Alabama QB
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Alabama QB
(01-11-2018 10:47 AM)Punk Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 10:43 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 10:39 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 10:22 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Someone is getting the QBs confused. Lane coached Hurts. The other QB was a true freshman and Lane claims he would have transferred if he didn't play in the title game. Every school in the country would go after the freshman, I doubt that he would sign with FAU.

Now, Hurts to FAU? That would seem logical.

Yes, Lane coached Hurtz but he recruited the freshman before he left for FAU. Seems pretty logical to me.

And Tua stayed with Bama instead of flipping to FAU. I don't know the kid, but he could pick any other school in the country and they would be laying out the carpet for him. Him going to FAU would be a shock. The other kids that transfer to FAU did it for a reason....they have baggage. Tua is the number 1 QB in country with no baggage and has a chance to be a number 1 pick. Playing at FAU wouldn't help him.

Tua was going to transfer to UCLA to play for Chip Kelly if he hadn't played on Monday night. Tua is from the same high school as Marcus Mariotta...who also played for Chip Kelly.

My GUESS is that Hurts will look to transfer somewhere. It's pretty obvious he's no longer the guy and it only took one half of a football game.

Now that makes sense.

I would guess Hurts goes down a level.

This is an example of what Wilder had to manage this past season. You want to redshirt the true freshman and he may not be quite 100% ready, but what damage does it do to have the best QB on the roster sitting on the bench?
01-11-2018 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

Tua made a terrible choice. Hope he likes throwing the ball 12 times a game, and scouts don't forget that he can throw by the time he is able to leave for the NFL.
01-11-2018 10:57 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2018 10:57 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Tua made a terrible choice. Hope he likes throwing the ball 12 times a game, and scouts don't forget that he can throw by the time he is able to leave for the NFL.

I mean in year 1 he got national attention for leading a huge comeback in the national championship game. That alone may make him a higher draft pick.
01-11-2018 11:23 AM
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

(01-11-2018 11:23 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 10:57 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Tua made a terrible choice. Hope he likes throwing the ball 12 times a game, and scouts don't forget that he can throw by the time he is able to leave for the NFL.

I mean in year 1 he got national attention for leading a huge comeback in the national championship game. That alone may make him a higher draft pick.

That was the NC with the team trailing by 20 points. They had to throw. Wait until the regular season, they will be back to throwing for 120 yards a game, and winning 10-6.
01-11-2018 11:51 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2018 11:51 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 11:23 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

That was the NC with the team trailing by 20 points. They had to throw. Wait until the regular season, they will be back to throwing for 120 yards a game, and winning 10-6.

And NFL teams will remember what he can do. Winning a NC helps his cause. Doing it against a really good defense also matters.

I will be curious to see what happens. They have typcially had poor QB play overcome by a great defense and running game. I think they will take advantage of finally having a great QB, but that remains to be seen.

The point is going to Alabama will probably help his cause in terms of draft position. Heck, McElroy was even drafted, lol
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 12:06 PM by Gilesfan.)
01-11-2018 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.