Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaching Staff Shakeup?
Bookmark and Share
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: Coaching Staff Shakeup?
(12-29-2017 12:53 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:52 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Word out of the South Side is that Frank Lenti is retiring as head coach of Mt. Carmel. Most football wins in Illinois history and 11 state titles. Jordan Lynch is expected to be named the new Caravan HC @WGNRadio.

That has to be a pay decrease from where he is now. But he has to get other coaching experience, so I get it.

I doubt it. What can niu pay 60k most?
12-29-2017 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Looking for a positive spin...it'll be nice to have the JL connection at Mt Carmel and in general the Chicago HS football scene. I'm sure he'll be a good ambassador for NIU and any local kids that are considering Dekalb as an option
12-29-2017 02:15 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

(12-29-2017 01:09 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  As much as I like hiring former Huskies, would like to get someone with more experience than cam for the RB. I wouldn't mind if they do hire Cam for the RB if they were going to hire someone else already with the extra "new" assist coach spot for all schools.

Not concerned how he coaches but more how he recruits.
12-29-2017 02:16 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-29-2017 01:49 PM)NILAW Wrote:  It sounds like what JL really wanted so good for him.

Josh Tolentino: "Lynch was extremely-liked not only by NIU running backs, but the entire team. He was able to relate to every guy. Harbison, Huff, Jones, Mister always mentioned how they enjoyed the process with JL6." Hard to replace that and I suspect the positives he brought to recruiting.

Yea I only talked to Lynch a little bit but I can see why the other RBs would want to work with him. Well, best of luck to him.
12-29-2017 02:32 PM
Huskie Tom 51 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-29-2017 12:53 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:52 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Word out of the South Side is that Frank Lenti is retiring as head coach of Mt. Carmel. Most football wins in Illinois history and 11 state titles. Jordan Lynch is expected to be named the new Caravan HC @WGNRadio.

That has to be a pay decrease from where he is now. But he has to get other coaching experience, so I get it.

High school coaches make as much money from football camps as they do coaching. They are also in demand on the lecture circuit in the offseason. Jordan Lynch is a great competitor and will be a great success at Mt. Carmel.
12-29-2017 02:49 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Dont high school coaches also have to be teachers?
12-29-2017 02:55 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(12-29-2017 02:55 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  Dont high school coaches also have to be teachers?

They do not, but usually at smaller high schools teachers coach. Or in some cases coaches may want to teach if they are certified to do so. In Texas, Florida, Ohio, and California especially, HS Coaches are typically not teachers.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 03:00 PM by DogPoundNorth.)
12-29-2017 03:00 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(12-29-2017 02:09 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 01:49 PM)NILAW Wrote:  It sounds like what JL really wanted so good for him.

Josh Tolentino: "Lynch was extremely-liked not only by NIU running backs, but the entire team. He was able to relate to every guy. Harbison, Huff, Jones, Mister always mentioned how they enjoyed the process with JL6." Hard to replace that and I suspect the positives he brought to recruiting.

It’s a huge loss. I was hoping he’d move on to a bigger program or the NFL and come back to us as a OC or head coach but I guess he could still develop as a coach and eventually find his way back.

He needs to get other experiences to make him a better coach
12-29-2017 03:56 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(12-29-2017 02:16 PM)NIUfrank Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 01:09 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  As much as I like hiring former Huskies, would like to get someone with more experience than cam for the RB. I wouldn't mind if they do hire Cam for the RB if they were going to hire someone else already with the extra "new" assist coach spot for all schools.

Absolutely needs to coach. Part of the issue with some our players is the lack of the development when they come in highly recruited and don't get better each year.
12-29-2017 04:00 PM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-29-2017 01:03 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Wow. Lynch did well in his first year as running back coach. If he hung in there he could possibly be the next head coach. Don’t go Jordan..... Don’t go.
I agree. I am not buying that he is leaving-- but . . .

Dam. I guess it happened.

Well, good luck JL.

And makes Carey's position a little shakier, I think.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 04:37 PM by chihuskie.)
12-29-2017 04:33 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
JL leaving is NOT a shakeup. Did he like coaching with Carey? He was D1 assistant without any coaching experience. He played for Carey in the Orange Bowl.

Wish JL well, he is taking on a BIG job. He is a young man to be HC at Mt Carmel. MC is a BIG time program and he is replacing a legend.
12-29-2017 04:34 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

Perhaps the bigger news is Lenti....after 34 years it seems he is not retiring but rather is being replaced.
12-29-2017 04:49 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
(12-29-2017 01:44 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Wonder if he hated coaching under Carey?

Or maybe he wanted to go coach the high school he played at.
12-29-2017 04:53 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

(12-29-2017 04:00 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 02:16 PM)NIUfrank Wrote:  

Absolutely needs to coach. Part of the issue with some our players is the lack of the development when they come in highly recruited and don't get better each year.

But at rb coach with a program that has shown, to consistently find great rbs, I just care more if he can recruit. I'm sure between a good recruiting rb coach and GA our running backs will be fine. So maybe if he's a weaker coach bit excellent recruiter he's worthy of a promotion.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 05:37 PM by NIUfrank.)
12-29-2017 05:13 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Best of luck to Jordan. I feel so fortunate to have watched him play.
12-29-2017 06:11 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

He deserves to earn his mark in the coaching perfession. Plus I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall and the downward trend Carey has this program. Secure a job before he's out of one.
12-29-2017 06:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Coaching Staff Shakeup?
I wish JL nothing but the best and a highly successful career at MC. If he ever decides to leave, I'd love to see him on the NIU sideline.
12-29-2017 06:57 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Having spoke to JL numerous times on a personal level, I think this is a good move for him. Chicago kid a heart, who I think looks forward to working with kids, parents and gets to go back to the City he's from.

That said, being an alumnus of both, the Lenti situation was not handled well. I hope JL can overcome this. I do think he name, "youth" is a positive, especially in the Western Ave. recruiting war on the S. Side, which MC is losing ground in. But there is a lot of animosity right now in Caravan land, a lot of conflicting stories that the fans and alumni want answers to.
12-29-2017 10:11 PM
NIU84 Offline
1st String

Time will tell if we see more recruits from Mt Carmel. Does anyone know if Lynch and Carey got along, and if Lynch was doing well and happy in the role?

FWIW - this Brother Rice grad is confused about the change at MC, Lenti deserves better than the weird story in the press today. It's abit sad to see.
12-30-2017 01:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.