UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iowa game thread
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Iowa game thread
The point was that relevant teams do it have that problem.
11-23-2017 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
The point is that it's their name and an acronym of their name. Their complaints are dumb. It's not a made up hyphenated version of their name. I could complain that we aren't called magic city university, and relevant or not basketball team, that would be a dumb complaint
11-23-2017 04:45 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
hahahaha...as much crying around here when people call us something other than UAB, and now we're arguing that other school's complaints are dumb. irony
11-23-2017 04:58 PM
The Answer UAB Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(11-23-2017 04:58 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  hahahaha...as much crying around here when people call us something other than UAB, and now we're arguing that other school's complaints are dumb. irony

I see the irony also lol.. but it's different in my mind. It's a well accepted acronym of the name of the school. If they don't want to be called that then I'm sorry, maybe change the name of your school. The names we get mad about are just weird made up hyphenated versions of our name that no one uses

I'm going to start getting mad when people call us UAB
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017 05:28 PM by The Answer UAB.)
11-23-2017 05:27 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
No disrespect was intended. I bet Minnesota and Michigan State fans remember MT, MTSU, or Middle Tennessee.
Point stands that MT has made the most of their opportunities in CUSA and UAB has not. That's not CUSA's fault. We had everybody back from an NCAA team that had a nice win there. We come out of the gate and flop, then proceed to flop in our home town tournament. Lots of experience back again the next season with the tournament back in the Ham. We flop again. Those missed opportunities are on UAB, players and coaches, nobody else.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017 07:14 PM by BlazerGreen.)
11-23-2017 07:11 PM
jthrashr Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
The frustrating thing about this team is that we have enough talent to compete with most teams on any given night, yet we're somehow unable to maximize our talent, so we've watched several seasons of wasted potential.

I don't know if it's a development issue, offensive/defensive systems, or general player disinterest, but there's this proverbial "something" that continues to hold us back.

All said, I still think we can compete for the CUSA title.
11-24-2017 02:19 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(11-24-2017 02:19 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  The frustrating thing about this team is that we have enough talent to compete with most teams on any given night, yet we're somehow unable to maximize our talent, so we've watched several seasons of wasted potential.

I don't know if it's a development issue, offensive/defensive systems, or general player disinterest, but there's this proverbial "something" that continues to hold us back.

All said, I still think we can compete for the CUSA title.
Ehsan has settled in on seven players in the rotation, until one of his starters gets into foul trouble and has to sit and watch. It is not until then when he subs in an eighth or ninth player off of the bench.

Eight or nine players need to be in the rotation, not seven, its getting them in to foul trouble as well as wearing those top seven down during the course of the game. The eighth and ninth player that he uses in the rotation should be two of the best "defensive" players that we have on the bench who can get in the rotation early and defend in the paint. We are a bit weak in numbers down low(only Cokley, Lee, and Sullivan as primary big men). It's wearing them down and, invariably every game, one of them is going to get into foul trouble, especially against more formidable opponents.
11-24-2017 10:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.