Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will the BIG12 eventually dissolve
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Will the BIG12 eventually dissolve
(11-18-2017 10:07 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  my post are long because there are thick people out there that cannot deal with reality and that say ignorant things like "after 2025 teams get to leave the Big 12 with no penalty"

They do. There is no GOR penalty once it expires, and if you had read my post you would have seen that I said there was an exit fee that was definable.

you see there are people out there that are so thick they cannot understand that the GOR is not the only contract that teams have with the Big 12

and they are also so thick they still cannot understand that the GOR has no penalty associated with it

The GOR carries potential diminished value penalties and forfeiture of rights. I would call those penalties.

nor can they understand that the Big 12 has a 99 year contract for conference membership which DOES have an exit fee associated with it and that contract and other similar to it are routinely enforced with exit fees that have increased as time has gone on

so thinking that teams get to leave after 2025 with no penalty is just being ignorant of REALITY the REALITY that the Big 12 has a 99 year contract for membership that HAS EXIT FEES

Again I didn't say that so you didn't bother to read my much shorter and concise post, or you can't comprehend what is written. But I tell you what you are doing. You're spamming the thread.

so again unless one is thick they would understand that the end of the GOR does not mean that teams are free to leave the Big 12 with no cost associated with that

and also there is no TWO YEAR NOTIFICATION TO LEAVE WITH NO PENALTY this is just you making up nonsense and being void of reality and not knowing what you are talking about

I didn't say that either. Instead this is just you making stuff up to seem competent. Which obviously you are not. And yes there is a notification of about 2 years that is required before leaving. The exit fee is still required as I stated in the previous post.

the Big 12 99 year contract for conference membership has NO TIME PERIOD OF NOTIFICATION THAT ALLOWS A TEAM TO LEAVE WITHOUT PAYING DAMAGES

thinking that is does is just being clueless and not knowing what you are talking about

Unnecessary repetition! And again I didn't say there were no exit fees.
and only someone with limited intelligence would try and say that forfeiting $32.5 million in conference distributions equates to "not paying anything to leave".......NOT GETTING MONEY IS THE SAME AS PAYING THAT MONEY
This is what is known as an ad hominem. "Limited intelligence" is displayed by the inability to read and comprehend another's post. I'm retired, & retired well thanks to 40 years of work in two different professions. How about you? Where did you get your knowledge base? I have a BA & a Masters to go with 40 years of experience in non profit and corporate life.
so the expiration of the GOR does not have anything to do with the contract for conference membership, there is no two year notification that allows a team to leave without paying a penalty and giving up conference distributions to the tune of $32.5 million IS PAYING TO LEAVE

Again you just repeat yourself flailing against an argument I never made. Must be convenient for you to ignore what I wrote to keep vomiting against your paper tiger.

2025 ends the penalty of the GOR. Two year notice can be given and served and an exit fee paid. Which if you read my post you will note I said would be a definable amount and not something that could merely be speculated about such as a GOR penalty if they tried to leave early and took it to court.

Todge you consistently argue the same way regardless of what others say or don't say. You take up 1/4 to a 1/3rd of a whole page to just repeat yourself. That's why it is spamming. You just keep it up until those who disagree with you get tired of wasting their time refuting you. You resort to ad hominem's when confronted and I've warned you about it before. You'll note that I did not refer to you as thick, of limited intelligence, void of reality, etc., etc.

I think we're done here. I'll be glad when the Big 12 passes into history because maybe that will finally shut you up, but I'm sure you'll find another lone topic to regurgitate.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 11:37 PM by JRsec.)
11-18-2017 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Underdog Offline
All American

I Root For: The American
Todge…. Why the insults? I had "THE SAME EXPERIENCE" with you on The American board in a thread that I referenced in Post #125. After we exchanged opinions about this concern, you agreed to remove the insults which I gave you rep for doing. We subsequently had meaningful dialogue—that impacted me enough to remember and reference what you disclosed on The American board regarding the Big 12 bylaws and collusion. I would never have remembered or referenced this information if the insults hadn’t been removed. In fact, we couldn’t even continue the discussion until the insults were removed because that’s all I could focus on despite the enlightening information that you thoughtfully provided.

I disagree with JRsec about your writing style (although I did mention the same thing in another thread, but for a different reason) because it makes you and this board unique. It would be boring as heck here if we all wrote the same way and agreed with each other all the time. Nevertheless, we should agree to have the same respect for each other’s opinions and posts that are properly presented. Consequently, please consider changing the tone of your future posts because you do have a lot to offer this board Todge....
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 02:04 PM by Underdog.)
11-19-2017 01:14 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
I think the reality that SOME people are failing to realize is that NOTHING is written in stone and EVERYTHING is negotiable.

That's the nature of contracts, as long as there's a legal system and lawyers, anything is possible for the right price and under the right terms.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 09:29 AM by BadgerMJ.)
11-20-2017 09:29 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
(11-18-2017 04:33 AM)templefootballfan Wrote:  Who gonna vote to dissolve
Tex is 2 in revenue, Okla 10, other schools are maxed out

Simple and to the point. Unlike others in this thread...
11-20-2017 10:19 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-20-2017 10:19 AM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  

But, inaccurate. Texas was #2 in revenue and Oklahoma was #6 (not 10th). As to the other schools being maxed out that is debatable, but the Big 12 was once again 3rd among the P5 in total revenue and still outpaced the ACC & PAC considerably. The only issue is that Texas and Oklahoma combined accounted for an abnormally high portion of the Big 12's overall money. And the two schools would only find peers in revenue production in either the Big 10 or SEC. The next highest producer in the Big 12 would not meet the mean or average of the SEC or Big 10.

But, what might be said which is truthful and accurate is that both Texas and Oklahoma earn enough that moving for more money is not that big of an issue.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 12:38 PM by JRsec.)
11-20-2017 12:34 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
(11-20-2017 12:34 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

But, inaccurate. Texas was #2 in revenue and Oklahoma was #6 (not 10th). As to the other schools being maxed out that is debatable, but the Big 12 was once again 3rd among the P5 in total revenue and still outpaced the ACC considerably. The only issue is that Texas and Oklahoma combined accounted for an abnormally high portion of the Big 12's overall money. And the two schools would only find peers in revenue production in either the Big 10 or SEC. The next highest producer in the Big 12 would not meet the mean or average of the SEC or Big 10.

It was more of a comment on the long winded posts elsewhere in the thread than the content...
11-20-2017 12:35 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-20-2017 12:35 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 12:34 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

But, inaccurate. Texas was #2 in revenue and Oklahoma was #6 (not 10th). As to the other schools being maxed out that is debatable, but the Big 12 was once again 3rd among the P5 in total revenue and still outpaced the ACC considerably. The only issue is that Texas and Oklahoma combined accounted for an abnormally high portion of the Big 12's overall money. And the two schools would only find peers in revenue production in either the Big 10 or SEC. The next highest producer in the Big 12 would not meet the mean or average of the SEC or Big 10.

It was more of a comment on the long winded posts elsewhere in the thread than the content...

Roger that!
11-20-2017 12:46 PM
Bigdog731 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
Not to stir the pot but I can't stop laughing about the 99 year contract....99 YEARS!
11-20-2017 11:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.