Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaching Carousel 2018...
Bookmark and Share
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
RE: Coaching Carousel 2018...
You definitely missed a chapter. Google Larry Nassar. Apparently it extends to the football and basketball teams.

01-26-2018 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-26-2018 03:26 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  You definitely missed a chapter. Google Larry Nassar. Apparently it extends to the football and basketball teams.

Thanks; saw that chapter but thought it was from a different book. I had no idea this extended throughout athletics. It's been a tough year for some of the big "name brand" programs. As egregious as this case was I'm glad it's coming to light. I saw that the President of MSU resigned this week so that's a pretty good indication this is bigger than Olympic sports.

01-26-2018 03:40 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I don't get the Nassar connection to Izzo and Dantonio? Just because they are both at MSU?

01-26-2018 03:41 PM
Bearcat1010 Offline
2nd String

(01-26-2018 03:41 PM)jarr Wrote:  I don't get the Nassar connection to Izzo and Dantonio? Just because they are both at MSU?

Multiple reports are starting to drop about the current investigations into all MSU sports. Looks like the basketball and football programs were handling all sexual assault cases in-house i.e. not doing anything or holding anyone accountable.

01-26-2018 03:52 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
If anything screams death penalty it is this. To me it looks like what Penn State did - tried to cover up a scandal (or in the MSU case evidently a lot of scandals) for the sake of their athletic department and of course the $$ that goes with it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/2221...-case-espn

But we know that won't happen.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 04:03 PM by bearcatfan.)
01-26-2018 04:01 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
It's really quite sad how believable the Michigan State reports are. We're only 6 years removed from the Penn State fiasco and yet no one seems to remember. Same thing with Baylor. On the academic side of things no one seems to care what UNC did.

I can only hope that if UC ever screwed up that bad I'd have it in me to put the tickets down and find something else to do.

01-26-2018 04:02 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-26-2018 04:02 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  It's really quite sad how believable the Michigan State reports are. We're only 6 years removed from the Penn State fiasco and yet no one seems to remember. Same thing with Baylor. On the academic side of things no one seems to care what UNC did.

I can only hope that if UC ever screwed up that bad I'd have it in me to put the tickets down and find something else to do.

Schools have continued to break the rules because the reward is much greater than the risk of getting caught.

Penn State got forgiven for their issue..
The U got a slap on the wrist for all of theirs...
As did Syracuse...
FSU...
North Carolina hasn't even been punished....
Baylor shouldn't even have a FB team right now...
Louisville is TBD...

01-26-2018 04:07 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(01-26-2018 04:02 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  It's really quite sad how believable the Michigan State reports are. We're only 6 years removed from the Penn State fiasco and yet no one seems to remember. Same thing with Baylor. On the academic side of things no one seems to care what UNC did.

They all have just too much money involved. And the NCAA has no power over the P5. If they were able to make an example out of one of these high profile schools it might have some effect on cleaning things up a little, but they have no power anymore.

01-26-2018 04:09 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(01-26-2018 03:22 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 03:07 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Wow...

Barstool Spartans‏Verified account @BarstoolMSU · 26m26 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Sources close to the Athletic Department reporting that Izzo may retire within next few days, Dantonio soon to follow.

In the absence of an impending scandal or health crisis, it's hard to imagine Izzo retiring midseason with a team that will receive a pretty good seed for March Madness. Maybe I missed a chapter in this story somewhere?

Izzo made a speech a couple of weeks ago bemoaning how bad the Nassar scandal made HIM feel and how hard it was making his recruiting and work. I think he also defended the now-ex-University President.

As for Dantonio... He has had a couple of less-than-compelling seasons and the general mood seems to be "clean the house." He'd probably be wise to claim "it's time to spend time with my family..." and bow-out gracefully.

01-26-2018 05:25 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-26-2018 03:52 PM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 03:41 PM)jarr Wrote:  I don't get the Nassar connection to Izzo and Dantonio? Just because they are both at MSU?

Multiple reports are starting to drop about the current investigations into all MSU sports. Looks like the basketball and football programs were handling all sexual assault cases in-house i.e. not doing anything or holding anyone accountable.

The upside is Houston football might hire them.

01-26-2018 05:30 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Lots of articles saying retirement talk is premature but I wouldn't bet on these guys long term futures.

01-26-2018 05:51 PM
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Dantonio next?

Since Dantonio's tenure began in 2007, at least 16 MSU football players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women, according to interviews and public records obtained by Outside the Lines.

01-26-2018 10:52 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
If you expect the NCAA to do anything serious to an Elite Team don't hold your breadth. PSU and Baylor should have been given death sentences. UL BB should get a death sentence. UNC - suspended scholarships.

Money talks. The NCAA knows the Power five could ditch them in a New York Minute.

01-27-2018 12:33 AM
crex043 Offline
All American

Funny thing is it's only a problem now that people have found out. Universities are supposed to be bastions of higher learning and justice. How much longer before the FBI starts investigating football as a part of their crusade against fraud in collegiate athletics? Some of these giants need to be laid low.

01-27-2018 06:42 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It’s the Sister Rose Method.

01-27-2018 07:17 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Coupla tidbits:

BK promoted Jeff Quinn to OL coach at ND

and

Report: Rodenberg among candidates to replace Coombs at OSU

Per the article, ex-Moeller coach Rodenberg says he would be interested in a college coaching job. Begs the question as to whether he was a candidate at UC for any of our openings. One would think he had to be interested based upon location and opportunity especially with his sacred Michigan St. program taking on a lot of water... Ex-UC coach Clinkscales also getting some hype for the job.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 12:48 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
01-27-2018 12:36 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Ohio State DC Greg Schiano headed to New England to replace Matt Patricia (who's headed to the Lions).

02-05-2018 04:23 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(01-27-2018 12:36 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Coupla tidbits:

BK promoted Jeff Quinn to OL coach at ND

and

Report: Rodenberg among candidates to replace Coombs at OSU

Per the article, ex-Moeller coach Rodenberg says he would be interested in a college coaching job. Begs the question as to whether he was a candidate at UC for any of our openings. One would think he had to be interested based upon location and opportunity especially with his sacred Michigan St. program taking on a lot of water... Ex-UC coach Clinkscales also getting some hype for the job.

If OSU's DBs starting showing like ours did under Clinkscale's positional coaching, there would be fans taking shots at him from the upper deck by year two.

Think about this...the two guys who got the most early development coaching from him in their careers (Linden Stephens and Grant Coleman) had three career picks COMBINED and were arguably two of the worst pass coverage corners we've had in the past three decades.

02-05-2018 04:33 PM
cmhcat Offline
Special Teams

(01-27-2018 07:17 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It’s the Sister Rose Method.

Had her in fourth grade...that was one nun nobody messed with...

02-05-2018 04:46 PM
JunctaJuvant Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: X-mas Cookies
New Digs

I am 99% certain the girl on the right is thinking "Oh dear God, Why did Saban hire him?"

03-07-2018 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.