Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kareem Hunt Toledo Football Jersey
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Kareem Hunt Toledo Football Jersey
Big problem, there's not one available for purchase anywhere. This MUST change.

Kareem the Dream just made a sweet post on Twitter repping his Toledo Rockets. The University needs to kick it up a notch and really utilize this unique situation. I want a Kareem Hunt Rocket jersey with his last name on the back! (I also plan on buying his Chiefs jersey)

https://twitter.com/Kareemhunt7/status/9...8719605761
10-11-2017 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

RE: Kareem Hunt Toledo Football Jersey
And just a FYI, Kareem had just under 8K followers on Twitter before making his NFL debut...now up to 23K and counting...(big time)
10-11-2017 06:58 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
http://utrockets.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=34

Heather Lutz
Asst. AD for Marketing, Sales & Fan Experience
419-530-2486
heather.lutz@utoledo.edu

Might be good place to start
10-11-2017 07:45 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Extremely hard to purchase rocket replica B-ball and football jerseys, been like that for a while
10-11-2017 08:49 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
It's probably because jerseys are expensive and in the past they've sat in Rockys Locker until they finally clearance them. People didn't buy em so they're gonna stop making them
10-11-2017 08:53 PM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

Emailed, even if its fruitless.

(10-11-2017 07:45 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  http://utrockets.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=34

Heather Lutz
Asst. AD for Marketing, Sales & Fan Experience
419-530-2486
heather.lutz@utoledo.edu

Might be good place to start
10-12-2017 08:39 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I look forward to the response

U will likely bang your head like I did when I asked about front license plates

I ended up making one myself
10-12-2017 09:10 AM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(10-12-2017 09:10 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  I look forward to the response

U will likely bang your head like I did when I asked about front license plates

I ended up making one myself

Looks awesome.
10-12-2017 12:22 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

correct me if I am wrong but I thought NCAA rules do not allow a players name or number to appear on a official jersey- I am certain that rule applies for current players but does it extend to those no longer under NCAA oversight? That is why you often do not see popular players numbers appear on jerseys when they are playing only after they done college career. Of course there are plenty of ways and places to get really authentic jerseys custom made with any name and number you wish, and much cheaper the official NCAA issued and legal college football jerseys. Same goes for NFL jerseys at 1/2 the cost of retail official ones. Just search and research online, watch for bad fakes or poor quality, but really good ones exist.
10-12-2017 12:36 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I know a guy that used to offer custom Toledo jerseys... and Chuck Ealey jerseys... and...

My #7 jerseys still look brand new after about 10 years.

The thought has crossed my mind to do this again.
10-12-2017 02:51 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't generally agree with the "pay the players" movement but there are lines. When a name is put on something and then used to make money not for that person, matriculated or not.... If the player signs off as a money making means for the University, that would be gracious and different and hopefully a tax deduction. Without that sign off, I don't think it's fair.
10-12-2017 05:38 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(10-12-2017 02:51 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  I know a guy that used to offer custom Toledo jerseys... and Chuck Ealey jerseys... and...

My #7 jerseys still look brand new after about 10 years.

The thought has crossed my mind to do this again.

You still have extras for sale?
10-12-2017 08:21 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(10-11-2017 08:53 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  It's probably because jerseys are expensive and in the past they've sat in Rockys Locker until they finally clearance them. People didn't buy em so they're gonna stop making them

It would have helped if they looked halfway authentic. I mean, you can find Ohio State replica jerseys that are a reasonable facsimile of what they wear on the field, down to the stripes, collar/yoke details, etc.. If you're at all detail oriented, what UT has typically offered isn't really all that close.

Two sets ago for example (the ones that Flu and Marrow graduated with) - I saw kids walking around campus with what looked like generic blue jerseys, gold collar, but screenprinted numbers in a reasonably close typeface to what was worn on the field.

Details matter to some. Granted, UT athletics is still using that background for postgame interviews on which the alignment of the rocket in the logo is off. Emailed the athletic department about that 9-10 years ago but it's still there. At any rate, if you want me to spend big bucks on a glorified shirt, make it worth it.
10-13-2017 12:13 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(10-12-2017 05:38 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  I don't generally agree with the "pay the players" movement but there are lines. When a name is put on something and then used to make money not for that person, matriculated or not.... If the player signs off as a money making means for the University, that would be gracious and different and hopefully a tax deduction. Without that sign off, I don't think it's fair.
That is my I believe you can not buy official NCAA jerseys with current players names and numbers, even once they are finished eligibility NCAA takes additional legal protection by only licensing official jerseys with numbers only (but not of current popular players). Not saying it is right or wrong, just why fNCAA jerseys of current and recent players are not readily available.
10-13-2017 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.