Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blade Runner 2049
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Blade Runner 2049
Has anyone seem it? I am a huge fan of the original, and was hoping someone could tell me how closely it follows the first film.
10-08-2017 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: Blade Runner 2049
SUCKED IMO. I just got back from watching it.

The film noir aspect of it, the cinematography, and the sound design were good.... hell, even the overall plot was not bad but the movie in and of itself was bad... I did not like it.... Ridley Scott must be slipping or something.... his last few reboots to some of his classic works have fallen flat IMO. Prometheus and Covenant had potential and aren't "that bad" but are well below the threshold set by his first Alien movie.

Anywho... do you want spoilers?

The trailers set up that Gosling's character will be searching for Ford's character which is true but for interesting premise considering how the first one ended with Dekert and Rachel--then again, I guess that would depend on which cut of the movie you watch LOL. Then there are two "conspiracies" kind of running in the background about Replicants and Humans and lets say what Tyrell started with Rachel.
10-08-2017 10:28 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(10-08-2017 10:28 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  SUCKED IMO. I just got back from watching it.

The film noir aspect of it, the cinematography, and the sound design were good.... hell, even the overall plot was not bad but the movie in and of itself was bad... I did not like it.... Ridley Scott must be slipping or something.... his last few reboots to some of his classic works have fallen flat IMO. Prometheus and Covenant had potential and aren't "that bad" but are well below the threshold set by his first Alien movie.

Anywho... do you want spoilers?

The trailers set up that Gosling's character will be searching for Ford's character which is true but for interesting premise considering how the first one ended with Dekert and Rachel--then again, I guess that would depend on which cut of the movie you watch LOL. Then there are two "conspiracies" kind of running in the background about Replicants and Humans and lets say what Tyrell started with Rachel.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it sucked, but IMO "meh" would be about right.

From the "artistic" viewpoint it was very good. Looked great, etc. The problem I had was that I got the feeling it was trying so hard to be "edgy", suspenseful, and film noir that it got in it's own way and ended up being kind of plodding at times.

It's probably worth it to see in a theater just because of the visuals on the big screen, but if you have an above average home theater, wait for PPV.
10-09-2017 06:31 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
http://www.darkhorizons.com/warners-exec...sinterest/

Interesting article discussing some of the "issues" with it.

Personally, I think the first one was before its time, and if it came out now, it would fit in well with the scifi landscape. The new one lacks any of the philosophical underpinnings of the original. IT was also way to drawn out and slow to develop key points. It was almost like it was made for sound and landscape viewing.
10-10-2017 11:17 AM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I really enjoyed this film. I am sorry it is not doing better at the box office.
10-10-2017 05:01 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks guys. I'm going to see it on Thursday, if it is still in the theaters.
10-13-2017 07:55 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I liked it. It isn't a Godfather Part II, but I think it fit well with the original. Yes it moved slowly, but so did the first Blade Runner. More movie fans should go see it before it's gone from the theaters. I thought it was worth the time and money. I'd even go see it again.
10-19-2017 08:14 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
the philip k dick novel had one of the most killer titles. great f*cking book. was the first contemporary sci fi for me and has generated an interest
10-22-2017 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.