UTSA: 10.0%
LA Tech: 8.3%
Southern Miss: 5.9%
MTSU: 3.4%
WKU: 1.8%
UAB: 0.5%
ODU&FIU: 0.1%
Rice, Charlotte, & UTEP: 0.0%

Let me see if I get it right: we demolish ODU and, just on the strength of that one game, we are the anointed favorites? It's all BS. After each week these rankings will shake up tremendously.
10-08-2017 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Chance For Each Team to Win C-USA
(10-08-2017 12:39 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 12:29 PM)AustinFromUNT Wrote:  Chance to win C-USA per ESPN FPI:
FAU: 37.3%
UNT: 19.0%
Marshall: 13.7%
UTSA: 10.0%
LA Tech: 8.3%
Southern Miss: 5.9%
MTSU: 3.4%
WKU: 1.8%
UAB: 0.5%
ODU&FIU: 0.1%
Rice, Charlotte, & UTEP: 0.0%

Let me see if I get it right: we demolish ODU and, just on the strength of that one game, we are the anointed favorites? It's all BS. After each week these rankings will shake up tremendously.

Definitely, Tech is still favored to win out according to Sagarin predictor. It could go either way for Tech. Let's see how this team responds
10-08-2017 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I've stated before the regular season began that if there's any conference that's up for grabs this year, it's Conference USA. The AAC is rock solid, the MAC has vastly improved from top to bottom, the Sun Belt's no pushover anymore (ask LSU) and IMO, the best so called "G5" program in the country is San Diego State out of the very entertaining Mountain West. Being a huge fan of Conference USA(and UAB), I'm obviously pleased to see the Blazers in the conversation after this point in time of the season after all they've been subjected to after November of 2014, with conference play in full bore. North Texas has been for me, the biggest surprise in the conference with their competitive fire and early success, Southern Miss is gradually getting back to that "Nasty Boys" state of mind, The Herd is Thundering for Marshall, and the "Florida Twins" (FAU and FIU)are bringing the fight under their colorful new head coaches, Lane Kiffin and Butch Jones. No days off in Conference USA and I'm perfectly fine with that. I am also not without empathy towards some of the other programs in the conference going through some hard struggles, like UTEP and Charlotte. If there's one team I had greater expectations of in our conference, it's Old Dominion. What's going on there? Injuries? Youthful team?
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 04:04 PM by Matrix.)
10-08-2017 04:03 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(10-08-2017 04:03 PM)Matrix Wrote:  I've stated before the regular season began that if there's any conference that's up for grabs this year, it's Conference USA. The AAC is rock solid, the MAC has vastly improved from top to bottom, the Sun Belt's no pushover anymore (ask LSU) and IMO, the best so called "G5" program in the country is San Diego State out of the very entertaining Mountain West. Being a huge fan of Conference USA(and UAB), I'm obviously pleased to see the Blazers in the conversation after this point in time of the season after all they've been subjected to after November of 2014, with conference play in full bore. North Texas has been for me, the biggest surprise in the conference with their competitive fire and early success, Southern Miss is gradually getting back to that "Nasty Boys" state of mind, The Herd is Thundering for Marshall, and the "Florida Twins" (FAU and FIU)are bringing the fight under their colorful new head coaches, Lane Kiffin and Butch Jones. No days off in Conference USA and I'm perfectly fine with that. I am also not without empathy towards some of the other programs in the conference going through some hard struggles, like UTEP and Charlotte. If there's one team I had greater expectations of in our conference, it's Old Dominion. What's going on there? Injuries? Youthful team?

Injuries to key starters and youth in some positions but that's not the reason we got demolished yesterday. Coaching was in full retarded mode and no adjustments what so ever and were exposed for what they are, a mediocre FCS coaching unit at best yesterday. I don't see ODU winning more than a couple of games if we continue to play like yesterday and that's being generous.
10-08-2017 04:31 PM
Advertisement

goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(10-08-2017 04:31 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 04:03 PM)Matrix Wrote:  I've stated before the regular season began that if there's any conference that's up for grabs this year, it's Conference USA. The AAC is rock solid, the MAC has vastly improved from top to bottom, the Sun Belt's no pushover anymore (ask LSU) and IMO, the best so called "G5" program in the country is San Diego State out of the very entertaining Mountain West. Being a huge fan of Conference USA(and UAB), I'm obviously pleased to see the Blazers in the conversation after this point in time of the season after all they've been subjected to after November of 2014, with conference play in full bore. North Texas has been for me, the biggest surprise in the conference with their competitive fire and early success, Southern Miss is gradually getting back to that "Nasty Boys" state of mind, The Herd is Thundering for Marshall, and the "Florida Twins" (FAU and FIU)are bringing the fight under their colorful new head coaches, Lane Kiffin and Butch Jones. No days off in Conference USA and I'm perfectly fine with that. I am also not without empathy towards some of the other programs in the conference going through some hard struggles, like UTEP and Charlotte. If there's one team I had greater expectations of in our conference, it's Old Dominion. What's going on there? Injuries? Youthful team?

Injuries to key starters and youth in some positions but that's not the reason we got demolished yesterday. Coaching was in full retarded mode and no adjustments what so ever and were exposed for what they are, a mediocre FCS coaching unit at best yesterday. I don't see ODU winning more than a couple of games if we continue to play like yesterday and that's being generous.

See, here I (silly me) thought we had something to do with your team losing...
10-08-2017 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(10-08-2017 04:46 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 04:31 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

See, here I (silly me) thought we had something to do with your team losing...

My bad i am not discrediting FAU. you guys were fantastic and punched in our mouth again and again i wish these goddman dumb ******* coaches of ours knew how to make adjustments.
10-08-2017 05:25 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
I think MT took FAU for granted. Your team looks legit, esp. with the improvement of Driskel.

But how in the hades did you lose to Buffalo ?
10-08-2017 08:24 PM
goliath74 Offline

(10-08-2017 08:24 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I think MT took FAU for granted. Your team looks legit, esp. with the improvement of Driskel.

Buffalo, as it turns out, are not terrible. They kept grinding down our D, we just couldn't get them off the field. So, despite a very close scoreline, they had something like a 41-to-19 TOP advantage. Buffalo would put together long 6-minute scopring drives, we would counter with 2-minute drives (even if they ended in scores). Additionally, this was the first start of the season for Driskel. I wish he had started from the very first game. He is a better QB and he has additional dimensions that Parr simply did not have.

BTW, this loss to Buffalo is the blueprint of how C-USA teams will beat us. MTSU and ODU lacked offensive punch to offset suspect defenses. A team that will compliment decent defense with an offense that can put together sustained drives against us will have a good chance of beating us.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 08:30 PM by goliath74.)
10-08-2017 08:28 PM
Advertisement

AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
(10-08-2017 08:28 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 08:24 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I think MT took FAU for granted. Your team looks legit, esp. with the improvement of Driskel.

Buffalo, as it turns out, are not terrible. They kept grinding down our D, we just couldn't get them off the field. So, despite a very close scoreline, they had something like a 41-to-19 TOP advantage. Buffalo would put together long 6-minute scopring drives, we would counter with 2-minute drives (even if they ended in scores). Additionally, this was the first start of the season for Driskel. I wish he had started from the very first game. He is a better QB and he has additional dimensions that Parr simply did not have.

BTW, this loss to Buffalo is the blueprint of how C-USA teams will beat us. MTSU and ODU lacked offensive punch to offset suspect defenses. A team that will compliment decent defense with an offense that can put together sustained drives against us will have a good chance of beating us.

Smiles in UNT. Nah forreal though this game in 2 weeks should be exciting. First to 100 wins.
10-08-2017 09:03 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Not to take anything away from FAU, who is doing very well, but ESPN is just riding Kiffin's c--k as they always have. I swear that guy must have dirt on everybody involved in the sport of football.
10-08-2017 10:43 PM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
One thing that is different from the Buffalo game is the speed of the play calls to snap. That has picked up in conference play as if he was saving it a bit or they simplified things to where the execution of it has improved because they are gassing teams now. ODU didn't know what hit them and we played with them but turned it over 3 times on their side of the field.

MT's D is the second best in the conference right now and UTSA is the best as far as the rankings go. Of course Brady and Minter missed the FAU game and are our 2 best players but FAU gassed our D because of the speed of snapping the next play which limits D's from subbing their players. That is why FAU is formidable in our league. The FAU Marshall game will be an awesome one but I'm picking FAU to win the east for now.
10-09-2017 11:05 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
FAU is winning conference games because of the run. Period. Limit them on the ground and don't turn the ball over. You win.
10-09-2017 11:49 AM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(10-09-2017 11:49 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  FAU is winning conference games because of the run. Period. Limit them on the ground and don't turn the ball over. You win.

Driskel running has really added a new dimension to their game.

I don't remember him doing that in the past.
10-09-2017 12:25 PM
goliath74 Offline

(10-09-2017 12:25 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 11:49 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  FAU is winning conference games because of the run. Period. Limit them on the ground and don't turn the ball over. You win.

You're right, Driskel didn't do this before. We knew he did have some mobility but nothing even approaching what he did against ODU.

But here's the conundrum. Driskel is capable of 300-350 yards passing games. He has done it before. So, I do not know if he had lost that or not. If he still has it in him, we will not find out until someone does stop our running game. I am almost certain that someone will. Then we will find out.
10-09-2017 01:47 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(10-09-2017 01:47 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 12:25 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

You're right, Driskel didn't do this before. We knew he did have some mobility but nothing even approaching what he did against ODU.

But here's the conundrum. Driskel is capable of 300-350 yards passing games. He has done it before. So, I do not know if he had lost that or not. If he still has it in him, we will not find out until someone does stop our running game. I am almost certain that someone will. Then we will find out.

Just don't get him hurt running, like we did with Lil' Stock.

Driskel seems to perform the QB slide a lot better than Stockstill (very awkward)
10-09-2017 07:23 PM
AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/9...6365644800
Lane Kiffin had something to say about this ?
10-09-2017 07:26 PM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
This conference needs as much character/color as it can get! Yay!
10-09-2017 11:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.