Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stabilizing Obamacare
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Stabilizing Obamacare
Actually, I'll concede this in the interest of my bipartisan tendencies.

The raw numbers would be needed to be adjusted for inflation, no doubt.

Further the raw or gross $$$'s may not actually be all that important, if taken in a vacuum, that's not necessarily what got a place like Greece in trouble. IOWs who cares if I take on the debt of an expensive car or big ass house if I'm making bank.

the true measure of the debt would need to be examined as the % of GDP to see how much of a burden it is actually is or could be.

So, with my generous reach across the aisle here, take a good long look at this and tell me what you think.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S

Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis, Office of OMB.

Anyone who knows how to get that to post, please do. Above my level of computer incompetence, it seems...
09-18-2017 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(09-18-2017 03:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 09:15 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  We will see the deficit sky rocket. The only time the GOP cares about the deficit is when we have a D President. We won't be hearing about Greece when they want to pass a tax cut. Deficits won't have nearly the same significance now. They have to show something right? It will be a clown show of hypocrisy.

Neither party gives a damn about the deficit. Kick the can down the road, get me re-elected, and when it hits the fan it will be somebody else's problem.

On this I think we can ALL agree.

But if that is to be the case, I'd at least have us see some benefit from it.

I know, Unicorns and fairy tales...
09-18-2017 03:31 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-18-2017 03:31 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 03:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Neither party gives a damn about the deficit. Kick the can down the road, get me re-elected, and when it hits the fan it will be somebody else's problem.

Oh, it has plenty of benefit. It lets them buy enough votes to get re-elected. And that's the only thing 95% of them give a rat's ass about.

ETA: I probably should restate that a bit. I think there are actually a goodly number of sincere people trying to do the right thing. But the Reids, Schumers, Pelosis, Obamas, McConnells, and probably Ryans of the world don't give a damn about that. To them, it's all a game, and winning is all that matters.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 03:38 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-18-2017 03:35 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(09-18-2017 03:35 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 03:31 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(09-18-2017 03:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Neither party gives a damn about the deficit. Kick the can down the road, get me re-elected, and when it hits the fan it will be somebody else's problem.

Oh, it has plenty of benefit. It lets them buy enough votes to get re-elected. And that's the only thing 95% of them give a rat's ass about.

ETA: I probably should restate that a bit. I think there are actually a goodly number of sincere people trying to do the right thing. But the Reids, Schumers, Pelosis, Obamas, McConnells, and probably Ryans of the world don't give a damn about that. To them, it's all a game, and winning is all that matters.

Edit: Should have read "I'd at least like to have had us see some benefit from it."

We doubled the national debt and got zippidy-doo-dads for it.
09-18-2017 04:42 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Yeah we sure got a lot out of those bridges in Fallujah too. You make a great point.
09-18-2017 04:54 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(09-18-2017 04:54 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Yeah we sure got a lot out of those bridges in Fallujah too. You make a great point.

FLAG!!!

Playa committed a nekkit non sequitur. 15 yards, loss of down, and must apologize to his mother for embarrassing the family.
09-18-2017 05:03 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Whistle*****££*£

Arms waving overhead.......

The play is under review.......

Upon further review the "playa" using sarcasm made a direct comparison between wasting money on a God foresakeken war in a hell hole money pit vs. actually helping out millions of families with sick loved ones. MAGA one family at a time. America first. The flag is being waved off an the 80 yard touchdown strike prevails.

Mach's mother is and will always be proud of the great man her son has become. Although there is always room for improvement even in the great ones.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 07:07 AM by Machiavelli.)
09-19-2017 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.