Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miami at Arkansas St canceled: won't be made up
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Miami at Arkansas St canceled: won't be made up
(09-08-2017 12:20 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:41 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Miami is potentially about to be hit by one of the strongest hurricanes EVER, and we are worrying about a football game? Great decision by Miami putting the needs of their players and families first. A large part of their players are from Miami, and their homes are about to get plastered. Football is secondary. Too bad, so sad for Ark State unfortunately, but this is more important...by far. I can't even believe it's up for debate.

I don't blame Miami for not wanting to play this year's game, and I think most even the Arkansas State fans would agree with that. It is Miami NOT wanting to make up for the game that has everyone riled up. Miami also could have taken ESPN up on its offer and moved the game out consideration for the athletes. But, no, Miami chickened out.

Miami athletes are the only ones that matter here, as they are the ones affected by the hurricane, and to a man they are saying it's crazy to be thinking about football right now.
09-08-2017 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
It looks like Miami hasn't scheduled an OOC road game for 2019. Looks like a good opportunity to make the game up. Has there been any discussion of playing the game then?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt...wolves.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/miam...icanes.php
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 09:11 AM by orangefan.)
09-08-2017 09:10 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(09-08-2017 08:50 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 12:00 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:30 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Arkansas State has hurt its image with all of this. That's the only aspect that isn't debatable.
It'll be back to serial rape coverups, fake classes, motorcycle wrecks, and such within days. Poor people complaining about getting screwed out of their paycheck isn't that interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

What you ARKers fail to realize is that this is the hurricane's fault, not Miami's. And there's no way you can make others think otherwise. 07-coffee3
Obviously no way you can make others think anything, particularly on social media where things are black and white and everything requires a pitchfork and a hateful monster to chase down. This week we happen to be one of the monsters.

09-08-2017 09:20 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(09-08-2017 09:10 AM)orangefan Wrote:  It looks like Miami hasn't scheduled an OOC road game for 2019. Looks like a good opportunity to make the game up. Has there been any discussion of playing the game then?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt...wolves.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/miam...icanes.php

From what I've heard Miami's AD said that their is a possibility of rescheduling if A-State wants too.
09-08-2017 09:34 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(09-08-2017 09:20 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:30 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Arkansas State has hurt its image with all of this. That's the only aspect that isn't debatable.
It'll be back to serial rape coverups, fake classes, motorcycle wrecks, and such within days. Poor people complaining about getting screwed out of their paycheck isn't that interesting.

What you ARKers fail to realize is that this is the hurricane's fault, not Miami's. And there's no way you can make others think otherwise. 07-coffee3
Obviously no way you can make others think anything, particularly on social media where things are black and white and everything requires a pitchfork and a hateful monster to chase down. This week we happen to be one of the monsters.

I don't think anyone believes you are 'hateful monsters'. Just that your AD and vocal part of your fan base has been tone-deaf and wrong about how to handle the Miami cancellation. It's correctable, btw.
09-08-2017 12:02 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama

Well, don't go getting all sappy now.

Be mad at your AD for putting you in a position to catch flack.
09-08-2017 12:04 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(09-08-2017 12:02 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

I don't think anyone believes you are 'hateful monsters'. Just that your AD and vocal part of your fan base has been tone-deaf and wrong about how to handle the Miami cancellation. It's correctable, btw.
I agree that some of us have not adopted the correct virtue signalling script we are expected to follow in these cases.

My issue doesn't even really involve Miami anymore. It has more to do with how social media adopts a script and you by God better follow it and not deviate.

Look at McMurphy's tweet. A sports reporter can't even suggest a possible reschedule date without OUTRAGE!

Lol, I'm confident enough on my own empathy. I don't really need people on the internet who don't know me to judge my "sensitivity".

I give money to panhandlers and feed a bunch of stray cats and passionately argue for the poor in the Mississippi Delta. Maybe I will go to hell for questioning "The U". Who knows.

09-08-2017 12:17 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-08-2017 12:20 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:41 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Miami is potentially about to be hit by one of the strongest hurricanes EVER, and we are worrying about a football game? Great decision by Miami putting the needs of their players and families first. A large part of their players are from Miami, and their homes are about to get plastered. Football is secondary. Too bad, so sad for Ark State unfortunately, but this is more important...by far. I can't even believe it's up for debate.

I don't blame Miami for not wanting to play this year's game, and I think most even the Arkansas State fans would agree with that. It is Miami NOT wanting to make up for the game that has everyone riled up. Miami also could have taken ESPN up on its offer and moved the game out consideration for the athletes. But, no, Miami chickened out.

Move it to when? There are no mutual open dates available. There was no way possible to both play the game Friday and get Miami's athletes back to South Florida in enough time for them to prepare themselves and their families for the storm then evacuate. What exactly was Miami supposed to do in your eyes?
09-08-2017 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.