Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA POTW Awards 2017
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: CAA POTW Awards 2017
(09-25-2017 09:53 AM)Potomac Wrote:  CAA Football Rookie of the Week
Ezrah Archie, Fr., WR, James Madison (Sicklerville, N.J./Timber Creek Regional)

In his first career start, Archie made a team-high eight receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown in James Madison’s 28-10 win over Maine. The freshman wide receiver, who had made just three catches all season, had a long reception of 31 yards and snared a 3-yard TD pass in the fourth quarter to help clinch the victory.

Congrats to Ezrah. Was interesting listening to the postgame presser with HCMH when asked did he expect Ezrah to be a contributor this season. His immediate answer was "no". Went on to talk about how he was a late offer and thought he would be a development type project (note, don't think he used those exact words but that was the tone) for the future. But, he came in, has worked his tail off and has EARNED his playing time. Awesome to see. Keep up the great work, Ezrah!! 04-rock
09-25-2017 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bobbyjmu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
Saturday, there was no one Better Than Ezrah! (sorry, couldn't resist). He filled in admirably, looking forward to seeing players suspended for 1st 4 games contributing the rest of the season.
09-25-2017 12:28 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

(09-25-2017 12:11 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

In his first career start, Archie made a team-high eight receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown in James Madison’s 28-10 win over Maine. The freshman wide receiver, who had made just three catches all season, had a long reception of 31 yards and snared a 3-yard TD pass in the fourth quarter to help clinch the victory.

Congrats to Ezrah. Was interesting listening to the postgame presser with HCMH when asked did he expect Ezrah to be a contributor this season. His immediate answer was "no". Went on to talk about how he was a late offer and thought he would be a development type project (note, don't think he used those exact words but that was the tone) for the future. But, he came in, has worked his tail off and has EARNED his playing time. Awesome to see. Keep up the great work, Ezrah!! 04-rock

The school that Archie went to, Timber Creek, is a football power in South Jersey and plays really good competition so it is not a huge surprise that he the competition does not seem to be above him.
09-25-2017 12:49 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Archie really did a great job on Saturday and made some pretty clutch catches. He had a ton of targets so Schor definitely trusts him. And to think that this guy is only a Freshman. If he keeps this up, he's going to be super scary for opponents in the years to come.
But was very impressed with him and good to see a coach that credits players that work hard and it is really paying off.
09-25-2017 01:06 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(09-25-2017 01:06 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  Archie really did a great job on Saturday and made some pretty clutch catches. He had a ton of targets so Schor definitely trusts him. And to think that this guy is only a Freshman. If he keeps this up, he's going to be super scary for opponents in the years to come.
But was very impressed with him and good to see a coach that credits players that work hard and it is really paying off.

Houston has gotta love that Archie got all those targets and did so well. Now he can point to Archie and say, this is what hard works gets you. Not that I think there are players that aren't working hard, but it's nice to have that shining example to motivate the rest of the team to put in the extra effort.
09-25-2017 02:40 PM
Dukester Offline

(09-25-2017 12:49 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 12:11 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

The school that Archie went to, Timber Creek, is a football power in South Jersey and plays really good competition so it is not a huge surprise that he the competition does not seem to be above him.

Has a hot GF named Veronica

just saying.....
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 12:07 AM by Dukester.)
09-26-2017 12:06 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA Football Offensive Player of the Week
Trai Sharp, Jr., RB, James Madison (Carrboro, N.C/Carrboro)

Sharp rushed for a career-high 185 yards and a touchdown on 36 carries in James Madison’s 20-10 victory at Delaware. The junior running back averaged 5.1 yards per carry against a Blue Hens’ defense that was allowing just 62 yards per game on the ground. He also caught three passes for 13 yards as JMU won its CAA record-tying 17th straight game.
10-02-2017 08:38 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA Football Defensive Player of the Week
Kyre Hawkins, Sr., LB, James Madison (Baltimore, Md./Dunbar)

Hawkins recorded a game-high 10 tackles, set a career-high with 3.0 tackles for loss, made two sacks and broke up two passes in No. 1 James Madison’s 30-8 victory over No. 11 Villanova. The senior linebacker led a dominant effort by the Dukes’ defense, which held the Wildcats to 174 total yards and only allowed them past midfield once all afternoon.
10-16-2017 08:41 AM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
Dang. Last week I projected that JBrown would be DPW. Hawkins had a MONSTER game. He definitely deserved it. The D-line was getting after the Villanova QB all day and if it wasn't for missed holding penalties probably would have set a record for sacks.
10-16-2017 08:43 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Brown (12) actually registered more tackles than Hawkins (10). But, Hawkins definitely deserved it. Other stats for Hawkins... 3 TFL's, 1 sack, and 2 pass break ups. That's a helluva stat line.

Congrats to Kyre. Well deserved.
10-16-2017 08:50 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Congrats to Kyre and to all the D players on a great game!! Real team effort.

Brian
10-16-2017 10:33 AM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
Someone with some extra time on their hands should try and figure out when the last time one of JMU's opponents won one of these.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 10:36 AM by Dukie95.)
10-16-2017 10:36 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

CAA Football Co-Defensive Player of the Week
Rashad Robinson, Jr., CB, James Madison (Richmond, Va./Hermitage)

Robinson made three tackles and returned a key interception 82 yards for a TD in James Madison’s 21-0 shutout of New Hampshire. The interception, which was Robinson’s CAA-best fifth of the season, was the third-longest return in JMU history and stopped a UNH drive into the red zone. The Dukes held UNH to a season-low 193 total yards and became the first FCS team since 2013 to keep them scoreless.
10-30-2017 08:38 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Congrats to Rashad. Well deserved. Even better knowing he's got another season in purple.
10-30-2017 08:44 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Congrats to Rashad!! Well deserved!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
10-30-2017 10:27 AM
2Buck Offline
All American

(10-30-2017 10:27 AM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Congrats to Rashad!! Well deserved!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian

I'm looking at your post Brian and there's just something off about it. Then it hit me, your little profile banner thing changed colors. I guess you must have moved up a posting level? Considering all your posts are positive, you've spread quite a bit of optimism on this board so congrats.

Then I realized something even more impressive: With 2,500+ posts at an average of 97 exclamation marks per post, that key on your keyboard must be pretty worn out! 04-bow
10-30-2017 11:19 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

2Buck

Had not noticed that, I think you are correct. Not sure what the various levels are but I do remember being the water carrier or whatever it is called. I guess I do get somewhat excited from time to time but since my college experience, and the wife also, (Stevens Institute of Technology class of 77) did not include sports the wife and I have adopted JMU as our school to ROOT!!!! for. It all started with the older daughter in 2006 and the MRD's and continued with the younger daughter and the MRD's for a second time.

I am sure you have seen the shirts that people wear that say "I married into this". Wife and I are trying to figure out a similar saying that covers us. haven't come up with a good one yet.

And yes my !!!! key has been reinked a few times!!

Go Dukes!!

See what I mean?

Brian
10-30-2017 01:23 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

(10-30-2017 01:23 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  2Buck

Had not noticed that, I think you are correct. Not sure what the various levels are but I do remember being the water carrier or whatever it is called. I guess I do get somewhat excited from time to time but since my college experience, and the wife also, (Stevens Institute of Technology class of 77) did not include sports the wife and I have adopted JMU as our school to ROOT!!!! for. It all started with the older daughter in 2006 and the MRD's and continued with the younger daughter and the MRD's for a second time.

I am sure you have seen the shirts that people wear that say "I married into this". Wife and I are trying to figure out a similar saying that covers us. haven't come up with a good one yet.

And yes my !!!! key has been reinked a few times!!

Go Dukes!!

See what I mean?

Brian

No need to overthink a reason for rooting for the Dukes, especially since you have more of a connection to JMU than the vast majority of SEC fans have to the schools they root for.

[Image: 593eb84f609a48711a673280d21eb5c9.jpg]
10-30-2017 04:53 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

9-0. 21 game winning streak. Defending national champions. Conference flagship.

Only six POTW awards given out of a potential forty awards given out. It's really more than forty too since they believe in giving out co-POTW awards.

Do other leagues only give out the awards to their clear top team only 15% of the time?
11-06-2017 10:01 AM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(11-06-2017 10:01 AM)Potomac Wrote:  9-0. 21 game winning streak. Defending national champions. Conference flagship.

Only six POTW awards given out of a potential forty awards given out. It's really more than forty too since they believe in giving out co-POTW awards.

Do other leagues only give out the awards to their clear top team only 15% of the time?

I think it speaks more to how good this team is across the board. Stats-wise we haven't had many offensive performances that warrant player of the week. On defense every player is contributing.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 10:43 AM by #YEEHAWDUKES.)
11-06-2017 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.