Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: Rutgers
Bookmark and Share
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: Rutgers
In his press conference, Rutgers coach Chris Ash publicly said he was worried by how his defense responded to tempo on offense against Washington.

Expect us to use it often. Time for Keen to show us his creativity in play calling.
09-04-2017 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emdypo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: emu eagles
I don't know what to think about this game. EMU's defensive line looked pretty capable, but I thought our secondary looked a little suspect even though Charlotte's quarterback didn't have great numbers. Our offensive line definitely didn't impress. I think we averaged 3.1 yards per carry against a very weak Charlotte defensive line. If Roback and our wide receivers show up big, we might give Rutgers a scare, but if our offense struggles to stay on the field this one could get ugly real quick.
09-04-2017 05:54 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 01:57 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Game notes are out. Do see any differences in game 1 and 2 starters.

http://emueagles.com/documents/2017/9/4/...df?id=5053

Steve,

It looks like Kemp is listed at TE. Hopefully he's healthy and returns with a much needed contribution to the O.
09-04-2017 06:25 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Rutgers reporting no major injuries in game 1

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/
09-04-2017 06:55 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-04-2017 06:25 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 01:57 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Game notes are out. Do see any differences in game 1 and 2 starters.

Steve,

It looks like Kemp is listed at TE. Hopefully he's healthy and returns with a much needed contribution to the O.

He was listed the same way last week and didn't even dress. Wouldn't count on anything from the TE position again. To have any chance we're gonna have to go 4 wide primarily, and Roback will have to play flawless with no turnovers.

They have an NFL caliber DE that we will have to account for with extra help, or Roback WILL be on the ground.
09-04-2017 08:22 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 08:22 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:25 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

Steve,

He was listed the same way last week and didn't even dress. Wouldn't count on anything from the TE position again. To have any chance we're gonna have to go 4 wide primarily, and Roback will have to play flawless with no turnovers.

They have an NFL caliber DE that we will have to account for with extra help, or Roback WILL be on the ground.
I've seen that Rutgers strength is their DL. EMU needs to work the quick, short passing game to neutralize that.
09-04-2017 08:50 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(09-04-2017 05:54 PM)emdypo Wrote:  I don't know what to think about this game. EMU's defensive line looked pretty capable, but I thought our secondary looked a little suspect even though Charlotte's quarterback didn't have great numbers. Our offensive line definitely didn't impress. I think we averaged 3.1 yards per carry against a very weak Charlotte defensive line. If Roback and our wide receivers show up big, we might give Rutgers a scare, but if our offense struggles to stay on the field this one could get ugly real quick.

Yes, consider that Charlotte had two drives in our territory that they blew up themselves by having two 15 yard penalty called that killed both drives. Also we had one pass interference call that saved a TD when the ball hit the defender's helmet.

Our offense looks more suspect when you consider our defense gave them the ball 3 times.
09-05-2017 01:52 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
I think this is EMU's best shot to end the long losing streak against the B10. Rutgers may be improved, but so is EMU over the past few years. Should be an entertaining game to watch.
09-05-2017 08:59 AM
JonesGoddard Offline
2nd String

It appears positional TEs had zero involvement in offense last week. Either they aren't showing their cards with a hidden stand-out in Bryce Kemp or H. Andrews or they've completely given up on this being a part of the offense -- probably the later.

So, Brogan should be slinging it again this week.

Things I'm hoping to see;

1. Good defensive play, if we lose, so be it. But, I better not see a performance like we had against Mizzou last year. If we keep it around 4 touchdowns I'd be happy. Even on the take-a-ways?

2. A sliver of hope from the Offensive line, no more than 3 sacks and 75+ yards rushing? Too much to ask?

3. Dieuly should have a breakout game.
09-05-2017 10:21 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Gentlemen,
Let's take a deep breath on the tight-end position. Yes, we lost Kilby, but we have only played one game. Using the tight-end as a receiver, whom ever it might be, may be just around the corner. I cannot believe that the coaching staff has totally forgotten about that position.
09-05-2017 10:57 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

While Brogan can be a gunslinger, it doesn't take as much time off the clock, last year we had a better than average ground attack which gave our defense time off the field rather than being involved in a track meet. I'd agree last year's offensive line was more suited to dominate the defense and push off the D. This line seems more mobile and geared to pass protection. Which means hopefully we'll see more passes to the running backs or screens called especially if Rutgers does blitzing.

This should be an interesting game to watch.

TE right now is either a decoy or blocking position. Not as productive as when we had Buschman, Browning Tuttle or Kilby. We may have to wait until next year to see that type of offense again. I do think Oakes will be a good one if given time to develop and about 20-25 pounds of strength.
09-05-2017 11:25 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 11:48 AM by emu79.)
09-05-2017 11:41 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I believe if CC is moving this program in the right direction, if we lose it should not be by more than 7-10 points; however, I'm a realist and I do expect an EMU Victory!!

Lets go 1-0 this week!!!
09-05-2017 03:05 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-05-2017 03:05 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I believe if CC is moving this program in the right direction, if we lose it should not be by more than 7-10 points; however, I'm a realist and I do expect an EMU Victory!!

Lets go 1-0 this week!!!

Yeah, we all remember the Mizzou embarrassment last year. Need to be competitive against a lower level Big Ten team.
09-05-2017 03:32 PM
chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
Good luck this weekend, guys. Here's to a fun, entertaining, and safe game. 04-cheers
09-05-2017 04:23 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-05-2017 04:23 PM)chrisRU Wrote:  Good luck this weekend, guys. Here's to a fun, entertaining, and safe game. 04-cheers

04-cheers
09-06-2017 09:57 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
09-06-2017 08:22 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

EMU needs a signature win like WMU and CMU get on a consistent basis. This game needs to result in a W or it is a disappointment to me.
09-07-2017 09:08 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-07-2017 09:08 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  EMU needs a signature win like WMU and CMU get on a consistent basis. This game needs to result in a W or it is a disappointment to me.

Right Bob, EMU needs to live up to your expectations? Get a life. Your muted response to our 7-6 season last year and a bowl appearance could have been a soundtrack to a cricket convention. Nothing EMU has done or will do will ever be good enough for you because quite simply you should be fan of a different school because you sure aren't one of EMU.
09-07-2017 09:40 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-07-2017 09:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:08 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  EMU needs a signature win like WMU and CMU get on a consistent basis. This game needs to result in a W or it is a disappointment to me.

Right Bob, EMU needs to live up to your expectations? Get a life. Your muted response to our 7-6 season last year and a bowl appearance could have been a soundtrack to a cricket convention. Nothing EMU has done or will do will ever be good enough for you because quite simply you should be fan of a different school because you sure aren't one of EMU.

Exactly. Notice how Bobby didn't say a word last week during or after the win. He'll be all over the board this week when the probabilities say a loss is likely. Such a loser. 03-lmfao
09-07-2017 09:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.