Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte 49ers at EMU
Bookmark and Share
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Charlotte 49ers at EMU
Anyone know if Arbor Brewing will be there this season? I'm thinking they should invite multiple brewers in and put them on the track at the south end. A mini beer fest during each game. Also would be a throw back to the days of the party hill before the stadium renovations.
08-28-2017 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Per Steiner/Wetherbee on the WTKA show: new lighting, parking lot renovations, restroom renovation (no more troughs in the men's room), and work on the video board.

Also, the clear-bag-only policy gone. And if you haven't heard, students have free parking and pizza during tailgates.
08-28-2017 05:58 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Also, Wetherbee says he's bringing a special guest to Wednesday's coaches lunch.

Ken, are you going? Fill us in, if you can!
08-28-2017 06:01 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-28-2017 05:58 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Per Steiner/Wetherbee on the WTKA show: new lighting, parking lot renovations, restroom renovation (no more troughs in the men's room), and work on the video board.

Also, the clear-bag-only policy gone. And if you haven't heard, students have free parking and pizza during tailgates.

Wetherbee seems to have hit the ground running. Great idea for the new student section in the main lot. That entire lot across from stadium needs to be packed with tailgaters. Will be doing our part with 14 friends and family! Perfect weather forecast.......going to be a great day!
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2017 06:23 PM by EagleTough.)
08-28-2017 06:21 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

With UofM out of town, hopefully we'll get more EMU students, alumni and others to our game so that they can see how far CC has brought this program.
08-28-2017 06:28 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear FrankAnderson,
Yes I will be going. I hope there will be a good turnout, and will gladly share anything I find out.
08-28-2017 06:42 PM
HuffyLegend Offline
Water Engineer

ETOUGH...played D1AA ball awhile back (dated myself with that). My folks absolutely LOVED hanging with the other parents at home & away.
I am very glad that you had such a wonderful experience that you are still in it to win it behind this program. You put your money & your rear end behind these kids & the program.
Rare, and cool.
(wish the best for your son)
08-28-2017 08:11 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

(08-28-2017 04:55 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Anyone know if Arbor Brewing will be there this season? I'm thinking they should invite multiple brewers in and put them on the track at the south end. A mini beer fest during each game. Also would be a throw back to the days of the party hill before the stadium renovations.

From what I have heard, yes.
08-28-2017 10:03 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

https://youtu.be/VY_qMu_rXpo

Football press conference
08-28-2017 10:32 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I can't believe the NCAA is bringing up eligibility issues with Sow-NOW, the kid has been enrolled since January 2017. There usually aren't issues with Canadian kids.
08-29-2017 02:47 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-29-2017 02:47 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I can't believe the NCAA is bringing up eligibility issues with Sow-NOW, the kid has been enrolled since January 2017. There usually aren't issues with Canadian kids.

Look forward to seeing him next year..........and hopefully solving one of our OT problems for the following 4 years.
08-29-2017 10:37 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(08-29-2017 10:37 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-29-2017 02:47 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I can't believe the NCAA is bringing up eligibility issues with Sow-NOW, the kid has been enrolled since January 2017. There usually aren't issues with Canadian kids.

Look forward to seeing him next year..........and hopefully solving one of our OT problems for the following 4 years.

So I'm guessing he redshirts this year and regains eligibility for 2018? He is listed on the roster, has a 6'5 frame to add additional muscle and learn the game.
08-29-2017 12:06 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-29-2017 12:06 PM)emu79 Wrote:  

So I'm guessing he redshirts this year and regains eligibility for 2018? He is listed on the roster, has a 6'5 frame to add additional muscle and learn the game.

Assume so. He is a BIG kid with a bright future. Probably would have been starting OT before the year was over, as a true freshman. Probably says more about our current struggles at the position, than him being all world or anything. Fact remains, he's big, with good feet, and very likely our starter next year assuming everything gets worked out.

He's already 6'5" and 315lbs, so plenty big. Not a ton of bad weight there either. Just needs to turn some of the baby fat into muscle, which he'll certainly do over the next year (if he has any work ethic at all).

Glass half full I guess.
08-29-2017 01:29 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-29-2017 01:29 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-29-2017 12:06 PM)emu79 Wrote:  

Assume so. He is a BIG kid with a bright future. Probably would have been starting OT before the year was over, as a true freshman. Probably says more about our current struggles at the position, than him being all world or anything. Fact remains, he's big, with good feet, and very likely our starter next year assuming everything gets worked out.

He's already 6'5" and 315lbs, so plenty big. Not a ton of bad weight there either. Just needs to turn some of the baby fat into muscle, which he'll certainly do over the next year (if he has any work ethic at all).

Glass half full I guess.

i was reading another forum (WMU) and they seem to be having NCAA issues as well.

Why is everyone writing off the season for him (as a redshirt)? Very likely NCAA is still working on pending decisions.
08-29-2017 01:56 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear steve and EagleTough,
We still have a few days for the NCAA to make its decision.
08-29-2017 02:09 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

He's not on depth chart, stick a fork in him, time to move on. Bukoski is the man right now. Close between he and Armstrong, but apparently Armstrong is only about 275 so Bukoski gets his shot. If Nielsen gets hurt we're in deep doodoo, that's where Sow was competing. The other 2 guys behind Nielsen are not ready for this level.

For whoever thought Samuelson would compete, he got moved inside from OT, and still ended up 3rd string!

Will be holding breathe all year hoping OL stays healthy.
08-29-2017 02:28 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(08-29-2017 02:28 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  He's not on depth chart, stick a fork in him, time to move on. Bukoski is the man right now. Close between he and Armstrong, but apparently Armstrong is only about 275 so Bukoski gets his shot. If Nielsen gets hurt we're in deep doodoo, that's where Sow was competing. The other 2 guys behind Nielsen are not ready for this level.

For whoever thought Samuelson would compete, he got moved inside from OT, and still ended up 3rd string!

On a positive note, next year the OL will be returning a load of experience. That will help with the new QB situation. They will need to recruit the position heavily though. Isn't there already a few OL commits?
08-29-2017 03:11 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-29-2017 02:28 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  He's not on depth chart, stick a fork in him, time to move on. Bukoski is the man right now. Close between he and Armstrong, but apparently Armstrong is only about 275 so Bukoski gets his shot. If Nielsen gets hurt we're in deep doodoo, that's where Sow was competing. The other 2 guys behind Nielsen are not ready for this level.

I'm pretty sure he will not be listed on the depth chart until if and when cleared by the NCAA.
08-29-2017 03:24 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

08-29-2017 03:33 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

My prediction:

EMU 34
Charlotte 17
08-29-2017 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.