Thread Closed 
Alright folks ... cool it
Bookmark and Share
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Alright folks ... cool it
I have a busy early day and afternoon with guests over for the eclipse ... but in the mid to later afternoon expect a post from me outlining some changes and seeking input from you, the users.

Until then ... dial back the complaints and bickering please.
08-21-2017 05:20 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

spartypants Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: I-D-A-H-O
RE: Alright folks ... cool it
Why was Frank's thread closed? Critique is not allowed? It seems a pretty constructive conversation to have a thread about how to improve the board.

For what it's worth, I think the individual school forums are not needed. So what if 90% of the threads are NMSU related. At least there will be active threads on the first page without having to drill down to find interesting topics.
08-23-2017 11:44 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
I was also confused why the thread was closed. I know the moderators are trying to appease everyone, but that seems silly to shut down a thread that was constructive. The moderators even asked for input in the thread then they shut it down.

I stand by my comments that if the individual that caused all of this would have been reigned in or contacted directly, we would never have gotten to the point that we are at now. I literally have no others issues on this board. It was just one person screwing things up for everyone.
08-23-2017 01:13 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(08-23-2017 11:44 AM)spartypants Wrote:  Why was Frank's thread closed? Critique is not allowed? It seems a pretty constructive conversation to have a thread about how to improve the board.

For what it's worth, I think the individual school forums are not needed. So what if 90% of the threads are NMSU related. At least there will be active threads on the first page without having to drill down to find interesting topics.

(08-23-2017 01:13 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  I was also confused why the thread was closed. I know the moderators are trying to appease everyone, but that seems silly to shut down a thread that was constructive. The moderators even asked for input in the thread then they shut it down.

I stand by my comments that if the individual that caused all of this would have been reigned in or contacted directly, we would never have gotten to the point that we are at now. I literally have no others issues on this board. It was just one person screwing things up for everyone.

The thread was closed because I learned long ago that there is a such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Look at the results of the forum organization poll. Almost totally unanimous ... keep it as is. And yet, what is the first post in reply to me now on this thread? LET'S CHANGE THE ORGANIZATION! /facepalm Too many cooks in the kitchen. And it isn't just one guy either.

So I have stepped in so we can methodically go over this, come to an agreed set of conventions/rules, and THEN STICK TO THEM.
08-23-2017 04:54 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Guy's, I asked for help and that is what GTS is doing. Please respond to the polls he posts and let your opinions be heard in them.
08-23-2017 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
spartypants Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: I-D-A-H-O
Ok. Later fam.

05-lurk
08-24-2017 08:30 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
There is really one idiot on this board and he is the one who whines every time an NMSU thread is started. The GCU fans are great. Frank is Frank and if you don't like his threads just ignore him instead of whining and bitching incessantly. That person was banned already once and probably should have stayed banned. CP has been a little strict but does a good job. Leave everything as is and ignore the cry baby runner fan. Everything is fine. Carry on.
08-24-2017 09:02 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.