Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SDSU Game Sept 30th
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: SDSU Game Sept 30th
(09-24-2017 01:35 PM)Max Power Wrote:  SDSU ranked 19 AP/21 Coaches

Has NIU ever beaten a top 20 team on the road? Tide I believe was 21st, and Kent #18 was neutral site
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017 05:06 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
09-24-2017 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Huskies open at +13. Wow
09-24-2017 05:25 PM
NIUTrekker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
We match up well against SDSU and have a legitimate shot at winning. I just hate our history of games in San Diego. Hopefully this year's team has no regard for that history.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
09-24-2017 05:38 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(09-24-2017 05:38 PM)NIUTrekker Wrote:  We match up well against SDSU and have a legitimate shot at winning. I just hate our history of games in San Diego. Hopefully this year's team has no regard for that history.

going to have to score real points in this game. i know our Defense is great, but their RB is too good not to get 1 or 2 big plays. Besides one long throw vs Nebraska, Santa didn't look good. He needs to make some big throws, and Huff will again need to have some big runs. SDSU's offense is so much better than Nebraska's.
09-24-2017 05:40 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-24-2017 05:25 PM)clcfball11 Wrote:  Huskies open at +13. Wow

Massey has it as a 30-17 SDSU win. I actually think that sounds about right.
09-24-2017 06:01 PM
McQuervo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SDSU
Our kids played in HORRIFIC weather last night and pulled it off. Bad officiating actually (for once) helped us yet make no mistake Air Force is a quality foe.

Expect smash mouth FB, that is our style. Those coming to the game- it has turned Fall weather (aka its 70* not 72*).... Penny should have a big day as he was held to only 105 yards in the rain against the Boy Scouts. Our D is real. This team is real.

Enjoy your time in San Diego!
09-24-2017 06:26 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2017 05:40 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(09-24-2017 05:38 PM)NIUTrekker Wrote:  We match up well against SDSU and have a legitimate shot at winning. I just hate our history of games in San Diego. Hopefully this year's team has no regard for that history.

going to have to score real points in this game. i know our Defense is great, but their RB is too good not to get 1 or 2 big plays. Besides one long throw vs Nebraska, Santa didn't look good. He needs to make some big throws, and Huff will again need to have some big runs. SDSU's offense is so much better than Nebraska's.
Don't you mean you hope Graham gets the start and Jones should get all the carries? Santa's not the answer and Jones is better than Huff, remember?
09-24-2017 06:29 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2017 06:26 PM)McQuervo Wrote:  Our kids played in HORRIFIC weather last night and pulled it off. Bad officiating actually (for once) helped us yet make no mistake Air Force is a quality foe.

Expect smash mouth FB, that is our style. Those coming to the game- it has turned Fall weather (aka its 70* not 72*).... Penny should have a big day as he was held to only 105 yards in the rain against the Boy Scouts. Our D is real. This team is real.

Enjoy your time in San Diego!

Really looking forward to this game. It will really be a measuring stick for our guys against a proven quality Top-20 opponent. I think we will measure up because we have several playmakers on both sides of the ball. I think it will be a great ballgame if our coaches allow our offense flourish instead of handcuffing them. Can't wait!!!
09-24-2017 06:33 PM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

Santa made 2 Sunday throws on the drive to get us back in the lead; the slant to Blake may have been the better throw; but his best plays may have been the decision to not throw the ball (avoiding turnovers). None of us (especially you) would have ever thought we would win once we went down. Gotta love a boneyard victory.
09-24-2017 06:58 PM
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I am so stoked for this game. I agree that this will be a major measuring stick for NIU. I look forward to tailgating w/ the Huskie faithful and sitting w/ everyone at the game. That said, what will be the tailgate spot and where are the Huskie fans in the stadium. I bought tickets (Field Level 7) but on the assumption I will be able to move around.

Go Huskies!
09-24-2017 06:59 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

SDSU is ranked very low in offense. Lower than Nebraska. 75th in scoring and 88th in yards. Obviously a good run game, but one of the worst passing games.
09-24-2017 07:11 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(09-24-2017 07:11 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

SDSU is ranked very low in offense. Lower than Nebraska. 75th in scoring and 88th in yards. Obviously a good run game, but one of the worst passing games.
Yeah, besides the NIU game Nebraska's offense has been fairly productive. A lot of turnovers which is obviously not good, but they've put up points.
09-24-2017 08:11 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

With that defense SDSU has and NIU's poor offense, SDSU may not need many points to win this game. I just hope NIU does not approach every offensive possession with the only intention of not turning it over. I hope there is a realization that 3 and outs on every drive are like a half of a turnover.
09-24-2017 08:17 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
(09-24-2017 07:11 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

I think this is going to be a challenging game for us. NIU is a good program, and you have a "winning culture." On defense, the NIU DBs look to all be NFL quality, and could change the game with a few interceptions.

With that, our passing game is not horrible. It is actually pretty good. It is just that our passing game is predicated on running the football. We run play-action, bootlegs, etc. Just watch our Stanford game, and you will see that our QB is a poised, competent veteran that doesn't make mistakes. IN fact, just look at his accuracy and TD to INT ration.

Honestly, outside of stopping the Triple Option, I do not see a lot of weakness for our team this year. The best chance for a Husky victory is stoping the run, and putting us in 3rd and Long, where our Offense cannot use its play-action and bootlegs.

I think this will be a close game. Something like 24-14 Aztecs. We will see.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 08:35 AM by fanhood.)
09-24-2017 10:11 PM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
SDSU is an excellent team, however I do not see them putting 42 points on NIU again. I also believe that this will be close game.
09-24-2017 11:22 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-24-2017 11:22 PM)sterling1man Wrote:  SDSU is an excellent team, however I do not see them putting 42 points on NIU again. I also believe that this will be close game.

The only way I can see SDSU going over 40 is if NIUs offense gives them prime field position via three and outs or turnovers. SDSU will put up their points and NIU will need a minimum of 3 TDs. The fear to me in this game is the speed that SDSU defense plays at. I fear it will be a bit of a shock to NIUs offense and could have a feeling of TCU and Boise St bowl games where the mismatch seems so excessive. I could see NIU being ultra conservative offensively and that will accentuate SDSUs speed on defense and make it even tougher to move the ball
09-24-2017 11:59 PM
dpgohuskies Offline
2nd String

Hoping to see more power football from us, 2 TE's and run it with Huff, play action off of that,mix in the spread from time to time, but line up and move them off the ball. I think we can play that way.
09-25-2017 09:06 AM
Splooie99 Offline
2nd String

(09-25-2017 09:06 AM)dpgohuskies Wrote:  Hoping to see more power football from us, 2 TE's and run it with Huff, play action off of that,mix in the spread from time to time, but line up and move them off the ball. I think we can play that way.

I agree, we need to turn our offensive size advantage on the line and plow forward. It will be tough to get around the end with their team speed. Once we get them stopping the run, it should open up the passing game a little.

Main thing is no turn overs on offense. See you at the game Huskie Fans.
09-25-2017 09:52 AM
McQuervo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SDSU
B-2 is out for tailgating as I have been informed by my CIC that we are going to our Mexico place.

Head over to the Aztec Village- pay the $10. and have a blast.

AF game-if you stayed up long enough to watch it you will have seen our O inept in the first half and come alive (a bit) in the second half. Our D is stellar.

Injury wise we are in good shape with one of our star DL's coming back this week.

Will post a couple of links yet suggest you google San Diego Union Tribune for daily updates.
09-25-2017 10:50 AM
NIU17 Offline
All American

(09-25-2017 10:50 AM)McQuervo Wrote:  B-2 is out for tailgating as I have been informed by my CIC that we are going to our Mexico place.

Head over to the Aztec Village- pay the $10. and have a blast.

AF game-if you stayed up long enough to watch it you will have seen our O inept in the first half and come alive (a bit) in the second half. Our D is stellar.

Injury wise we are in good shape with one of our star DL's coming back this week.

Will post a couple of links yet suggest you google San Diego Union Tribune for daily updates.
It seems everyone on here thinks the SDSU offense is what we have to be worried about. If it's your D, this could make for a very interesting game.
09-25-2017 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.