Bookmark and Share
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
RE: Arkansas State vs Miami
(07-12-2017 01:13 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 02:58 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 02:23 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 01:56 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I'd love to see us beat Miami like we were playing Appy St, but they are always fast!!! It'll be a tough to keep it close.

Do what we couldn't, and then taunt the **** out of us. It will hurt, but it will be the best thing for the Sun Belt.

You mean like us beating Toledo.

U of Miami has an incredible Defense. This will get ugly. The Canes should make a number of teams look bad this season.

You mean like the Toledo kicker blowing a gimme 30 yd FG to lose the game.

Miami has an okay defense. If Hansen can get going, the offensive coordinator doesn't tinker with his blocking scheme, and Anderson doesn't tinker with the line-up too much, Arkansas State should be able to hang. I have a feeling Rolland - Jones will be the difference maker for stAte in order to keep the game close (plus he has a real opportunity to earn himself a few million dollars with a good showing).
07-12-2017 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(07-12-2017 04:03 PM)Warhawkman Wrote:  Should be a fun game no matter what happens for A-Sate fans. Getting a school like Miami at home hopefully brings y'all some solid season ticket sales. Question for App fans whens the return game against Miami? Is there one, or has it already happened?

App is traveling to Miami in 2021. The out of conference schedule that season it going to be awesome.

9/4 - ECU in Charlotte, NC - my alma mater
9/11 - @ Miami (FL)
9/18 - Elon - Old Southern Conference rival for a few years and my dad's alma mater
9/25 - Marshall - Old Southern Conference rival and one of my best friends alma mater
07-12-2017 07:14 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
First off props to Rowdy Roddy Mohajir for pulling this off. I've bragged on him before. I love the way he fights for his school. He runs his jibs a bit but if he's my guy running his jibs I'm laughing along with him.

But he pulled off bringing in one of the storied names in big time football INTO Jonesboro. I'm not the history buff some are but I can't think of any of the rest of us that have done that. I don't care what circumstance conspired to make it happen. He pulled it off unless I'm wrong.

As to the game. My memories of Arky State were teams that had very good speed if not size and played pretty undisciplined to the point of inciting on field and sideline conflagrations. They did it at Western and I've seen it happen on the road with other Sun Belt teams. I'm sure that'll bring out the Arky State faithful to pillory me but that is my take. Can't remember who it was last year, maybe South Al but it went to crap on TV. If it wasn't South Al I apologize. I just remember watching it.

All that said they will be facing a school that has much more speed and has a history that makes Arky State's lack of discipline look like cub scouts. I'm sure Richt has tried to reign it in since his arrival but when that South Florida yapping starts the Red Woofs would be wise to not respond. Miami's been doing it nastier and longer than Arky State.

A brand new QB can definitely be a huge factor favoring the Red Woofs. I'd never say they have no chance. Playing at home. The place should be rocking. Not gonna lie. I'm jelly as hell. No way we ever pull off a program like the Canes coming into BG. Good luck.

Disclaimer: People been crying about our teams hitting through the whistle for a long time. It doesn't bother me. It's football.
07-12-2017 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Here is the deal with last year.

We went to spring with the 2015 back-up #1 and he had a few starts, Hansen arrived and was #2 and the third QB in 2015 was the 3.
At the end of spring, Hansen finally captured the #1 but not until the final week, the 3 was #2 and the former 1 was3rd.

Go into fall camp and here's Chad Voytik a grad transfer from Pitt and Hansen and the prior 2 and 3 have transferred.
Final week of camp Voytik gets the nod with the vow Hansen will see action. He didn't see much.

Drop a turd at Utah State and Hansen turns a 24 point deficit into a 7 point deficit. Gets first start against UCA, we turn it over 4 times and give up a special teams TD.

Play Ga So and we are -5 on turnovers but somehow squeak out a win and then went on a roll
07-12-2017 11:52 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Arkansas State vs Miami
(07-12-2017 11:56 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 09:33 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  They’ll beat us by 14-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake Anderson uses out of conference games as a type of preseason. This game will likely be a blowout due to Anderson tinkering with his line-up and play calling still.

It’s at home. Aside from Toledo we don’t get dismantled at home.

07-13-2017 05:45 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-12-2017 06:27 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 01:24 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 01:21 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Least you guys blew the kick to a quality team unlike when App choked the game winning kick against Liberty back 2014 right, 'Neers?

Ark St. fan bringing up 2014, questionable.

I don't like bringing up 2014 because we somehow lost to that App team that lost to Liberty.

Now 2015...that's a different story.

And in 2016 we somehow managed to piss away a game against a stAte team that lost to UCA. Wtf.
07-13-2017 06:48 AM
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arkansas State
(07-12-2017 11:27 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  First off props to Rowdy Roddy Mohajir for pulling this off.

As to the game. My memories of Arky State were teams that had very good speed if not size and played pretty undisciplined to the point of inciting on field and sideline conflagrations.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I would disagree with the size. We tend to end up with smaller, faster players. Teams like Toledo exploited this. I would say "undisciplined" is a good word to describe our team (125th in the nation). However, we did reel it in towards the end of last year. Wait. Never mind, we had 15 penalties in our bowl game.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 10:55 AM by ApexRedWolf.)
07-13-2017 10:50 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Terry is much more Ric Flair. Woooooooooooo!
07-13-2017 10:56 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

What's Arky?
07-13-2017 11:02 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(07-13-2017 10:50 AM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 11:27 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  First off props to Rowdy Roddy Mohajir for pulling this off.

As to the game. My memories of Arky State were teams that had very good speed if not size and played pretty undisciplined to the point of inciting on field and sideline conflagrations.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I would disagree with the size. We tend to end up with smaller, faster players. Teams like Toledo exploited this. I would say "undisciplined" is a good word to describe our team (125th in the nation). However, we did reel it in towards the end of last year. Wait. Never mind, we had 15 penalties in our bowl game.

i worded it poorly. i probably should have said 'very good speed if not good size...

that's what I meant. trade off size for speed.
07-13-2017 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
It's an OOC game so loss. If they were in the conference, stAte would win.
07-13-2017 11:30 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(07-13-2017 05:45 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  

Blake Anderson uses out of conference games as a type of preseason. This game will likely be a blowout due to Anderson tinkering with his line-up and play calling still.

Any loss to an in-state FCS school is the equivalent of dismantling. Then you lost to a putrid Utah State team. Blake Anderson's out of conference record isn't even close to being good, at home or away.
07-13-2017 11:53 AM
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

(07-13-2017 10:56 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Terry is much more Ric Flair. Woooooooooooo!

If only we could come up with footage of the 2013 GSU halftime speech and add a few "WOOOOO!"s to it.

I mean how many ADs would grab a mic, walk out on the field at halftime, and give a peptalk to fire up the crowd when you're losing to the worst team in FBS! Unbelievable! 04-rock
07-13-2017 12:09 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Arkansas State vs Miami
(07-13-2017 11:53 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 05:45 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  

Any loss to an in-state FCS school is the equivalent of dismantling. Then you lost to a putrid Utah State team. Blake Anderson's out of conference record isn't even close to being good, at home or away.

I didn’t say it was good or even close.

We haven’t been blown out at home in the last 6 years except for Toledo.

That’s all I said.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 12:25 PM by WolfBird.)
07-13-2017 12:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-13-2017 06:48 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 01:21 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Least you guys blew the kick to a quality team unlike when App choked the game winning kick against Liberty back 2014 right, 'Neers?

I don't like bringing up 2014 because we somehow lost to that App team that lost to Liberty.

And in 2016 we somehow managed to piss away a game against a stAte team that lost to UCA. Wtf.

Tyson Summers made some awesome decisions in that game.
07-13-2017 12:27 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(07-13-2017 12:09 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 10:56 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Terry is much more Ric Flair. Woooooooooooo!

If only we could come up with footage of the 2013 GSU halftime speech and add a few "WOOOOO!"s to it.

I mean how many ADs would grab a mic, walk out on the field at halftime, and give a peptalk to fire up the crowd when you're losing to the worst team in FBS! Unbelievable! 04-rock

I think it is a great tragedy that no one filmed it. We need it as a hologram to watch when people go in the AState Sports Museum I'm building when I hit the powerball.

There are AD's who might try it, but few would pull it off.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen. Players go to the lockers leaving behind a surly and pissed off crowd, come back out and the place is going bananas because everyone is so fired up. Get a scoop and score on GaSt's first possession and next possession a walk on DB blocks a punt and a transfer from a DII who rarely saw the field fell on it for a TD.

Outside of the Memphis comeback probably the most nuts I've seen our crowd go.
07-13-2017 12:39 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-13-2017 12:27 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 06:48 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Tyson Summers made some awesome decisions in that game.

.....I hate you.
07-13-2017 12:58 PM
thelateshow Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: A-State
(07-13-2017 12:39 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

I think it is a great tragedy that no one filmed it. We need it as a hologram to watch when people go in the AState Sports Museum I'm building when I hit the powerball.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen. Players go to the lockers leaving behind a surly and pissed off crowd, come back out and the place is going bananas because everyone is so fired up. Get a scoop and score on GaSt's first possession and next possession a walk on DB blocks a punt and a transfer from a DII who rarely saw the field fell on it for a TD.

And I missed it because I had to go take a leak and fume about how crappy we were playing.
07-13-2017 04:28 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(07-13-2017 04:28 PM)thelateshow Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 12:39 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

And I missed it because I had to go take a leak and fume about how crappy we were playing.

So did I. I kicked and stomped on the concourse. When I came back out I had no idea what happened. Didn't really know til I got home and read about it in the Den.
07-13-2017 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.