Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA in the NCAA Baseball Tourney
Bookmark and Share
DogsWin1 Online
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: C-USA in the NCAA Baseball Tourney
Replay showed the USM batter was safe at 1st. Game should definitely be tied.
06-06-2017 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I've seen Little League teams field popups better than USM has in this game. No excuse for USM to be behind.

And then a huge umpire error gets Berry ejected and suspended automatically two games for bumping the other umpire who came over.
06-06-2017 12:31 AM
austinniner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-05-2017 11:00 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 10:50 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:09 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 03:21 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 02:53 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  I saw 3:30 CT on ESPN a moment ago. Don't know if that's still accurate.

the ncca has screwed (TTT) the pooch on this one in epic fashion.....

a 10 am start would've worked out perfectly.....

a 2 pm start after the first cell passed would put us in the 5th now....

at this point, I think they're waiting for a drought to settle in....

the ncaa is steaming pile of 01-rivals
Nothing in this year's tournament will beat the NCAA site rep in Fayetteville not allowing the tarp to be put on the field after the umpiring crew called the grounds crew out in the middle of an absolute gully-washer at 2:40 AM. It will be a travesty if Arkansas wins that regional after what Missouri State had to put up with there.

My understanding was that the umps decided that since Arkansas had to play in those conditions, it was only fair if Missouri State had to, as well. That's what the commentators said, anyway.

Regardless, Missouri State won today to advance.
The umps were ready to call it a night, but Dave Van Horn argued about it. The site rep then told the grounds crew to stand down. The bullpens had already emptied into the dugouts before the tarp pull was stopped.

And the conditions Arkansas had in the field for were nowhere near as bad as Missouri State had it. Arkansas tied the game on a wild pitch (second in a row) that was still rising when it hit the backstop because the pitcher couldn't grip the wet ball properly.

Justice was served today though.

Back to the matter at hand, I like the way USM has been aggressive at the plate in this nightcap. Nothing like game 1.

a pop fly that drops - if that's the difference between winning and losing, that really sucks.
06-06-2017 12:38 AM
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

(06-06-2017 12:38 AM)austinniner Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:09 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 03:21 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  the ncca has screwed (TTT) the pooch on this one in epic fashion.....

a 10 am start would've worked out perfectly.....

a 2 pm start after the first cell passed would put us in the 5th now....

at this point, I think they're waiting for a drought to settle in....

the ncaa is steaming pile of 01-rivals
Nothing in this year's tournament will beat the NCAA site rep in Fayetteville not allowing the tarp to be put on the field after the umpiring crew called the grounds crew out in the middle of an absolute gully-washer at 2:40 AM. It will be a travesty if Arkansas wins that regional after what Missouri State had to put up with there.

My understanding was that the umps decided that since Arkansas had to play in those conditions, it was only fair if Missouri State had to, as well. That's what the commentators said, anyway.

The umps were ready to call it a night, but Dave Van Horn argued about it. The site rep then told the grounds crew to stand down. The bullpens had already emptied into the dugouts before the tarp pull was stopped.

And the conditions Arkansas had in the field for were nowhere near as bad as Missouri State had it. Arkansas tied the game on a wild pitch (second in a row) that was still rising when it hit the backstop because the pitcher couldn't grip the wet ball properly.

Back to the matter at hand, I like the way USM has been aggressive at the plate in this nightcap. Nothing like game 1.

a pop fly that drops - if that's the difference between winning and losing, that really sucks.
Just wish that aggressiveness had carried over into fielding popups.
06-06-2017 12:39 AM
austinniner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-06-2017 12:39 AM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 12:38 AM)austinniner Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:09 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  Nothing in this year's tournament will beat the NCAA site rep in Fayetteville not allowing the tarp to be put on the field after the umpiring crew called the grounds crew out in the middle of an absolute gully-washer at 2:40 AM. It will be a travesty if Arkansas wins that regional after what Missouri State had to put up with there.

Just wish that aggressiveness had carried over into fielding popups.

welp, that sucked
06-06-2017 12:51 AM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

USM loses because of:
$EC umps
Outfielders that don't like to catch.

SMHHH
06-06-2017 12:51 AM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

Super regionals:
11 P5s
5 non-FBS

Pac-12 vs SEC (#1 Oregon State vs Vanderbilt)
Big West vs Big West (Cal State Fullerton vs Long Beach State) (Rivalry)
ACC vs Southland (Florida State vs Sam Houston State)
SEC vs SEC (#4 LSeww vs Fail State)
SEC vs A-10 (Texas A&M vs Davidson)
ACC vs SEC (#7 Louisville vs Kentucky) (Rivalry)
Big XII vs Missouri Valley (#6 TCU vs Missouri State)
SEC vs ACC (#3 Florida vs Wake Forest)

Glad we have an all non-P5 super.
06-06-2017 01:40 AM
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

Final 32 (regional finalists at each site):

SEC 8, ACC 6, Big 12 4, Big West 2, Pac 12 2, MVC 2, C-USA 2
1 each for SLC, A10, AAC, Big East, Ivy, MEAC
06-06-2017 02:32 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Dadgummit, guys, what happened? When I gave up and went to bed at midnight, it looked like you were well on your way to taking the Cow Bells and moving on. Congrats on a really strong season, but sorry to see it come to an end too soon. Cheers!
06-06-2017 06:04 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
This really depresses me. I got nobody to root for in the Super Regionals!!!
06-06-2017 09:04 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(06-06-2017 09:04 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  This really depresses me. I got nobody to root for in the Super Regionals!!!

Underdogs. Cinderellas.
06-06-2017 09:24 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
One of USM's finest TTT moments last night. Sad.
06-06-2017 10:04 AM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
Great season Eagles... I know that doesn't take the sting of the loss away because you felt there was a lot of potential. I'm down about how our season finished as well. But this was a special season for USM and you guys should be proud what your team was able to accomplish. It's hard to advance out of one of the toughest (if not the toughest) regional where the worst RPI team was still in the top 100.

Come to Mobile -- we'll commiserate together.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 12:34 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
06-06-2017 12:32 PM
MoodyBlueRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(06-06-2017 12:32 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Great season Eagles... I know that doesn't take the sting of the loss away because you felt there was a lot of potential. I'm down about how our season finished as well. But this was a special season for USM and you guys should be proud what your team was able to accomplish. It's hard to advance out of one of the toughest (if not the toughest) regional where the worst RPI team was still in the top 100.

Come to Mobile -- we'll commiserate together.

Got to say I was deeply disappointed when I woke up this morning to learn Southern Miss (my Cinderella Pick for the CWS) had blown a shot at killing their nemesis, Mississippi State! You were up 4-1 when this old man fell asleep03-weeping But, I am no where close to being as heartbroken as the Golden Eagle Faithful. Condolences to our Conference Mates (as well as to Rice) and Congrats on a great season despite not getting to the Super Regional.
06-06-2017 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.