Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northeastern streaming
Bookmark and Share
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Northeastern streaming
Can your athletic department please teach us and most of the other schools in our conference how to do a decent stream and production? Your school is always top notch in this department.

I turned off the Towson stream and am listening to the UNCW audio broadcast while I have the JMU Northeastern game on mute because the Towson broadcast was terrible

Kudos
05-20-2017 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
RE: Northeastern streaming
(05-20-2017 01:18 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Can your athletic department please teach us and most of the other schools in our conference how to do a decent stream and production? Your school is always top notch in this department.

I turned off the Towson stream and am listening to the UNCW audio broadcast while I have the JMU Northeastern game on mute because the Towson broadcast was terrible

Kudos

Here's the thing solohawks, its all about how much money and importance an athletic department/communications puts into it.

NU has a good broadcast communications program and since we jojned the league, they've made online broadcasting a priority for students, alums but most importantly recruiting and for the families of the players to watch games.

One thing that peeves me about UNCW and W&M's baseball braodcasts, no center field camera shot. Hate the behind-the-plate view. You can't see balls and strikes.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2017 05:29 PM by geewizNU.)
05-20-2017 05:06 PM
tke75hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: uncw
There will be more cameras at the caa tournament

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app
05-20-2017 05:14 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(05-20-2017 05:14 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  There will be more cameras at the caa tournament

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app

I figured there would be.

I recall the last few times the tourney was at your place they had multiple cameras.
05-20-2017 05:30 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

NU has been streaming all sporting events before many schools started doing it at all. Since 2011 when we decided to make all games free for all sports, the number of viewers has gone up and the the technical side to the broadcast has improved with it. Basically we've had a lot of practice.

Also have a culture of great student broadcasters making their way up the ranks in the student media organization WRBB. A few of them in recent years have gone on to do great things in broadcasting, winning national awards and even getting to do play by play on nationally broadcast major sporting events.
05-21-2017 08:12 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

Northeastern streaming
(05-21-2017 08:12 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  Also have a culture of great student broadcasters making their way up the ranks in the student media organization WRBB. A few of them in recent years have gone on to do great things in broadcasting, winning national awards and even getting to do play by play on nationally broadcast major sporting events.

Yep, and another Alex Faust, former NU hoops play-by-play announcer was named the new voice of the LA Kings!

Congrats Alex! Go Brooklyn!

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/alex-faus...-289710944

Note: If anyone click on this link hit NHL.com under the EBay ad. I don't know why the link has advertisements
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 11:17 PM by geewizNU.)
06-03-2017 11:01 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

That's the main person I had in mind while writing that, congrats Alex!
06-05-2017 06:38 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(06-05-2017 06:38 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  That's the main person I had in mind while writing that, congrats Alex!

Long before him was former Red Sox and current Padres play-by-play announcer Don Orsillo, who I went to school with and later worked along with.

Before Don there is current Colorado Avalanche play-by-play man Mike Haynes.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 11:06 PM by geewizNU.)
06-05-2017 11:06 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

(06-05-2017 11:06 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 06:38 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  That's the main person I had in mind while writing that, congrats Alex!

Long before him was former Red Sox and current Padres play-by-play announcer Don Orsillo, who I went to school with and later worked along with.

Before Don there is current Colorado Avalanche play-by-play man Mike Haynes.

Oh wow, had no idea those guys were Huskies, thats awesome. I liked Orsillo in Boston.
06-06-2017 11:15 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
Looks like the streaming might be better this year. The conference just announced a new CAA.TV app. If you have ROKU, Android TV. Apple TV or Amazon Fire (or an Amazon fire stick) you just install the free app on whichever platform you have and the games get streamed right to your big screen TV via wireless. It uses Stretchinternet...the same outfit that NU has been using for years. I'm looking at a Drexel woman's soccer game on the big screen and the quality is great.
08-21-2017 07:09 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

CAA.TV has been on roku for a year or two now but I think they are expanding it this season. What's awesome is you can also watch NU hockey games on the app too!
08-25-2017 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.