Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(08-21-2017 08:00 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Looks like Coutinho will be staying. Turns out, Barcelona's third bid was nonsense. It could (keyword: could) have reached 125 million pounds in the event that Coutinho became the best player in the world. Otherwise, it was only worth around 80 million, with very little of it being up front. I've read Barcelona still owes money for Suarez.

Now if only we can sign a CB before the end of the window.

Honestly dont think a CB helps you defensively that much over the course of a season. Your problems the last year or so have stemmed from the CB's being put on an island by fullbacks out of position and your midfield protection being drawn out to press further up the field.

WTS, you have given up some set piece goals this year that perhaps you shouldnt have, however that is a small sample size and should be fixed in training more than adding to the squad.

Also, I cannot believe yall are going into another season with Mignolet as your number 1. That is malpractice by your board.

He loses you 3-9 points a season and that could be the difference this season between competing for the title and battling for 4th or 5th based on how good the top 7 is this year.

Of course, Spurs have Lloris and it could be said he lost us a point on Sunday.
08-21-2017 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(08-21-2017 07:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 12:05 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 11:06 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Swansea likely to sign Sam Clucas from Hull in the next couple days. First of the Siggurdson replacements.

Is that considered a good signing? Swans played relatively decent for about 80 minutes Saturday and then the flood gates opened and they got ran out of their own stadium.

Swans fans hate any person signed by Huw Jenkins as a general rule.

It's an okay signing. He doesn't play Siggy's position, but provides serious depth in the midfield, and should be able to start pretty regularly here. Provided we bring in an attacking mid/winger and another striker before the window shuts of course.

Clucas is a fine signing. However, if you dont find someway to replace Siggy(TBH itll need to be a few players) he will be a good piece in the Championship next year.

I am rooting for Swansea, however Jason Levien is the kiss of death anywhere he goes.
08-21-2017 10:38 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(08-21-2017 08:00 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Looks like Coutinho will be staying. Turns out, Barcelona's third bid was nonsense. It could (keyword: could) have reached 125 million pounds in the event that Coutinho became the best player in the world. Otherwise, it was only worth around 80 million, with very little of it being up front. I've read Barcelona still owes money for Suarez.

Kudos to your board for hanging tough with Coutinho.

If we had held tough one more season with Modric, we couldve won the 2 titles with him and Bale. Instead, we sold him off to Real and Bale followed not long after.
08-21-2017 10:39 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
Modric is the best player Spurs has had since Gazza in his heyday. Best player on a team that had Bale and van der Vaart. We've never fully replaced him. Even now with Dembele, he's good....but he isnt Luka Modric.

Dele Alli can be just as good but hes not there just yet. He can't take over a game in the middle of the park like Luka could.
08-21-2017 10:42 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(08-21-2017 10:36 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

Honestly dont think a CB helps you defensively that much over the course of a season. Your problems the last year or so have stemmed from the CB's being put on an island by fullbacks out of position and your midfield protection being drawn out to press further up the field.

WTS, you have given up some set piece goals this year that perhaps you shouldnt have, however that is a small sample size and should be fixed in training more than adding to the squad.

Also, I cannot believe yall are going into another season with Mignolet as your number 1. That is malpractice by your board.

He loses you 3-9 points a season and that could be the difference this season between competing for the title and battling for 4th or 5th based on how good the top 7 is this year.

Of course, Spurs have Lloris and it could be said he lost us a point on Sunday.

It wasn't his fault that Wanyama couldn't keep a ball on his foot all day.
08-22-2017 08:00 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(08-21-2017 10:42 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Modric is the best player Spurs has had since Gazza in his heyday. Best player on a team that had Bale and van der Vaart. We've never fully replaced him. Even now with Dembele, he's good....but he isnt Luka Modric.

Dele Alli can be just as good but hes not there just yet. He can't take over a game in the middle of the park like Luka could.

It is insane to think that with Bale, Modric, VdV, and others, the best Spurs could do back then was 4th in the league once. The EPL was absolutely stacked in the mid to late 00's.
08-22-2017 08:04 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-21-2017 10:38 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 07:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 12:05 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 11:06 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Swansea likely to sign Sam Clucas from Hull in the next couple days. First of the Siggurdson replacements.

Is that considered a good signing? Swans played relatively decent for about 80 minutes Saturday and then the flood gates opened and they got ran out of their own stadium.

Swans fans hate any person signed by Huw Jenkins as a general rule.

It's an okay signing. He doesn't play Siggy's position, but provides serious depth in the midfield, and should be able to start pretty regularly here. Provided we bring in an attacking mid/winger and another striker before the window shuts of course.

Clucas is a fine signing. However, if you dont find someway to replace Siggy(TBH itll need to be a few players) he will be a good piece in the Championship next year.

I am rooting for Swansea, however Jason Levien is the kiss of death anywhere he goes.

It's not really about replacing Siggy, it's about filling the holes within the squad. Siggy's primary value to Swansea was on set pieces and his ability to make inch perfect passes. We need to find a person who can play both wing/Attacking midfield and another striker, plus a right back.
08-22-2017 10:54 AM
DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Wolves onto the third round of the League Cup, take down Soton 2-0
08-23-2017 03:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(08-23-2017 03:39 PM)DowdyPirate2 Wrote:  Wolves onto the third round of the League Cup, take down Soton 2-0

Southampton, Watford, and Newcastle all out already. Newcastle has lost 3 straight to start the season.
08-23-2017 11:12 PM
chiefsfan Offline

League Cup 3rd Round Draw 4 All Premier League affairs

Bournemouth vs Brighton and Hove Albion
Spurs vs Barnsley/Derby County winner
Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town
West Ham vs Bolton Wanderers
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forrest
Aston Villa vs Middlesborough
Reading vs Swansea City
Bristol City vs Stoke City
Arsenal vs Doncaster Rovers
Burnley vs Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Bristol Rovers
Brentford vs Norwich City
Manchester United vs Burton Albion
Leicester City vs Liverpool
Everton vs Sunderland
West Brom vs Manchester City
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 11:24 PM by chiefsfan.)
08-23-2017 11:24 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(08-23-2017 11:12 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 03:39 PM)DowdyPirate2 Wrote:  Wolves onto the third round of the League Cup, take down Soton 2-0

Southampton, Watford, and Newcastle all out already. Newcastle has lost 3 straight to start the season.

The crazy thing is Soton went in with their first team (outside of a few rest subs). That was a great result for Wolves, and they're off and running in the Championship too. Dowdy might be a happy camper come May.

My hope is to see Leeds, Forest, and Wolves back up after this year. I would love to see some history injected in through the Championship again.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 10:12 AM by BearcatMan.)
08-24-2017 10:11 AM
DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(08-24-2017 10:11 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

The crazy thing is Soton went in with their first team (outside of a few rest subs). That was a great result for Wolves, and they're off and running in the Championship too. Dowdy might be a happy camper come May.

My hope is to see Leeds, Forest, and Wolves back up after this year. I would love to see some history injected in through the Championship again.

Yes an amazing result for Wolves, nobody that was in the squad for Wolves yesterday has started a league game for Wolves this season.

Leeds and forest should both be in or around the playoffs, but I think Leeds is probably the better bet on being in.
08-24-2017 10:38 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Beautiful draw for Liverpool.

As for Spurs..

08-24-2017 12:09 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Group Stage:

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, FC Basel, CSKA Moscow.

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic.

Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, FK Qarabag.

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting CP.

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, NK Maribor.

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord.

Group G: Monaco, FC Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig.

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL Nicosia.
08-24-2017 12:31 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Man United, Liverpool, and Man City all got very good draws. Chelsea's is difficult. Spurs...well, the Europa League is kind of nice this time of year.

Also...poor Celtic. They never get a break in the Group Stage draws.
08-24-2017 02:50 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(08-24-2017 02:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Man United, Liverpool, and Man City all got very good draws. Chelsea's is difficult. Spurs...well, the Europa League is kind of nice this time of year.

Also...poor Celtic. They never get a break in the Group Stage draws.

No we ******* don't...03-lmfao.
08-24-2017 06:11 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
Never know what can happen in the CL. Dembele going to Barca helps. At least we get awesome games this year.
08-24-2017 06:16 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC

My hope is to see Leeds, Derby County, and Wolves back up after this year. I would love to see some history injected in through the Championship again.

That looks better.
08-24-2017 06:18 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(08-24-2017 06:18 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  

My hope is to see Leeds, Derby County, and Wolves back up after this year. I would love to see some history injected in through the Championship again.

That looks better.

Touché...although, it would be great to see a team with a history like Forest's to finally get out from under the "only club to win the CL and be in the second division" mantle.
08-24-2017 07:06 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(08-24-2017 06:16 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Never know what can happen in the CL. Dembele going to Barca helps. At least we get awesome games this year.

Dortmund doesn't need Dembele, they have Pulisic.
08-25-2017 02:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.