Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

John & John. Could afternoon radio get worse?
Bookmark and Share
M_Tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
John & John. Could afternoon radio get worse?
I agree about Martin. He's a goofball. Tries to sound cool talking hip, but he's really not worth listening to. I really like Jason, but I just can't...tried. Have to stream something else at that time.
03-24-2017 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

RE: John & John. Could afternoon radio get worse?
(03-20-2017 05:31 PM)TubbyBall Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 02:36 PM)Tiger17 Wrote:  Jason Smith is great. He and Roser would be a good match.

Absolutely disagree. Roser is borderline awful. Everything he says a laugh follows even if there's nothing funny about it. Then there's the Next Story yelling crap. Roser is a poor poor poor man wannabe Chris Vernon that completely fails

04-cheers
03-25-2017 09:39 AM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

(03-22-2017 01:24 PM)memtgr Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 10:54 AM)gavinjernigan22 Wrote:  Hell, I can barely listen to Hasseltine. I enjoy Jason and John's show.

I agree with this guy. They are funny.

Hasseltine is a great play by play guy, but his radio show is the pits.
03-25-2017 09:39 AM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

There isn't a show on 92.9 that's interesting or entertaining enough to spark my interest. Smith & Martin couldn't hold Vernon's jock strap (no comparison) Neither has a voice for radio and each one is too damn biased and opinionated. Vernon's show was the best! If the idiots who make the decisions think Sleepy & Goofy's show is a replacement for Vernon, they are sadly mistaken. Memphis Sports radio is dead!
03-25-2017 09:48 AM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

(03-25-2017 09:48 AM)Ttaylor Wrote:  There isn't a show on 92.9 that's interesting or entertaining enough to spark my interest. Smith & Martin couldn't hold Vernon's jock strap (no comparison) Neither has a voice for radio and each one is too damn biased and opinionated. Vernon's show was the best! If the idiots who make the decisions think Sleepy & Goofy's show is a replacement for Vernon, they are sadly mistaken. Memphis Sports radio is dead!

Let's face all of the local sports radio sucks now. The hosts all either stray off topic too much or are too busy stroking their massive egos.
03-25-2017 11:24 AM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(03-25-2017 11:24 AM)VinnieVegas Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 09:48 AM)Ttaylor Wrote:  There isn't a show on 92.9 that's interesting or entertaining enough to spark my interest. Smith & Martin couldn't hold Vernon's jock strap (no comparison) Neither has a voice for radio and each one is too damn biased and opinionated. Vernon's show was the best! If the idiots who make the decisions think Sleepy & Goofy's show is a replacement for Vernon, they are sadly mistaken. Memphis Sports radio is dead!

Let's face all of the local sports radio sucks now. The hosts all either stray off topic too much or are too busy stroking their massive egos.

Right on the money...locally here in Memphis all the shows SUCK! I don't listen to any of them. 03-puke
03-25-2017 12:30 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

Yep but Vernon fell into this category imo too
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 03:17 PM by MemphisFan95.)
03-25-2017 01:41 PM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

(03-25-2017 01:41 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  

Yep but Vernon feel into this category imo too

Vernon was the best of the worst. But he had some good guests. They seem to run out of things to talk about. That's why they bring each other on as guests.
03-25-2017 01:56 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(03-25-2017 01:56 PM)VinnieVegas Wrote:  

Vernon was the best of the worst. But he had some good guests. They seem to run out of things to talk about. That's why they bring each other on as guests.

They sure do run out of discussion topics and bring each other on as guests. How annoying is that? Whoever is over programming needs a replacement?
03-25-2017 02:34 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(03-25-2017 02:34 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  

They sure do run out of discussion topics and bring each other on as guests. How annoying is that? Whoever is over programming needs a replacement?

Doubt that happens considering it's Gary's producer
03-25-2017 03:13 PM
Ttaylor Offline
Banned

(03-25-2017 03:13 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 02:34 PM)Ttaylor Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 11:24 AM)VinnieVegas Wrote:  Let's face all of the local sports radio sucks now. The hosts all either stray off topic too much or are too busy stroking their massive egos.

Doubt that happens considering it's Gary's producer

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
03-25-2017 09:21 PM
Tiger17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
At RE: John & John. Could afternoon radio get worse?
(03-21-2017 12:29 PM)Great Scott Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 11:57 AM)TwoTimeTiger Wrote:  Does Rainman still bring the vet for doggie call ins?

That guy is Rainman's vet. This is what John does. He goes to a business for a transaction - in this case animal services. Runs up a large bill and its time to pay up. Then he turns on the Rainman charm - you have a great business, do you do any advertising? No? Well I have been a successful radio talk show host for over 20 years blah blah blah. He then "trades" the vet bill for advertising time.
03-30-2017 01:59 PM
Tiger17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I just heard the podcast because I wanted to hear what was said. John Martin didn't "blow me off". He jumped in my face outta no where and said something douchery because of my work uniform. I wanted to throw him through the wall but basically walked away. My partner and I dropped in to the Rec Room because it was a 92.9 event.
03-30-2017 02:15 PM
Whale of a Guy Offline
Banned

I haven't listened to 92.9 since it became a left wing political rant station. I listen to Sirius and haven't missed anything but Easterwood.
03-30-2017 03:09 PM
Linemech Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(03-30-2017 03:09 PM)Whale of a Guy Wrote:  I haven't listened to 92.9 since it became a left wing political rant station. I listen to Sirius and haven't missed anything but Easterwood.

Haven't missed much, Easterwood hasn't been on. (Probably the most enjoyable part of that time slot) Strange but it seems like the best show on 92.9 now (besides Mike and Mike) is Caulkins. Jason and John need to figure out what their show is (Jason is pretty good, John is Parrish lite), Hasseltine isn't bad. Parrish can have decent segments but he just comes off kind of arrogant and condescending (not to mention the politics).
04-03-2017 10:46 AM
TubbyBall Offline
2nd String

(04-03-2017 10:46 AM)Linemech Wrote:  
(03-30-2017 03:09 PM)Whale of a Guy Wrote:  I haven't listened to 92.9 since it became a left wing political rant station. I listen to Sirius and haven't missed anything but Easterwood.

Haven't missed much, Easterwood hasn't been on. (Probably the most enjoyable part of that time slot) Strange but it seems like the best show on 92.9 now (besides Mike and Mike) is Caulkins. Jason and John need to figure out what their show is (Jason is pretty good, John is Parrish lite), Hasseltine isn't bad. Parrish can have decent segments but he just comes off kind of arrogant and condescending (not to mention the politics).

I agree you haven't missed much. No offense to eassterwood but he was offering nothing either. Same ol same ol. Mostly talking about women, drinking, and paying players. Nothing else to add. The product on the radio is hurting. Some of this is because Memphis basketball hasn't given them much to talk about
04-03-2017 12:25 PM
selleg1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(03-20-2017 03:00 PM)Tiger17 Wrote:  Hasseltine's fake tough guy approach doesn't play either

He sounds look a surfer/clown calling everyone "dude and bro".
04-03-2017 03:38 PM
tigersgrizzfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigersgrizz
Hasseltine is the worse out of the bunch.... and i only listen to him call the grizz if it's my only option

he sounds like somebody is holding his nose when he talks....his voice should be no where near a microphone......Seems like a cool guy though

i like Jason and John way better than Vernon. Vernon doesn't seem to know when a joke has run it's course those songs were awful. I don't miss the Chris Vernon shhheeeroowww... ughhh..

GP's show is what is it's.... He's doing something right. The best parts are when calkins and Easterwood (come back please) are on.

and somebody tell him that "that's what she said" jokes were payed out 20 years ago

When he's doing his talking head thing, answering questions about NCAA baseball he's great.
04-03-2017 04:52 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(04-03-2017 12:25 PM)TubbyBall Wrote:  

I agree you haven't missed much. No offense to eassterwood but he was offering nothing either. Same ol same ol. Mostly talking about women, drinking, and paying players. Nothing else to add. The product on the radio is hurting. Some of this is because Memphis basketball hasn't given them much to talk about

You should line up some sponsors and get your own show
04-04-2017 08:58 AM
TubbyBall Offline
2nd String

(04-04-2017 08:58 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:25 PM)TubbyBall Wrote:  

You should line up some sponsors and get your own show

Why01-wingedeagle so because I think my afternoon drive is pretty weak when it comes sports talk, I should line up my own show. ?

Bud I make more than talk radio. I could care less to do it for a living. Stop ur butt hurt ?
04-04-2017 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.