Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Keatts replacement
Bookmark and Share
bricksnivy Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Keatts replacement
Siddle has removed his name from consideration and will join Keatts at NC State.
03-25-2017 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-25-2017 08:22 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Siddle has removed his name from consideration and will join Keatts at NC State.
That's not good at all
03-25-2017 09:30 PM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(03-25-2017 09:30 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 08:22 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Siddle has removed his name from consideration and will join Keatts at NC State.
That's not good at all

He was unlikely to stay on as an assistant anyway, so I don' t think it's a huge deal. I wonder if he knows, or has seen the writing on the wall, that he's not the guy. He was Keatts' top guy, so I assume he had a standing offer on his staff. What changed today?

Supposedly, Duquense is King Rice's job to turn down. His name has also been tossed around for UD.

Although it's only been a week, it feels like we're losing out. Without knowing Bass' intentions, there's no way to know if that is the case, but that is my (anxious) perception.

Hire Moton and call it a success.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 10:14 PM by bricksnivy.)
03-25-2017 10:13 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
I actually think that the guy who managed to hire Kevin Keatts probably has this well in hand, and I'd bet anyone here a dollar that we have a new coach by the end of this week.
03-26-2017 04:43 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Keatts replacement

The part that most concerns me about this is the future of Bryce and Cacock.
03-26-2017 05:53 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Shuts the door on the Keatts era.

Also, I can't find this in the news anywhere.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2017 07:34 AM by 82hawk.)
03-26-2017 07:29 AM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
I have a lot of faith in Bass, and I like the way he is handling it. We do not want to be in a position like Duquesne where apparently two or three people have turned them down.As stated, Siddle leaving may be an indication we are closer to a decision and he obviously was not the choice. Rice to Dayton seems unlikely, those people feel anyone less than Wooden is beneath them.
03-26-2017 07:31 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(03-26-2017 07:29 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Also, I can't find this in the news anywhere.

Evan Daniels reported it. Alex Riley said, "If this is true, it takes a name off the board." Uh, thanks captain obvious.

Pack Pride moderators are also reporting it.
03-26-2017 07:59 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(03-26-2017 07:31 AM)herdfifteen Wrote:  I have a lot of faith in Bass, and I like the way he is handling it. We do not want to be in a position like Duquesne where apparently two or three people have turned them down.As stated, Siddle leaving may be an indication we are closer to a decision and he obviously was not the choice. Rice to Dayton seems unlikely, those people feel anyone less than Wooden is beneath them.

Has Rice turned down Duquesne?

If Christian is out, as Mull suggested, I'm still very interested in Moton and Rice. We've mentioned, I'd guess, 15 names in this thread. I'd bet money it's somebody we haven't thought of.
03-26-2017 08:01 AM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(03-26-2017 08:01 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(03-26-2017 07:31 AM)herdfifteen Wrote:  I have a lot of faith in Bass, and I like the way he is handling it. We do not want to be in a position like Duquesne where apparently two or three people have turned them down.As stated, Siddle leaving may be an indication we are closer to a decision and he obviously was not the choice. Rice to Dayton seems unlikely, those people feel anyone less than Wooden is beneath them.

Has Rice turned down Duquesne?

If Christian is out, as Mull suggested, I'm still very interested in Moton and Rice. We've mentioned, I'd guess, 15 names in this thread. I'd bet money it's somebody we haven't thought of.

Rice was not one of those reportedly saying no to Duquesne, his name had not been mentioned as a candidate at that time.
03-26-2017 08:08 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Keatts replacement
Joel Justus?
03-26-2017 05:58 PM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

Thought crossed my mind tonight. With them losing to Carolina tonight, we should know soon if he's the guy. Just seems to be something delay a decision/announcement.
03-26-2017 07:01 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Keatts replacement
(03-26-2017 07:01 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Thought crossed my mind tonight. With them losing to Carolina tonight, we should know soon if he's the guy. Just seems to be something delay a decision/announcement.

Agree. The lack of news makes me feel like we're either lacking in coaches applying and/or we've heard a few "No thanks" that aren't being publicized.
03-26-2017 07:15 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

R-E-L-A-X. Maybe it's just taking a little time to finalize a contract.
03-26-2017 07:51 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Jimmy let Buzz go because he had Keatts lined up for the job, so it seemed like it went quickly, but it actually didn't(at least not as quickly as we want. Keatts had not yet been hired by this time last year). Don't forget, he was coaching a national championship game and wasn't hired until after the game. It may very well be that our next coach is still coaching, or had to coach this past weekend, thus we have to wait.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 04:46 AM by 82hawk.)
03-27-2017 04:32 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(03-27-2017 04:32 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Jimmy let Buzz go because he had Keatts lined up for the job, so it seemed like it went quickly, but it actually didn't(at least not as quickly as we want. Keatts had not yet been hired by this time last year). Don't forget, he was coaching a national championship game and wasn't hired until after the game. It may very well be that our next coach is still coaching, or had to coach this past weekend, thus we have to wait.

Entire process took three weeks last time. Joel is a smart guy and has been around college athletics all of his life. I don't think he's seriously being considered, but he'll probably get a chance somewhere down the line (and be prepared to be successful).

Hubert has also been mentioned, so if it drags out this week, it may point to an assistant that is in the FF.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 07:44 AM by bricksnivy.)
03-27-2017 07:43 AM
getmhawks Offline
2nd String

(03-27-2017 07:43 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(03-27-2017 04:32 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Jimmy let Buzz go because he had Keatts lined up for the job, so it seemed like it went quickly, but it actually didn't(at least not as quickly as we want. Keatts had not yet been hired by this time last year). Don't forget, he was coaching a national championship game and wasn't hired until after the game. It may very well be that our next coach is still coaching, or had to coach this past weekend, thus we have to wait.

Entire process took three weeks last time. Joel is a smart guy and has been around college athletics all of his life. I don't think he's seriously being considered, but he'll probably get a chance somewhere down the line (and be prepared to be successful).

Hubert has also been mentioned, so if it drags out this week, it may point to an assistant that is in the FF.

I think you're right.
03-27-2017 08:15 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(03-27-2017 08:15 AM)getmhawks Wrote:  

I think you're right.

If that is the case, it would likely be an assistant from Carolina or South Carolina. I can't envision hiring a West Coast guy. I don't know SCar's staff at all; Hubert would be the most likely possibility from Carolina. I suppose McGrath could be an option as well.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 08:20 AM by bricksnivy.)
03-27-2017 08:18 AM
Dash Rip Rock Jr Offline
Bench Warmer

10 - 4
03-27-2017 08:27 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-27-2017 08:18 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(03-27-2017 08:15 AM)getmhawks Wrote:  

I think you're right.

If that is the case, it would likely be an assistant from Carolina or South Carolina. I can't envision hiring a West Coast guy. I don't know SCar's staff at all; Hubert would be the most likely possibility from Carolina. I suppose McGrath could be an option as well.

it would be painful to me if that's our #1.
03-27-2017 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.