Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Slam Dunk and Three Point Contest
Bookmark and Share
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
College Slam Dunk and Three Point Contest
Hey guys I am working with Intersport (who owns the contest) through my Sports Marketing class here at GCU with selling tickets for the event. So, if there are any of you that are interested in getting tickets for the State Farm College Slam Dunk and Three Point Contest, I have a code that allows you to get them at pre-sale price even though the pre-sale is over.
03-02-2017 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
RE: College Slam Dunk and Three Point Contest
Where is the event at?
03-02-2017 09:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

The event is at the GCU arena
03-02-2017 09:48 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Wanna hook me up with them courtside seats, doe? Haha. But seriously, how did we not get Frayer in on the Dunk contest. I could see him doing way better on that side than DeWayne in the 3pt contest.

I love DeWayne, but he's below .400 3PT shooting on the season. He isn't even the best 3pt shooter on his own team, by volume or %, let alone in the NCAA. It will be a nice spotlight for Russell, but would love to see Frayer fly, too.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 11:00 PM by gleadley.)
03-02-2017 10:51 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

We can't get Oscar in the contest because the NCAA will only let players who have ended their NCAA careers participate and I think courtside seats are reserved for all the corporate sponsors.
03-02-2017 11:53 PM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

Didn't realize it was all kids who were done playing. Interesting. Thanks, man
03-03-2017 05:00 AM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

(03-03-2017 05:00 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Didn't realize it was all kids who were done playing. Interesting. Thanks, man

I didn't realize it either, but we actually had one of the guys from InterSport come talk to us about the contest in our Sports Marketing class and that's how I found out. IT's also the reason the only player officially entered in any of the contests is DeWayne.
03-03-2017 09:39 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-03-2017 09:39 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 05:00 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Didn't realize it was all kids who were done playing. Interesting. Thanks, man

I didn't realize it either, but we actually had one of the guys from InterSport come talk to us about the contest in our Sports Marketing class and that's how I found out. IT's also the reason the only player officially entered in any of the contests is DeWayne.

Makes sense. DeWayne KNOWS he is done and won't be dancing. I'm guessing most other potential competitors hope to still be playing in the tournament at that point.

Am I correct in assuming we will see spots filled as teams are knocked out of NCAA/NIT competition? And since it's guys who are done with playing, does that mean they can be compensated for participation? I wouldn't be working for free! Haha
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 10:48 PM by gleadley.)
03-03-2017 10:45 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

(03-03-2017 10:45 PM)gleadley Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:39 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  

Makes sense. DeWayne KNOWS he is done and won't be dancing. I'm guessing most other potential competitors hope to still be playing in the tournament at that point.

Am I correct in assuming we will see spots filled as teams are knocked out of NCAA/NIT competition? And since it's guys who are done with playing, does that mean they can be compensated for participation? I wouldn't be working for free! Haha

You know I didn't ask if they get paid for it, but would think not because of all the national tv exposure.
03-04-2017 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.