WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First trip to Tigers spring training
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
First trip to Tigers spring training
I'll be heading to Lakeland and Tampa next month for Tiger-Jays & Tigers-Wankers. Any advice on the experience from any spring training vets out there? Favorite spots in Lakeland and Tampa. Heading out with my childhood friend who happens to be wheelchair mobile so ADA accessible is a must. We've been talking about one day going to spring training for about 30 years. Thanks
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 11:10 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
02-18-2017 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: First trip to Tigers spring training
(02-18-2017 11:09 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  I'll be heading to Lakeland and Tampa next month for Tiger-Jays & Tigers-Wankers. Any advice on the experience from any spring training vets out there? Favorite spots in Lakeland and Tampa. Heading out with my childhood friend who happens to be wheelchair mobile so ADA accessible is a must. We've been talking about one day going to spring training for about 30 years. Thanks

I don't have a ton of experience, but have been to a couple tigers spring games and loved the experience. It is a different but real cool environment. We got real close to the players, and they are way more inclined to chat with fans in the stands; even during a game between innings. We had seats both times along third base line slightly into the outfield, which we bought the day of the game, and liked our location. Joker Marchant stadium just got a remodel I think. It was kind of a dated looking design though, but still good place to see baseball.
02-19-2017 08:32 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I've been to a few Padres/Mariners Spring Training games in Arizona. It is crazy how big Spring Training is down there.

Fun, but it is more like a minor league game. You will like it though.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017 01:25 PM by Bronco'14.)
02-19-2017 01:23 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Get there early so you have time to walk around and check it out. They recently completed some nice renovations there to improve the overall fan experience.
02-20-2017 07:56 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(02-20-2017 07:56 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Get there early so you have time to walk around and check it out. They recently completed some nice renovations there to improve the overall fan experience.

Thanks, dropped the extra $5 to get in an hour early for B.P.
02-23-2017 01:17 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Great time at Joker Marchant today. But it was obviously marred by the injury to TJ House on a come-backer to the mound. He lay there for over 10 min. Not sure what took the ambulance so long to get there? BP was great, weather phenomenal, crowd great. Talked to a bunch of Canadians, Jays fans/snowbirds. Actually went to the ballpark last night as soon as we got into Lakeland. Nobody around except maintenance people and someone left a gate open so I walked right in. Am in Tampa now for tomorrow's game against the Wankers.
03-11-2017 01:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.