NCAA Approves Liberty to FBS
Bookmark and Share
Bronco85 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: COI, BSU
RE: NCAA Approves Liberty to FBS
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?...950&TeamID

[/quote]

Congratulations Liberty fans. I expect good things soon as you clearly have the budgets, facilities, fan base, and institutional commitment to be successful sooner than later. Maybe our teams will meet soon down the road. I wish your move to the independent ranks, along with NMSU, would have inspired our former in-state rival to give independence in FBS another go, but I am happy for you guys.
[/quote]

It's too bad that as soon as Idaho gets competitive, they have to move down. Such is politics. Hopefully one day Liberty and Boise State can meet on the field!
[/quote]

The Vandals have a favorable schedule and enough returning talent (and coaching) that I expect them to be bowling after this season. The sad part for them is their administration has no idea how to make up for the lost FBS revenues and their athletic department is likely to take significant cuts in sports and staff as their deficit grows. Rather than be an example for "responsible fiscal restraint" they have become exhibit A as to why FCS is financially difficult to impossible to maintain for public schools with small fanbases while FBS football can be maintained and be somewhat competitive at the FBS level even without a significant donor base (and largely fund an athletic department).

As to playing Liberty, BSU has already shown they will schedule LU. The teams played while both schools were D1AA in 1991 and 1994. Both games were victories for the Broncos (35-15 and 35-7) 02-13-banana so you guys deserve a chance for payback. For some reason, both games were in Boise so a game in Lynchburg is overdue.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 11:19 AM by Bronco85.)
03-02-2017 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voss749 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FAU
RE: NCAA Approves Liberty to FBS
(02-16-2017 10:40 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I assume BSC will allow other LU sports to stay. There are really only four options.

1. BSC
2. A-Sun
3. Southern
4. Independence

Atlantic might be a good choice. You would get regular games against
basketball mini-monster Florida Gulf Coast (aka Dunk City)
04-08-2017 11:58 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
NCAA Approves Liberty to FBS
I feel pretty certain the Big South will continue its relationship with LU. We'd have heard grumbling by now if not. I think the BSC values LU's other sports and wants to keep them. LU has been a good partner for the BSC anyway.

If they wouldn't lose an auto bid the BSC and Atlantic Sun would be a PERFECT combination for merger. Just the right number of teams and added competition.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 11:42 PM by army56mike.)
04-11-2017 11:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.