Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Towson
Bookmark and Share
MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Drexel
RE: Towson
I dont know if anyone caught Spiker's interview with Rob Brooks after the game. He was on fire!! He said that while there were some key individual performances, the team did not deserve to win that game. That said, I REALLY wish that Lee had put that one home. THat would have been a HUGE win for us.
02-03-2017 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-03-2017 11:03 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  I dont know if anyone caught Spiker's interview with Rob Brooks after the game. He was on fire!! He said that while there were some key individual performances, the team did not deserve to win that game. That said, I REALLY wish that Lee had put that one home. THat would have been a HUGE win for us.

I did listen to it. His tone really caught me by surprise - but in a good way. Not settling for moral victories anymore. He knows this team can win some games and he now is showing that he's expecting them to win some games. Focus on some of the deficiencies that showed throughout, falling in to a bad technical, a couple rebounding lapses, and a few baskets that came too easy of Towson.

He's an easy interview for Rob. Spiker crashes in and just starts gushing without even being asked a question. He is a high IQ coach and is so good at recognizing strengths and weaknesses of both teams.

The positives are definitely there and getting brighter.
02-03-2017 05:11 PM
bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

Without starting a new thread, congrats to Timer. Not sure if he's exactly a Hall of Famer now, but will recieve the AD's Legacy Award, along with this year's HoF inductees. Congrats, sir. Glad to see your work and dedication be recognized. Enjoy the honor.
02-03-2017 05:17 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(02-03-2017 05:17 PM)bdragon Wrote:  Without starting a new thread, congrats to Timer. Not sure if he's exactly a Hall of Famer now, but will recieve the AD's Legacy Award, along with this year's HoF inductees. Congrats, sir. Glad to see your work and dedication be recognized. Enjoy the honor.

Thank you, bdragon. The HOF induction ceremony is March 30th. So come sometime in the future you'll see my name listed on the HOF wall as one of the Class of 2017 inductees and a bio on the touch screen if anyone is so inclined.

Very surprised and honored when I got the call a couple weeks back. Humbled when I see some of the names of the people I'll be joining.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 10:55 PM by Timer.)
02-04-2017 10:47 PM
J.B. Online

And to think....
Timer is a Hall of Famer, and Brian Dawkins and TO are not. That's really something to brag about.
02-05-2017 10:33 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

some thoughts on today's game...

1. another tough loss...but towson should be a finished product by now and we're just getting started. i had thoughts about them being the next vcu with their new gym and new location of the tournament. it doesn't look like that panned out.

it's a shame in general that none of the northern can members have been able to take charge. uncw waited until i left north carolina to be great again.

2. spiker has to bring in at least 1 big time scorer because you need that type of player to win close games. lee does good things. i just worry about his height. usually i root for the little guys to do well and he does a great job of breaking down a defense with the dribble drive. it just seems hard for him to finish in the trees.

3. i keep biting my tongue before i say jonsson doesn't look like a division 1 player. he made some plays today that give me some hope. they were both drives to the basket: one he made a nice pass for a layup and another he finished himself. you can't just be a spot up shooter and honestly i haven't been that impressed with him as even that.

4. moran isn't a division 1 player.

5. have to make free throws down the stretch. we missed 2 inside 3 minutes which matters when you lost by 4. lee is a spiker guy so you can't blame it on carry over from the previous staff.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 06:03 PM by hiroshimacarp.)
02-11-2017 06:02 PM
J.B. Online

(02-11-2017 06:02 PM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  some thoughts on today's game...

1. another tough loss...but towson should be a finished product by now and we're just getting started. i had thoughts about them being the next vcu with their new gym and new location of the tournament. it doesn't look like that panned out.

it's a shame in general that none of the northern can members have been able to take charge. uncw waited until i left north carolina to be great again.

2. spiker has to bring in at least 1 big time scorer because you need that type of player to win close games. lee does good things. i just worry about his height. usually i root for the little guys to do well and he does a great job of breaking down a defense with the dribble drive. it just seems hard for him to finish in the trees.

3. i keep biting my tongue before i say jonsson doesn't look like a division 1 player. he made some plays today that give me some hope. they were both drives to the basket: one he made a nice pass for a layup and another he finished himself. you can't just be a spot up shooter and honestly i haven't been that impressed with him as even that.

4. moran isn't a division 1 player.

5. have to make free throws down the stretch. we missed 2 inside 3 minutes which matters when you lost by 4. lee is a spiker guy so you can't blame it on carry over from the previous staff.

In terms of Towson's arena, they clearly missed the boat, and the recruiting advantage you get from beautiful new digs is now over. Towson doesn't have a new arena anymore. It's just an arena. I honestly do not think that Towson has any recruiting advantage over Drexel due to where they play. New arenas are nice if you have $50-$80 million to spare. I'm hearing that Towson didn't have the money and have financial issues as a result. Therefore, any talk about Drexel spending $80 million on a big fancy place JUST to be more competitive in Men's Basketball should be thrown down the toilet.

Moran isn't a D1 player, but he's serviceable and does things well. He fills a role nicely and they need him with Overton out. Bruiser on the other hand would never recruit or play guys like Moran, and then would make non-stop excuses when the injuries kicked in about not having enough players.

Free Throws killed tonight. Gotta hand it to Towson. If they shoot an average percentage from the line and Drexel shoots better than average, then Drexel probably wins the game.
02-11-2017 06:50 PM
J.B. Online

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...lphia-home

Did you guys hear about this? John Davis, a Philly native, who was the leading scorer for Towson yesterday was shot in the leg in a drive by shooting after the game last night. Scarey news, and wishing for a speedy recovery for him.

It seemed like he had a lot of family at the game yesterday and things quickly went from celebration to horror for him and his family.
02-12-2017 04:33 PM
bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-12-2017 04:33 PM)J.B. Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...lphia-home

Did you guys hear about this? John Davis, a Philly native, who was the leading scorer for Towson yesterday was shot in the leg in a drive by shooting after the game last night. Scarey news, and wishing for a speedy recovery for him.

It seemed like he had a lot of family at the game yesterday and things quickly went from celebration to horror for him and his family.

Wow, did not see this prior to jb's post. That is scary and just bizarre. Best wishes to John for a quick recovery.
02-12-2017 07:22 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Hopefully he recovers quickly for sure
02-13-2017 12:15 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Unfortunately his season and college career is now over as a result of the wound. That's a bad blow for Towson coming down the stretch.
02-15-2017 07:16 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Hopefully he can play euro ball and bounce back soon!
02-15-2017 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.