Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 Zips Football
Bookmark and Share
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron Zips
2015 Zips Football
Soph. QB Tommy Woodson had a good game vs. Savannah State 9/19 in place of injured Kyle Pohl and therefore got the start vs. ULL on 9/26. TW ran for 93 and passed for 238 and 2 TD's. The Zips connected on some quick-hit timing routes and slants for big plays. The defense was good and had plenty of rest with the offense controlling the ball.

The Zips are slight underdogs to OU in Akron but are mostly healthy. After the Tra'von Chapman fascination failed to pan out in the early season, it looks like the Zips are now settling in with the dual-threat Woodson, with Pohl back from his head injury and ready to step in as needed. Again, the game will hinge on the play at QB and receivers being able to make big catches. TW will have to avoid too many INT's which plagued him last season, including at OU as a frosh. If they give him too many progressions it could be trouble; if they stick with the quick timing passes to beat the rush we should be OK. I look for the Zips to continue to try to spread the field with Woodson throwing downfield and peeling off a few nice runs (he is not easy to bring down). It will be interesting to see how Solich attacks defensively.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 10:42 AM by Zipfanatik.)
09-28-2015 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

RE: 2015 Zips Football
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 08:02 AM by Zipfanatik.)
09-29-2015 07:56 AM
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

RE: 2015 Zips Football
09-29-2015 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.