Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL/Fantasy Football Discussion
Bookmark and Share
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: NFL/Fantasy Football Discussion
(01-15-2018 09:01 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Am I the only one that feels like Jacksonville has a shot? Going into next week, I think the AFC Championship will be much more competitive than the NFC game. Minnesota is going to the Super Bowl!

I'm not overlooking the Jags at all, but i do find it unlikely that offense can replicate what it did yesterday.
01-15-2018 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(01-15-2018 09:01 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Am I the only one that feels like Jacksonville has a shot? Going into next week, I think the AFC Championship will be much more competitive than the NFC game. Minnesota is going to the Super Bowl!

I agree. I think their defense gives them a decent chance. Minnesota is gonna be a big time threat to either of them too. Gonna be a fun two more rounds!

Yesterday's football games were the best all season, IMO. Just a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully that continues.

Jags vs the Refs! Let's go Jags!!!!
01-15-2018 10:55 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 09:16 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I'm not overlooking the Jags at all, but i do find it unlikely that offense can replicate what it did yesterday.

Their defense should show up better than it did against Pittsburgh, however. If anyone has the blueprint to beating the Pats, it's Tom Coughlin.

Problem is, even Tony Romo pointed out like 3-4 times where blatant calls went in the Pats' way against the Titans. No one cared, because it was such a blowout, but these were super obvious:

1. Missed facemask that would have put Tenn in FG range.

2. Missed OPI call on a Gronk big grain.

3. BS OPI call on Decker that would have extended a Tenn drive into Pats territory.

4. Missed holding call on Pats RT which resulted in a big running gain.

5. Long-ass 1 second on the clock that almost gave pats 3 points.

It'll get awfully frustrating watching several Leonard Fournette first down runs get called back for bogus holding calls, while NE's offensive line gets away with murder.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 12:10 PM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
01-15-2018 12:07 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 12:07 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 09:16 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I'm not overlooking the Jags at all, but i do find it unlikely that offense can replicate what it did yesterday.

Their defense should show up better than it did against Pittsburgh, however. If anyone has the blueprint to beating the Pats, it's Tom Coughlin.

Problem is, even Tony Romo pointed out like 3-4 times where blatant calls went in the Pats' way against the Titans. No one cared, because it was such a blowout, but these were super obvious:

1. Missed facemask that would have put Tenn in FG range.

2. Missed OPI call on a Gronk big grain.

3. BS OPI call on Decker that would have extended a Tenn drive into Pats territory.

4. Missed holding call on Pats RT which resulted in a big running gain.

5. Long-ass 1 second on the clock that almost gave pats 3 points.

It'll get awfully frustrating watching several Leonard Fournette first down runs get called back for bogus holding calls, while NE's offensive line gets away with murder.
You can't have #2, and #3. Gronks was questionable and so was Decker's. If you want the one on Gronk, the one on Decker stands. IMO both should have been let go. Gronk get's mugged about every play but he gets the Lebron treatment because he plays through. And the 1 second thing, You don't get points for "almost" making a FG. Come on man, your hatred is getting in the way. That didn't matter so there is no use even bringing it up. On that list, the face mask is the only real miss. Holding happens on every single play in the NFL. Tenn was 4th in the league all year in penalties, and the only played the Pats once.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 12:55 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-15-2018 12:48 PM
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 12:48 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  You can't have #2, and #3. Gronks was questionable and so was Decker's. If you want the one on Gronk, the one on Decker stands. IMO both should have been let go. Gronk get's mugged about every play but he gets the Lebron treatment because he plays through. And the 1 second thing, You don't get points for "almost" making a FG. Come on man, your hatred is getting in the way. That didn't matter so there is no use even bringing it up. On that list, the face mask is the only real miss. Holding happens on every single play in the NFL. Tenn was 4th in the league all year in penalties, and the only played the Pats once.

Blah blah blah you have serious blinders on.
01-15-2018 01:13 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 01:13 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 12:48 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  You can't have #2, and #3. Gronks was questionable and so was Decker's. If you want the one on Gronk, the one on Decker stands. IMO both should have been let go. Gronk get's mugged about every play but he gets the Lebron treatment because he plays through. And the 1 second thing, You don't get points for "almost" making a FG. Come on man, your hatred is getting in the way. That didn't matter so there is no use even bringing it up. On that list, the face mask is the only real miss. Holding happens on every single play in the NFL. Tenn was 4th in the league all year in penalties, and the only played the Pats once.

Blah blah blah you have serious blinders on.

You sir are the one with blinders. I have ZERO problem looking at my team with an open eye. You have a problem doing the same when it deals with the pats. I agree with you the Decker call was cheap, but you can't say that wasn't and say Gronk who did almost the exact same thing was. That is the very definition of blinders.
01-15-2018 01:20 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Hoops, what is life like as a Yankees fan and a Patriots fan?

Any sense of conflict there?
01-15-2018 04:51 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 04:51 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Hoops, what is life like as a Yankees fan and a Patriots fan?

Nope. Not where i grew up. Several people are Sox/Jets, Sox/ Giants. Crazy splits were the norm as my proximity to NY City(2:45) was actually less than Boston(close to 4).

Yankees were always on WPIX growing up, it was available on standard cable. Sox, were on NESN which you had to pay extra for(we didn't). Pats were on every single Sunday. And for the record no one questioned it when i was growing up because they both stunk.
01-15-2018 05:10 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-15-2018 05:10 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 04:51 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Hoops, what is life like as a Yankees fan and a Patriots fan?

Nope. Not where i grew up. Several people are Sox/Jets, Sox/ Giants. Crazy splits were the norm as my proximity to NY City(2:45) was actually less than Boston(close to 4).

Yankees were always on WPIX growing up, it was available on standard cable. Sox, were on NESN which you had to pay extra for(we didn't). Pats were on every single Sunday. And for the record no one questioned it when i was growing up because they both stunk.

Gotcha, it just seems like a reeeeally strange contradiction of fan bases, especially given you're from the area. I know people outside of the area that usually ride the "bandwagon" top franchises of which the Patriots have belonged to for almost two decades straight now... and then there's always the Yankees. It just seemed odd, since I know you're a NY guy that you'd be a fan of any Boston team. I was just curious. I was thinking, "Okay, Syracuse... check. Yankees... check. Patriots... wtf???"
01-15-2018 07:38 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 07:38 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 05:10 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

Gotcha, it just seems like a reeeeally strange contradiction of fan bases, especially given you're from the area. I know people outside of the area that usually ride the "bandwagon" top franchises of which the Patriots have belonged to for almost two decades straight now... and then there's always the Yankees. It just seemed odd, since I know you're a NY guy that you'd be a fan of any Boston team. I was just curious. I was thinking, "Okay, Syracuse... check. Yankees... check. Patriots... wtf???"
I'm actually a Mass guy, I grew up in Ma right on the NY line. Fandom was really split in the Berkshires, even moreso then than now. Larry Legend was my idle, so growing up it was Celtics first. The Yankees were the real outlier, but i had exposure to them and loved Willie and Donny baseball. It's easy for people to say Bandwagon, but for the first 20 years of my life while i was a fan, neither won anything(pats got pummeled in 86 Sb). Unless you include the Yankees in 78 when i was 1(i don't because i wasn't old enough to know).
When it comes to college, really same thing, there was no big time college hoops in the NE except Cuse and St Johns. BC, PC, CT had their moments, but i went to B-baall camp at Cuse when i was 12, and it was diehard from then on. Playing in the carrier dome was awesome.

So it was always Cuse, Bruins(don't really care much about hockey), Celtics, Pats, Yankees
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 09:26 AM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-16-2018 09:12 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

(01-16-2018 09:12 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  It's easy for people to say Bandwagon, but for the first 20 years of my life while i was a fan, neither won anything(pats got pummeled in 86 Sb).

Yes, yes they did!
01-16-2018 10:00 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2018 10:00 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(01-16-2018 09:12 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  It's easy for people to say Bandwagon, but for the first 20 years of my life while i was a fan, neither won anything(pats got pummeled in 86 Sb).

Yes, yes they did!

"We ain't here to cause no trouble, we just here to do the super bowl shuffle" 02-13-banana
01-16-2018 10:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Meanwhile in Foxboro, Pats get a bogus Pass Interference call, and ref celebrates TD with the team:

[Image: DUGD_rjU0AA25oF.jpg]
01-21-2018 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Patriots called for 1 penalty all game. ONE. They were blatantly holding all game long, and got called for ONE damn penalty.

Meanwhile, not only did you have the bogus PI that set up NE's first TD, the refs whistled dead the Myles Jack fumble recovery when he hadn't been touched down yet.

F*ck you NFL, guess you got what you wanted.
01-21-2018 06:10 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I'm over the NFL refs and the NFL "administration" in general. It's just as corrupt as the NBA. Absolute garbage.
01-21-2018 07:49 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

First person to congratulate Brady after the win...

A ref. Literally interrupted a Jags player congratulating Brady so he could.

Look, even if it's innocent... that's just something you CAN'T do as a "non-partial" ref. You just don't. Even if it looks bad the perception is terrible.

NFL needs to get their crap in order.
01-21-2018 07:56 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2018 06:10 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Patriots called for 1 penalty all game. ONE. They were blatantly holding all game long, and got called for ONE damn penalty.

Meanwhile, not only did you have the bogus PI that set up NE's first TD, the refs whistled dead the Myles Jack fumble recovery when he hadn't been touched down yet.

F*ck you NFL, guess you got what you wanted.

Your hate is unbelievable. The dude bear hugged him while face guarding and pushed him out of bounds. Easy call

Jack grabbed the ball WHILE LAYING on the ground touching Lewis. LOL

Pats got away with a few holds, Pats offense couldn't do jack for the first 2/3 of the game so if they were holding it wasn't working
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018 10:13 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-21-2018 10:12 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2018 04:58 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Meanwhile in Foxboro, Pats get a bogus Pass Interference call, and ref celebrates TD with the team:

[Image: DUGD_rjU0AA25oF.jpg]

You realize this picture is photo shopped right? It's the most obvious photoshop ever.
01-21-2018 10:13 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2018 07:56 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  First person to congratulate Brady after the win...

A ref. Literally interrupted a Jags player congratulating Brady so he could.

Look, even if it's innocent... that's just something you CAN'T do as a "non-partial" ref. You just don't. Even if it looks bad the perception is terrible.

NFL needs to get their crap in order.

I agree with you here. Or at least do it off the field and out of view.
01-21-2018 10:19 PM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

01-29-2018 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.