Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Gift for Fuente from the Highland Hundred
Bookmark and Share
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: Gift for Fuente from the Highland Hundred
(04-10-2015 09:23 AM)okcomputer76 Wrote:  I guess they were fresh out of gray leather....paging GA.

Nice gesture and I am sure that Fuente does not care that there is no gray and the blue is too light. This is yet another example of lack of pride. I do think Fuente would agree that attention to detail is a mark of pride and that it even helps build pride - he just does not know what the correct details are. I am glad that the HH did this and, as always, deeply appreciate the service of those club leaders who give their time, but I wish they had been more mindful about said details. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 09:42 AM by Gray Avenger.)
04-10-2015 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Gift for Fuente from the Highland Hundred
Those things are soooo bad they might actually be cool.
04-10-2015 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
<cringing> It's the thought that counts. Right?
04-10-2015 09:52 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
Are they going to give him a matching Nudie Cohn suit next season?
04-10-2015 09:55 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(04-10-2015 08:44 AM)gusrob Wrote:  Sometimes it's cool to get an odd thank you. Not a standard plaque, trophy, letter.

I agree. Those are cool in a unique sort of way.
04-10-2015 10:36 AM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-10-2015 10:36 AM)TigerBill Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:44 AM)gusrob Wrote:  Sometimes it's cool to get an odd thank you. Not a standard plaque, trophy, letter.

I agree also. Different things stand out.
04-10-2015 10:52 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(04-09-2015 09:51 PM)tigertom Wrote:  That's fantastic... now he can use them to kick UofMemphis in the balls.

Go Coach Fuente'.

Thanks for a great year and looking forward to another. 04-rock

lol, good to know I bother you so. I got to have a nice long conversation with coach Fuente in Miami...the place the Tigers were staying was one of the nicest hotels I've ever seen...he's a REALLY nice guy.

And those might be the most God awful looking boots I'vd ever seen...put em on a self somewhere.

Now, it's time for more coffee...07-coffee3
04-10-2015 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

The array of dbag comments in this thread is remarkable. Congratulations. They cover every quadrant of the X/Y axis.
04-10-2015 12:29 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(04-10-2015 12:29 PM)RandyMc Wrote:  The array of dbag comments in this thread is remarkable. Congratulations. They cover every quadrant of the X/Y axis.

Do we get those hideous boots as a trophy? 03-lmfao
04-10-2015 12:30 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(04-10-2015 07:05 AM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  Those better be the Justin's brand

^
04-10-2015 12:47 PM
juggoman Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
(04-10-2015 12:29 PM)RandyMc Wrote:  The array of dbag comments in this thread is remarkable. Congratulations. They cover every quadrant of the X/Y axis.

^^^This^^^^

It's amazing that those with the most abhorrent comments are precisely those who do the least constructive in the way of support of financial, volunteering and attendance. Sometimes it's more than just sitting behind a keyboard anonymously being critical of every single damn thing a group does to make a show of appreciation. I was there and Justin seemed to be truly appreciative of the effort of the Highland Hundred to show their support of his efforts to make this team the best they can be. Who cares what they look like, why do most tend to overlook the thought behind the gift. Who cares whether he ever wears them or puts them on a shelf in his office. The gift was to try to show appreciation for the man for what he has done for this program.

If you don't like the boots, why not join the group that offered them as a gift and add your imput......oh that's right, it would take more effort than you care to exercise because it would mean getting off the couch and actually interacting with other human beings and then you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. Got it! It's always harder to be critical in person than lurking in the darkness.

I got an idea, just say thanks to the Highland Hundred for offering something in appreciation to the head coach rather than what's being offered on line. After all, it didn't cost you guys one red cent because you weren't there or offered any imput for ideas or financial support for the gift.

This is just substantiating my premise that most people suck.
04-10-2015 01:20 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I found a pic of the Coach Fuente with his gift today... online. He was genuinely pleased.

I would be more than proud to receive, give or wear boots such as those. n/k very thoughtful of the Highland 100.

Sometimes the ramblings of this forum lower the overall vitality of Tiger fans, even when stuff is meant to be taken in jest.

--Be strong, everyone! Have fun today!
04-10-2015 01:37 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(04-10-2015 01:20 PM)juggoman Wrote:  Who cares what they look like, why do most tend to overlook the thought behind the gift. Who cares whether he ever wears them or puts them on a shelf in his office. The gift was to try to show appreciation for the man for what he has done for this program.

Then why post an angry response?

Ignore it and let it move down the page into obscurity.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 01:47 PM by salukiblue.)
04-10-2015 01:46 PM
juggoman Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
(04-10-2015 01:46 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 01:20 PM)juggoman Wrote:  Who cares what they look like, why do most tend to overlook the thought behind the gift. Who cares whether he ever wears them or puts them on a shelf in his office. The gift was to try to show appreciation for the man for what he has done for this program.

Then why post an angry response?

Ignore it and let it move down the page into obscurity.

You're right....who cares?
04-10-2015 02:04 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators

Well, I kinda like 'em. Hell, I would wear them.
04-10-2015 02:04 PM
JTS Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-10-2015 01:20 PM)juggoman Wrote:  

^^^This^^^^

It's amazing that those with the most abhorrent comments are precisely those who do the least constructive in the way of support of financial, volunteering and attendance. Sometimes it's more than just sitting behind a keyboard anonymously being critical of every single damn thing a group does to make a show of appreciation. I was there and Justin seemed to be truly appreciative of the effort of the Highland Hundred to show their support of his efforts to make this team the best they can be. Who cares what they look like, why do most tend to overlook the thought behind the gift. Who cares whether he ever wears them or puts them on a shelf in his office. The gift was to try to show appreciation for the man for what he has done for this program.

If you don't like the boots, why not join the group that offered them as a gift and add your imput......oh that's right, it would take more effort than you care to exercise because it would mean getting off the couch and actually interacting with other human beings and then you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. Got it! It's always harder to be critical in person than lurking in the darkness.

I got an idea, just say thanks to the Highland Hundred for offering something in appreciation to the head coach rather than what's being offered on line. After all, it didn't cost you guys one red cent because you weren't there or offered any imput for ideas or financial support for the gift.

Really? Just having some fun. I'll bet you a dollar I donate more money than you do...
04-10-2015 02:07 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
^ so it begins..."who's the REAL fan" BS
04-10-2015 02:14 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(04-10-2015 01:20 PM)juggoman Wrote:  

^^^This^^^^

Was a HH member, current multi-year season ticket holder in both sports. I attend baseball games and even the occasional women's ball games too.

My personal opinion is that they are an ugly yet unique gift. Doesn't change the fact that it was a nice gesture. The previous two statements are not mutually exclusive.

If coach likes them, then why worry about it?

Maybe you should get your own pair since you're riding a high horse.
04-10-2015 02:31 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2015 02:04 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  

Well, I kinda like 'em. Hell, I would wear them.

Many on this board seem to think the top of the boots are visible when worn. Like when women wear them with their pants tucked in. Too funny.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 03:24 PM by midtowncowboy.)
04-10-2015 03:22 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
ooo ooo. It would be so perfect if he wore them with shorts or over his pants.

One thing about great coaches like Fuente...they pretty much wear want they and don't look for approval on fan boards.
04-10-2015 04:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.