Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte 49ers. Footbal attendance is down
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte 49ers. Footbal attendance is down
It could be due to a combination of issues,, putting tail gating areas too far from the stadium, a losing record, too many student tickets percentage wise, placing students in the back of the line when it comes to seating, or a lack of interest.

It is very important for Charlotte to fill their basketball arena so they can have an audience to encourage to purchase season football tickets. IMHO They must have a good product on the court to help make football a success.

Once Charlotte moves up in divisions we will have to average 15,000 per game to stay FBS, which I don't think we are doing this year.

By the way how does Georgia St remain in FBS with their attendance average?
11-16-2014 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Charlotte 49ers. Footbal attendance is down
Attendance requirements are a sham and are not enforced.

We're going to reduce the student allotment to 4,000 and sell the rest of the tickets as season tickets / single game tickets.

It is unrealistic to try to sell all the seats the students don't claim 2 or 3 days before the game with little to no promotion.

Whoever decided to give students 7500 seats should be fired. Very few programs (mostly SEC and Big 10) programs actually have that many students go to games. It was completely unrealistic to expect our students to claim 7500 seats.
11-16-2014 11:50 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

Attendance is down the last two home games and probably the final game as well. Attendance, however, was fine for the first three home games. Students didn't bother to come to the Coastal game last week and though they had a good showing this week, seems a lot of regular folks thought it was going to be too cold to come this week. We're 4 and 6 and just broke a 6 game skid. You can watch 49ers football from the comfort of your living room as well.

If we were 6 and 4 I doubt we'd see any drop off. You have to win to get folks to the stadium.
11-17-2014 09:53 AM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
I guess our hope for good attendance next year will be that we are moving up in divisions. Our win/loss record could look awful our first two years in FBS.

If I could I would schedule App, Liberty (larger universities close by), ODU, Marshall, ECU, West Virginia, BYU (national exposure), Wake, Duke, and Coastal Carolina. This would give me four great home games each year even if I gave two for ones to WV & BYU.
11-17-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2014 10:18 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  I guess our hope for good attendance next year will be that we are moving up in divisions. Our win/loss record could look awful our first two years in FBS.

If I could I would schedule App, Liberty (larger universities close by), ODU, Marshall, ECU, West Virginia, BYU (national exposure), Wake, Duke, and Coastal Carolina. This would give me four great home games each year even if I gave two for ones to WV & BYU.

Well we will have Marshall and ODU on the schedule every year. I figure App will probably become a regular OOC game in the future.

I can see ECU maybe playing us twice every 10 years unless P5 programs decide to stop scheduling them.

We'll definitely need to expand the stadium though before we could really get any P5 teams (and ECU) to play us at home. BoA is an option I guess, but I'd rather not play games there. Duke and Wake aren't going to draw super well or bring their own fans and 30,000 (or even 40,000) in a 72,000 seat stadium kinda blows in my opinion.

I hope I'm wrong and the move to FBS boosts attendance, but I think we're going to struggle with attendance unless we end up performing better than I'm expecting us to next season.
11-17-2014 08:06 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-17-2014 10:18 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  I guess our hope for good attendance next year will be that we are moving up in divisions. Our win/loss record could look awful our first two years in FBS.

Your program is still in its infancy. I hope no one's giving up on them already. Please remember what happened to us (UAB) if this is the case. Good morning. Came by to ask a few questions about Charlotte University, was there any particular reason why they chose to establish themselves independent of the UNC system, if so, what was it, & how was the process of transitioning to this status attained, please? Our internet radio station's going to be talking about the shaft we've gotten here at UAB, whose primary goal besides getting its' football, rifle and bowling teams back, is to either establish equal representation in our current system or establish a separate board of Trustees (I believe you call them "Regents" up there, I actually like that better than "Trustees", because no one at UAB "trusts" these people one bit!), & is there anyone here that would like to share that story on the air at BlazeRadio tomorrow evening at 5 p.m (or 5:30 p.m.) central time? Please shoot me a PM if you are. Thank you and have a great one...

..." I think I heard a shot..."
01-05-2015 12:23 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2015 12:23 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

Your program is still in its infancy. I hope no one's giving up on them already. Please remember what happened to us (UAB) if this is the case. Good morning. Came by to ask a few questions about Charlotte University, was there any particular reason why they chose to establish themselves independent of the UNC system, if so, what was it, & how was the process of transitioning to this status attained, please? Our internet radio station's going to be talking about the shaft we've gotten here at UAB, whose primary goal besides getting its' football, rifle and bowling teams back, is to either establish equal representation in our current system or establish a separate board of Trustees (I believe you call them "Regents" up there, I actually like that better than "Trustees", because no one at UAB "trusts" these people one bit!), & is there anyone here that would like to share that story on the air at BlazeRadio tomorrow evening at 5 p.m (or 5:30 p.m.) central time? Please shoot me a PM if you are. Thank you and have a great one...

..." I think I heard a shot..."
Every school in NC is a part of the UNC system. There is only one public system in NC and that is the UNC system. It includes NC State, ECU, App, and all the other schools that do not have a UNC attached to their name.

The thing is though, we don't have an official flagship school like the UA system. Chapel Hill, while they call themselves the flagship, is no different in a legal sense than any other school. All schools are theoretically equal with their own board of trustees with a UNC Board of Governors that oversees the whole system. The BoG is dominated by UNC and NC State representatives, but App State and ECU both have some representation on the board too. UNC Charlotte doesn't not currently have a rep as far as I know and neither do most of the other schools.

NC State was originally going to be called UNC-Raleigh, but they didn't want to seem like a satellite school, so they called themselves NC State instead. I wish we had done the same, but in the infancy of a school, it is good to be associated with a known brand for credibility. Today, we have outgrown the need for that and the name needs to be changed.
01-05-2015 01:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.