Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS Power Poll- ECU in
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
RE: CBS Power Poll- ECU in
(09-15-2014 08:33 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 08:30 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
Quote:16. Virginia Tech (9): Blacksburg used to be the most wired city in America until East Carolina came to town and cut the cord. Crossbones flashin' as Lincoln Riley has one of the best games of his career. Who's Lincoln Riley? Google him.

Barring a collapse of epic proportions, that win Saturday probably insured that Lincoln Riley will not be at ECU next year. Too many schools will come calling.

On the brightside, looks like Mike Leach's tenure at Wazoo might be done. Leach for OC?

Hey, didn't you mention a bet on the game this weekend? Looks like you guys are favored as well. Will make it that much sweeter when the Heels get revenge!!!
09-15-2014 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Congrats ECU!
09-15-2014 02:51 PM
Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

I Root For: Memphis
Nice. You guys deserve it.
09-15-2014 03:02 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(09-15-2014 11:55 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 11:42 AM)PGPirate Wrote:  It will be tough for the coaches to keep the players focused this week. But I have confidence they will. We aren't THERE yet.

I would bet that those players cannot wait to get their hands on UNC.

They can't wait, meet the busses back in Greeville, they said they had already started their prep for UNC.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 05:13 PM by ecumbh1999.)
09-15-2014 05:10 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
(09-15-2014 08:53 AM)ECUPirated Wrote:  National semifinals
•Rose: Florida State vs. Oregon
•Sugar: Auburn vs. Oklahoma

Remaining New Year's Six bowls
•Orange: Virginia Tech vs. LSU
•Fiesta: Notre Dame-Alabama
•Cotton: Texas A&M-Baylor
•Peach: East Carolina-South Carolina

5 SEC teams out of 12 slots.

ACC - 3 (if you count ND)
Big 12 - 2
PAC 12 - 1
AAC - 1
Big 10 - zero

If this happens and it's a yearly occurrence, as good as the SEC is, you gotta figure some of these other contract conferences are going to get fed up with it, especially with the highest rated noncontract conference team getting in every year.

It would be something to see the SEC go up to 24 teams and just break off Division I by themselves and become the third wing of the NFL.

Is there no limit on the number of teams a conference can get? It used to be limited to two per season in BCS bowls.
09-15-2014 05:12 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(09-15-2014 05:12 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 08:53 AM)ECUPirated Wrote:  National semifinals
•Rose: Florida State vs. Oregon
•Sugar: Auburn vs. Oklahoma

Remaining New Year's Six bowls
•Orange: Virginia Tech vs. LSU
•Fiesta: Notre Dame-Alabama
•Cotton: Texas A&M-Baylor
•Peach: East Carolina-South Carolina

5 SEC teams out of 12 slots.

ACC - 3 (if you count ND)
Big 12 - 2
PAC 12 - 1
AAC - 1
Big 10 - zero

If this happens and it's a yearly occurrence, as good as the SEC is, you gotta figure some of these other contract conferences are going to get fed up with it, especially with the highest rated noncontract conference team getting in every year.

It would be something to see the SEC go up to 24 teams and just break off Division I by themselves and become the third wing of the NFL.

Is there no limit on the number of teams a conference can get? It used to be limited to two per season in BCS bowls.

Well there are spots spoken for but no limit beyond those I don't think. So ACC, Pac12 and the Big 12 each have 1 spot. The SEC and Big 10 have 1 plus the alternating spot in the orange shared with Notre Dame. Then the group of 5 selection. So 5 at large I believe.
09-15-2014 07:47 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Our players should be more pumped up this year than last year. UNCheat and their entitled players who have accomplished nothing more than mediocrity for decades have done the predictable thing of saying in public that last year was a fluke and an embarrassment. If our players are not pumped up to go punch them in the mouth and prove that last year was not a fluke then they have no blood pumping through their veins.
09-15-2014 07:56 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
What is especially fun is that once again no schools that were ever members of the Big East are in the top 25. ECU knocked out vpi and UVa knocked out louiseville. L O L
09-15-2014 08:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.