Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ted Cruz rallies to the support of his friend and political rival Rick Perry
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Ted Cruz rallies to the support of his friend and political rival Rick Perry
I n a sign that the indictment of Texas Gov. Rick Perry for abuse of office and coercion may not be having the political effects some have hoped for, Sen. Ted Cruz, the Republican junior senator from Texas, has taken to his Facebook page to express support for the governor. Cruz is considered a possible rival to Perry for the Republican nomination for president in 2016. However differences are being set aside, at least for the time being, to rally around Perry.

“Unfortunately, there has been a sad history of the Travis County District Attorney's Office engaging in politically-motivated prosecutions, and this latest indictment of the governor is extremely questionable. Rick Perry is a friend, he's a man of integrity – I am proud to stand with Rick Perry. The Texas Constitution gives the governor the power to veto legislation, and a criminal indictment predicated on the exercise of his constitutional authority is, on its face, highly suspect.”

Cruz, an honors graduate of Harvard Law School, served as Texas Solicitor General for a time, having been appointed to that post by current Texas Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott. Cruz also taught Supreme Court litigation at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, a subject he is somewhat familiar with as he argued a number of cases before that court as solicitor general. He currently serves in the United States Senate and is said to harbor higher political ambitions.

Cruz’s endorsement of Perry suggests that, at least in the short term, Perry’s indictment has had the effect of raising his popularity among conservatives. Whether this will last if the case drags on, a certain hope by Democratic partisans, remains unclear. Also unclear is how many other Republican office holders, especially potential presidential

http://www.examiner.com/article/ted-cruz...ry?cid=rss

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
08-17-2014 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.