Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tired of NNN
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Tired of NNN
Pretty tired of the continuous narrative over there be certain posters, so I'll be starting as many threads over here about all things Niners and I hope you guys will respond with some productive conversation. 04-cheers
02-10-2014 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Alumniner2012 Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Tired of NNN
I would be more than okay with trading NNN for a 247 account. I spend more time over here now.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 02:21 PM by Alumniner2012.)
02-10-2014 11:04 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I know we are in a tough spot but the constant doom and gloom over there gets old.
02-11-2014 09:12 AM
49erAlumnus Offline
Bench Warmer

It does get old when folks on both sides of the issue are more invested in being right than they are in discussing the actual issue.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 12:07 AM by 49erAlumnus.)
02-12-2014 12:06 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I honestly think one of the biggest issues with NN.N is the Shoutbox. I enjoy it myself from time to time but it keeps people who might be posting in threads (which keeps the conversations at least somewhat relevant to the thread topic) in the shoutbox trying to one-up each other, or insulting each other. It's NN.N's own version of Twitter with the same type of knee-jerk reactions and counter-reactions that help to divide our hardcore fanbase.

We're all aware of the part NN.N played in helping to organize the student and fan efforts in support of football, and I for one am grateful for it for that reason if nothing else. But the board is very cliche-ish and if you're a new visitor with a slightly different opinion on things, you'll either need to develop a think skin for ridicule or more likely just leave the board altogether.

I think a big problem is that the current crop of moderators there are just more like "super-posters" than actual moderators. There's no real regulation of things at all over there. Threads go so far off topic that they turn into run-on pissing matches. People can just insult folks all they want and sometimes its moderators participating as well. One poster has a personal attack in his signature against another poster that would never be tolerated by moderators here on CSNBBS; but because he's "one of the boys" and the guy he's attacking is one of the more vocal "anti-cliche" people there, it's "all-good".

The board owner is a saint for doing what he does to maintain the site, but he hardly ever posts and is rarely on-line; and the folks he's chosen as moderators simply don't moderate at all. New folks who don't find a way into The Cliche soon find it a hostile environment and leave. You can see it on the board info page. There's 20 to 30 regular posters, 20 more that sometimes brave posting, and maybe 50 to 60 people who just read the board for info (its STILL the best source of Niner-related info on the web) and never post or register. We've even had longtime posters that now hardly ever post because they don't want the trouble of being insulted for not towing the company line.

Its a board for 40 people. That's no way to run a message board. Sorry for the long post but I've been a member on NN.N for 8 years and this is what I've seen there.
02-14-2014 02:34 PM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

(02-14-2014 02:34 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I honestly think one of the biggest issues with NN.N is the Shoutbox. I enjoy it myself from time to time but it keeps people who might be posting in threads (which keeps the conversations at least somewhat relevant to the thread topic) in the shoutbox trying to one-up each other, or insulting each other. It's NN.N's own version of Twitter with the same type of knee-jerk reactions and counter-reactions that help to divide our hardcore fanbase.

We're all aware of the part NN.N played in helping to organize the student and fan efforts in support of football, and I for one am grateful for it for that reason if nothing else. But the board is very cliche-ish and if you're a new visitor with a slightly different opinion on things, you'll either need to develop a think skin for ridicule or more likely just leave the board altogether.

I think a big problem is that the current crop of moderators there are just more like "super-posters" than actual moderators. There's no real regulation of things at all over there. Threads go so far off topic that they turn into run-on pissing matches. People can just insult folks all they want and sometimes its moderators participating as well. One poster has a personal attack in his signature against another poster that would never be tolerated by moderators here on CSNBBS; but because he's "one of the boys" and the guy he's attacking is one of the more vocal "anti-cliche" people there, it's "all-good".

The board owner is a saint for doing what he does to maintain the site, but he hardly ever posts and is rarely on-line; and the folks he's chosen as moderators simply don't moderate at all. New folks who don't find a way into The Cliche soon find it a hostile environment and leave. You can see it on the board info page. There's 20 to 30 regular posters, 20 more that sometimes brave posting, and maybe 50 to 60 people who just read the board for info (its STILL the best source of Niner-related info on the web) and never post or register. We've even had longtime posters that now hardly ever post because they don't want the trouble of being insulted for not towing the company line.

Its a board for 40 people. That's no way to run a message board. Sorry for the long post but I've been a member on NN.N for 8 years and this is what I've seen there.

Pretty spot on.
02-19-2014 09:37 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I definitely agree that the shoutbox hurts the board.

I like the feature, but I wish it was confined to the chat link rather than at the top of the page automatically when you log in.

I still spend a considerable amount of time there, but I definitely spend less time there than I used to. I'll occasionally go a full day without viewing it while at work now and that used to never happen.

I spend more time here now than I do there.
05-13-2014 03:05 PM
s9er Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Charlotte
There isn't enough activity here to warrant checking more than once per month.
06-13-2014 10:34 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2014 10:34 AM)s9er Wrote:  There isn't enough activity here to warrant checking more than once per month.

By here I meant the CUSA board. I don't really spend any time in this specific forum.
06-13-2014 02:36 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(06-13-2014 02:36 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 10:34 AM)s9er Wrote:  There isn't enough activity here to warrant checking more than once per month.

By here I meant the CUSA board. I don't really spend any time in this specific forum.

Has NN.N been down all day for anyone else?
06-13-2014 04:09 PM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

(06-13-2014 04:09 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 02:36 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

Has NN.N been down all day for anyone else?
Yes
06-13-2014 04:21 PM
Timo99 Offline
2nd String

I too get tired of the constant doom and gloom on NN.N. As mentioned before, it is more of a social gathering for about 40 people. I don't post there often. I enjoy the C-USA board. Here is where you can see how we stack up against C-USA, and there is a lot more positive posts and posters.
06-13-2014 04:55 PM
TheSourceOfOne Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: 49ers
Tired of NNN
Riley Ferguson is not coming to Charlotte. 100 percent

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
06-25-2014 06:57 AM
Advertisement

TheSourceOfOne Offline
Water Engineer

Tired of NNN
There are reasons Riley isn't coming to Charlotte but read into it that he was in the hunt to be the starting QB and is leaving.

06-29-2014 10:02 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-29-2014 10:02 PM)TheSourceOfOne Wrote:  There are reasons Riley isn't coming to Charlotte but read into it that he was in the hunt to be the starting QB and is leaving.

I simply heard that the coaching staff didn't think he'd be a good fit. If what you say is accurate, perhaps he wouldn't be a good fit because he wanted to start immediately.
06-30-2014 05:59 PM
TheSourceOfOne Offline
Water Engineer

Tired of NNN
He's not a good fit for the same reason no one at Tennessee is crying over him leaving. No need to insert him into a the locker room.

06-30-2014 06:52 PM
49erAlumnus Offline
Bench Warmer

This staff has given us no reason to not trust them. If they don't think he's a fit for the program, that's fine with me. We should see Johnson improve and they were very excited about signing Barden. I'm ready for the season to start.
07-01-2014 09:31 AM
TheSourceOfOne Offline
Water Engineer

Tired of NNN
Agree alumnus. They can't be short sighted. Have to continue to build and develop pipelines. Have to weigh a lot.

07-01-2014 04:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.