Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Remaining Undefeated, Winless, and 1 loss teams (after week 6)
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Remaining Undefeated, Winless, and 1 loss teams (after week 6)
Teams with 1st loss week 6:
Maryland
Northwestern
Washington

Teams with 1st win week 6:

Florida International
South Florida

Teams with 2nd loss week: 6:
Utah
Penn State
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Georgia Tech
North Carolina State
Colorado
Ole Miss
Cincinnati
Texas State
Arizona State

Percent of Last Week's Undefeated Teams with 1st loss:
Week 1: 41.13% (51 of 124)
Week 2: 31.51% (23 of 73)
Week 3: 30% (15 of 50)
Week 4: 17.14% (6 of 35)
Week 5: 31.03% (9 of 29)
Week 6: 15% (3 of 20)

Week 6 Thoughts: Of our 17 remaining undefeated teams, we now have 16 of them ranked. Only undefeated Houston remains outside the top 25.

The only undefeated teams we lost this week came from games between undefeateds. They were very relevant games though. Ohio State defeated Northwestern leaving them and Michigan as the only undefeated teams from the Big Ten. After it's toughest 2 game stretch, Ohio State will likely not play another ranked team until Michigan. Stanford beating Washington by a field goal keeps them in the drivers seat with Oregon in the very competitive PAC-12 North. We'll see if Washington can get back in that spot with a win vs. Oregon in their game next week Meanwhile, Florida State looks very legitimate as national title contender by demolishing previously unbeaten Maryland.

On the winless side, South Florida beat Cincinnati for their first win of the year. That game combined with Central Florida and Rutgers struggling in games do not bode well for undefeated Louisvilleā€™s national title hopes. They really need someone to step up so that Louisville gets a marquee game to show off (and of course need to win it). Regardless, they'll probably need no more than one unbeaten left at the end of the season to even have a chance.

Florida International also won their first game of the year on the road at Southern Miss. Southern Miss hasn't won a game this year and didn't last year either.

On the one loss list, we see the last Sunbelt team disappear as Texas State lost to Louisiana-Lafayette. The Big Ten was the biggest mover though with 4 teams dropping off the list (and Northwestern joining it). That's not exactly boding well for Ohio State as their chances for high national profile games seem much more limited until the season ender with Michigan.

Week 7 Thoughts:
We one game between winless teams (Miami (OH) @ Massachusetts).

There aren't any games between undefeated teams, but there are some very important ones between undefeated and one loss teams. Probably the biggest game involving an undefeated is undefeated #2 Oregon at #16 Washington. Washington almost took Stanford out on the road this week and it will be interesting to see how they do with Oregon.

Other games of potential involving undefeateds include, on Thursday, one loss Rutgers playing at undefeated #8 Louisville, undefeated #25 Missouri playing at #7 Georgia in a game that looks a lot more interesting to me than a week ago, undefeated #12 Oklahoma playing Texas in the Red River Shootout. #5 undefeated Stanford playing at Utah, and #18 undefeated Michigan play at Penn State.

Between one loss teams, we see #17 Florida at #10 LSU.

Remaining Undefeated Teams: ACC: 3, American Athletic: 2, Big 12: 3, Big Ten: 2, MAC: 1, Mountain West: 1, PAC-12: 3, SEC: 2, total: 17

Clemson
Florida State
Miami (FL)
Baylor
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Louisville
Michigan
Ohio State
Houston
Northern Illinois
Fresno State
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
Missouri
Alabama

1-loss Teams: ACC: 3, American: 2, Big 12: 1, Big Ten: 3, Conference USA: 1, MAC: 2, PAC-12: 3, SEC: 6, Sunbelt: 0 independents: 1, total: 22
Virginia Tech
Pitt
Rutgers
Central Florida
Oklahoma State
Michigan State
Nebraska
East Carolina
Navy
Bowling Green
Ohio U.
Ball State
Oregon State
Arizona
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
LSU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Maryland
Northwestern
Washington

Winless Teams:
American: 2, Conference USA: 1, MAC: 3, Mountain West: 1, independents: 1, total: 8
Uconn
Temple
Southern Miss
New Mexico State
Miami (OH)
Massachusetts
Western Michigan
Hawaii
10-06-2013 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: Remaining Undefeated, Winless, and 1 loss teams (after week 6)
Not only is undefeated Houston outside of the top 25. They are not receiving any votes in either poll.
10-08-2013 05:32 AM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(10-08-2013 05:32 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Not only is undefeated Houston outside of the top 25. They are not receiving any votes in either poll.

The reasons why are as follows:

1- Their schedule is light so far

2- UH was 5-7 last year which adds pollster skepticism

3- They didn't win impressively against Temple or Rice. Rice has struggled against a bad KU team and Temple who is 0-5.

If they beat BYU and/or Rutgers they should shoot up.
10-08-2013 10:34 AM
Advertisement

GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(10-08-2013 10:34 AM)S11 Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 05:32 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Not only is undefeated Houston outside of the top 25. They are not receiving any votes in either poll.

3- They didn't win impressively against Temple or Rice. Rice has struggled against a bad KU team and Temple who is 0-5.

As a Houston fan I would agree with points 1 and 2. 3 not so much.....

The Rice score was not an accurate relection of that game. Timid Tony went for a FG when he should have just went for it on 4th down and Rice got the late TD to make it close. That game was over early in the 3rd.

Temple was a head scratcher and I can explain what I think happened but why bother every team has a head scratcher we just won ours.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 10:45 AM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
10-08-2013 10:44 AM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California

Right, compare Houston to Northern Illinois.

Houston's best win so far is 31-26 over Rice. Northern Illinois has a 30-27 win over a decent Iowa team. Northern Illinois is probably also getting some votes based on residual reputation from last year.
10-08-2013 10:55 AM
Advertisement

GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(10-08-2013 10:55 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Right, compare Houston to Northern Illinois.

Houston's best win so far is 31-26 over Rice. Northern Illinois has a 30-27 win over a decent Iowa team. Northern Illinois is probably also getting some votes based on residual reputation from last year.

Didn't see him pulling Northern Illinois into this?.....

That said I can agree with we don't deserve votes at this point. In two weeks if we have beaten Memphis and a solid BYU team. Sitting at 6-0 it would seem odd if we didn't start getting votes.
10-08-2013 11:13 AM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
I just want to say that I appreciate these weekly posts. Good solid college football content.
10-08-2013 06:54 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I am happy we're not on this list...no...wait...nm
10-09-2013 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Right now, the only polls that like Houston are a couple of the BCS computers. We are 31st in the latest unofficial BCS poll due to two computer polls ranking us in the Top 25.

While Memphis is a vastly improved ballclub under 2nd year coach Justin Fuente, they are still 1-3. If we beat them, it won't turn many heads.

As S11 said, we'll start to get human votes if we slip past Memphis and then go 6-0 with a win over BYU.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 12:37 AM by CougarRed.)
10-09-2013 06:38 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(10-08-2013 10:55 AM)Wedge Wrote:  

Right, compare Houston to Northern Illinois.

NIU has played 4/5 games on the road and have 2 wins over B1G teams- Iowa and Purdue, 55-24. Even the FCS team they played is decent, they're ranked 5th and beat SDSU 40-19. No comparison.
10-09-2013 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.