UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GO UAB! BEAT LSU in Death Valley...
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
RE: GO UAB! BEAT LSU in Death Valley...
Coach said Hunter Mullins didn't execute the game plan. He was not supposed to kick the ball to the returner.
09-07-2013 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
I hate to say it, but a lot of times I see McGee on the sidelines, I see this.

[Image: Im_thinking_arbys.jpg]
09-07-2013 11:47 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(09-07-2013 11:28 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 11:16 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  UAB ran into a buzz saw -- not just an SEC team but a top echelon SEC team - the kind that can play for the BCS NC this season. Too many people around here listened too much to what Paul Finebaum said about Les Miles as a coach. He looks to me like he has done very well in getting the best players, the best assistant coaches and bringing them together in a very good team.

From what I saw of the scores being posted around the nation, UAB was able to play LSU as well as most of the lower ranked teams played the best teams today. A lot of teams got taken to the woodshed today, and the margins of victory in many games around the nation were similar to ours. I am pleased that we seem right now to have gotten out with no season ending injuries to critical players. Has anyone heard anything about Hunter Mullins and why he was replaced during the game by Long?

We have an off week and then play two more OOC games before making our conference run. I hope we will benefit from all this experience and improve a lot.

Good night and God bless us, every one.

I would recommend not discussing the SEC or Paul Finebaum on this board anymore. Just because you like Bama doesn't mean you have to suck the SECs **** like everybody else in this state does.

Is that line of reasoning supposed to make anyone love UAB more and to adopt your fascination with the phallus of the SEC conference?

I did NOT "discuss" Finebaum in a positive, supportive manner nor did I accord any deification to LSU - I simply acknowledged what they have apparently accomplished - at our expense among others. I can and will continue to cheer for the schools I attended standing up, and I don't regard it as tantamount to oral sexual activity. You apparently see it differently.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 11:52 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
09-07-2013 11:48 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-07-2013 11:48 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 11:16 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  UAB ran into a buzz saw -- not just an SEC team but a top echelon SEC team - the kind that can play for the BCS NC this season. Too many people around here listened too much to what Paul Finebaum said about Les Miles as a coach. He looks to me like he has done very well in getting the best players, the best assistant coaches and bringing them together in a very good team.

From what I saw of the scores being posted around the nation, UAB was able to play LSU as well as most of the lower ranked teams played the best teams today. A lot of teams got taken to the woodshed today, and the margins of victory in many games around the nation were similar to ours. I am pleased that we seem right now to have gotten out with no season ending injuries to critical players. Has anyone heard anything about Hunter Mullins and why he was replaced during the game by Long?

We have an off week and then play two more OOC games before making our conference run. I hope we will benefit from all this experience and improve a lot.

I would recommend not discussing the SEC or Paul Finebaum on this board anymore. Just because you like Bama doesn't mean you have to suck the SECs **** like everybody else in this state does.

Is that line of reasoning supposed to make anyone love UAB more and to adopt your fascination with the phallus of the SEC conference?

I did NOT "discuss" Finebaum in a positive, supportive manner nor did I accord any deification to LSU - I simply acknowledged what they have apparently accomplished - at our expense among others. I can and will continue to cheer for the schools I attended standing up, and I don't regard it as tantamount to oral sexual activity. You apparently see it differently.

You directly discussed Finebaum on here like anybody gives a **** what he said. You also directly discussed an SEC team that just beat our ass in a very positive light. Nobody cares. Anybody with a bit of sense knew that LSU was going to dominate us. We don't need to hear it after the fact.

Also, good for you for attending that wonderful school down the road. I don't care that you support them, and I don't want to hear a damn thing about them. There are probably 50,000 message boards you can go on that would love to hear about them and their fourth and 85 conversions.
09-07-2013 11:59 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(09-07-2013 11:47 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  I hate to say it, but a lot of times I see McGee on the sidelines, I see this.

This. 03-rotfl
09-08-2013 12:00 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-07-2013 11:47 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  I hate to say it, but a lot of times I see McGee on the sidelines, I see this.

Sometimes you just gotta have a jamocha shake
09-08-2013 12:07 AM
rook360 Offline
All American

(09-07-2013 11:59 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

You directly discussed Finebaum on here like anybody gives a **** what he said. You also directly discussed an SEC team that just beat our ass in a very positive light. Nobody cares. Anybody with a bit of sense knew that LSU was going to dominate us. We don't need to hear it after the fact.

Also, good for you for attending that wonderful school down the road. I don't care that you support them, and I don't want to hear a damn thing about them. There are probably 50,000 message boards you can go on that would love to hear about them and their fourth and 85 conversions.

Dude come off of it. The guy went there, graduated, and so that's what he has to compare it to. If you don't care to read his post put him on ignore but don't be rude its not called for.
09-08-2013 12:44 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-08-2013 12:44 AM)rook360 Wrote:  

Dude come off of it. The guy went there, graduated, and so that's what he has to compare it to. If you don't care to read his post put him on ignore but don't be rude its not called for.

When someone has been asked many times to stop doing something by many different people, and he insists on continuing to do it, despite everyone's wishes, then being rude is called for.
09-08-2013 01:17 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-07-2013 11:05 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 10:59 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I think we got closer to scoring a TD than what the coach thought or perhaps some of us thought.

We should have had 1 chance at 1 more play to score but the operators ran off 2 more seconds than they should have.

The lost seconds on the clock occurred several plays before that last one with the TO at 5 seconds. Those were the questionable moments that got me cussing at him on the TV. By the time we had to call time out and kicked the FG, the damage had already been done to our chance to score the TD.

McGee was pissed at the referee, I believe for not calling his timeout sooner at the five second mark, but not calling the one sooner before then. Maybe the time management problem was because the ref was taking his sweet time.
09-08-2013 01:19 AM
rook360 Offline
All American

(09-08-2013 01:17 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 12:44 AM)rook360 Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 11:28 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I would recommend not discussing the SEC or Paul Finebaum on this board anymore. Just because you like Bama doesn't mean you have to suck the SECs **** like everybody else in this state does.

When someone has been asked many times to stop doing something by many different people, and he insists on continuing to do it, despite everyone's wishes, then being rude is called for.

1) The man is showing his age and he isn't about to change
2) I'm sure some folks have grown tired of your post but you continue to post like you do. i.e. the ignore button

Unless he has broken a rule, then use the ignore function which it is there for.
09-08-2013 02:17 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Here's an old school football coach quote I think germane to our situation.

Al Davis, "The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard."
09-08-2013 06:49 AM
BlazerUnit Offline
Yeah, I Just Did That

I Root For: Key & Peele
(09-08-2013 12:07 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

Sometimes you just gotta have a jamocha shake

Or a French Dip & Swiss
09-08-2013 05:43 PM
Hambit Offline
Bench Warmer

Good post by the way. Keep on keepin' on
09-08-2013 06:35 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(09-07-2013 09:28 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  are we the worst team in the nation ....
coach is learning every game

Absolutely not. We will go to a bowl game this year, and we are better than most of the rest of the teams we will face. We had a bad game against LSU. LSU is pretty good.
09-09-2013 11:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.