Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GTS' ACC Map
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: GTS' ACC Map
(04-29-2013 12:15 PM)CK42NC Wrote:  But I'm not so sure about WVU! (Don't want the headache)
AGREED.

Quote:I think Cincy does the some thing (plus Ohio markets)
Links ND/Louis to PITT/Cuse.
I like it.

Quote:but I do like the Navy football only with exit agreement if ND joins Full.
Problem with this is that only gets us to 15 football teams, which means you STILL need to add another - right back to Cincinnati, I guess? Or are you saying add BOTH?
04-29-2013 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
A strategic outpost in Philly wouldn't be a bad idea. I like Temple or UConn (although those helmets need to go).

I don't really get the Cincy fascination. Philly > Cincy
04-29-2013 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CK42NC Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNC
add them both but put it in writing that if ND joins full Navy is out.
2 reasons 1. Not to sure if ND would ever join. 2. ND is linked with Navy so they would probably look out for them too.
Just Guessing?
04-29-2013 12:40 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2013 12:37 PM)esayem Wrote:  A strategic outpost in Philly wouldn't be a bad idea. I like Temple or UConn (although those helmets need to go).

I agree w/ Temple - I like the idea of Philadelphia.

Re Cincinnati: it isn't the school we're fascinated with - it's all those high school football players in the state of Ohio.*

* that and Skyline chili.
04-29-2013 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(04-29-2013 12:37 PM)esayem Wrote:  A strategic outpost in Philly wouldn't be a bad idea. I like Temple or UConn (although those helmets need to go).

I don't think there's an obvious solution, that's why people are sort of all over the map (literally & figuratively). I say Cincy because I think they've done more with their program, plus they connect the dots a little better than a second PA team.

I had no trouble with Temple when they came into the Big East and I think they strengthened that league. But I don't think they're as strong as Cincy (and, let's face it, neither team really strengthens the ACC - they'd only be talked about if paired with a stronger #15).

UConn's basically the same as Temple, program-wise (perhaps a bit stronger), plus, like Temple, they do nothing to connect the dots on the map.
04-29-2013 12:42 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2013 12:40 PM)CK42NC Wrote:  add them both but put it in writing that if ND joins full Navy is out.
2 reasons 1. Not to sure if ND would ever join. 2. ND is linked with Navy so they would probably look out for them too.
Just Guessing?

I'd accept Navy (grudgingly) to get Notre Dame... FIRST.

I'm guessing, though, that if ND joined for football, they'd want another football power as #16 (and they'd likely get it, too!)
04-29-2013 12:49 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(04-28-2013 11:59 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  If the ACC ever goes to four team pods then one of them will be the North Carolina schools.

Perhaps, but all four together are pretty weak as a pod overall.

None of them having really accomplished much in football in the "modern" era.

Cheers,
Neil
04-29-2013 12:53 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

(04-29-2013 12:49 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'd accept Navy (grudgingly) to get Notre Dame... FIRST.

I'm guessing, though, that if ND joined for football, they'd want another football power as #16 (and they'd likely get it, too!)

Yeah, that's something we all seem to forget. ND joining for football opens up the options.
04-29-2013 01:01 PM
CK42NC Offline
Bench Warmer

I see what you're saying from a market standpoint Philly>Cincy
I was just thinking programs and brands.
Temple vs. Cincy? A PUSH
maybe another option will emerge?
04-29-2013 06:13 PM
CK42NC Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-29-2013 01:01 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 12:49 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'd accept Navy (grudgingly) to get Notre Dame... FIRST.

Yeah, that's something we all seem to forget. ND joining for football opens up the options.

you are exactly right!! ND would/does changes things!
04-29-2013 06:14 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I will always like to see Cincinnati someday in the mix to 16. I agree that Navy being a Football invite would be great until ND decides to come in Full Time for Football. Navy is a National brand name and keeps the Maryland/ D.C. area under the Big Tent. Now if by chance WVU were to become an option, They would fit in nicely as well. Lots of possibilities for future expansion if needed.
04-29-2013 07:43 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(04-28-2013 09:27 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Altered

[Image: acc-map-final2.png]

04-cheers Anyone notice the Indiana /Kentucky connection form a large "L" 03-lmfao
:
04-29-2013 07:53 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I would think if Notre Dame were to join the ACC as a full member then there would be some sort of an agreement amongst them and the conference on exactly WHO would get the final invite #16. I would also think that if Notre Dame decides against full membership, with the majority of the countries football conferences moving to 9 or 10 game conference schedule then they might actually move from their agreement of 5 games to 7 or possibly 8 games.

I honestly think the more conference games played amongst conferences will be what makes the Irish look into full membership more so than any other past missed opportunities. How will the Irish get all those traditional games against the USC, Standford, Mich State, and otera if they are going to have to pick up more conference games??? This IMHO will be what shifts the scales in favor of the ACC in finally landing Notre Dame as a full member. Look for that 16th member to be a football first type of school for who ever the Irish want the ACC will more than likely will get, but my opinion I think WVU would be the obvious choice for their selection would only solidify the conference as a football conference once andfor all.
04-29-2013 07:59 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(04-29-2013 12:02 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  
(04-28-2013 08:53 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  Flip UNC and WF in North Carolina to reflect where the fanbase actually is.

If that is the case, shouldn't the blue devil be in New Jersey??

04-cheers
04-29-2013 08:25 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
I think Cincinnati has done more and at this point is more recognizable and relevant in collegiate sports.
04-29-2013 08:38 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I think Cincy has alot to offer also, but I think if ND joins they will have a say on WHO as well as the other football schools of the ACC. In a superconference of 18 bring in Cincy, UConn, and WVU along with the Irish as a full member.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 08:59 PM by BigOwensboroCard.)
04-29-2013 08:58 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

Louisville fans may want Cincinnati, but I don't get it. Notre Dame actually has a home and home with Temple. I think that says who would be first in the pecking order already.
04-29-2013 09:16 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(04-29-2013 09:16 PM)esayem Wrote:  Louisville fans may want Cincinnati, but I don't get it. Notre Dame actually has a home and home with Temple. I think that says who would be first in the pecking order already.

Yes, But Temple still is a ways off on putting Football first. Even if ND chooses whom to come with, outside of Navy whom places Football first, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, USC, Texas, Oklahoma. Those schools probably won't be jumping into the ACC. That leaves mostly the previous 2 plus Cincinnati, UConn and WVU if They can get out from the Big12 GOR.
04-29-2013 10:21 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(04-29-2013 07:59 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I would think if Notre Dame were to join the ACC as a full member then there would be some sort of an agreement amongst them and the conference on exactly WHO would get the final invite #16. I would also think that if Notre Dame decides against full membership, with the majority of the countries football conferences moving to 9 or 10 game conference schedule then they might actually move from their agreement of 5 games to 7 or possibly 8 games.

I honestly think the more conference games played amongst conferences will be what makes the Irish look into full membership more so than any other past missed opportunities. How will the Irish get all those traditional games against the USC, Standford, Mich State, and otera if they are going to have to pick up more conference games??? This IMHO will be what shifts the scales in favor of the ACC in finally landing Notre Dame as a full member. Look for that 16th member to be a football first type of school for who ever the Irish want the ACC will more than likely will get, but my opinion I think WVU would be the obvious choice for their selection would only solidify the conference as a football conference once andfor all.

I think that Southern Cal and Stanford will continue to play ND.

Navy will always be on ND's schedule.

With the five ACC games, that makes 8 games per year.

I don't think that ND will ever have trouble finding four acceptable games per year to schedule.

I don't see ND joining any conference full time, ever.

P.S. If I am wrong and ND gets to select #16, it will not be WVU (even without a GOR).
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 10:32 PM by TerryD.)
04-29-2013 10:31 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2013 10:31 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I don't see ND joining any conference full time, ever.

P.S. If I am wrong and ND gets to select #16, it will not be WVU (even without a GOR).
Terry,
Suspend disbelief for just a moment and let's say ND does join the ACC one day as #15... who do YOU think the Irish would want as #16 (and we'll assume this is a team ND would play every year)?
04-30-2013 04:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.