Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill
Quote:California Congresswoman, Rep. Jackie Speier CA (D), wants to federalize a state law to prohibit counseling to change a person’s sexual orientation. That doesn’t sound that extreme, but pedophilia is a sexual orientation according to this bill as well.

Under the bill’s language, a mental health counselor could be sanctioned if there was an attempt to get a pedophile or gay individual to change his behavior or speak negatively about their behavior as it relates to sexuality.

The bill calls on states to prohibit efforts to change a minor’s sexual orientation, even if the minor requests it, saying that doing so is “dangerous and harmful.”

The text of the legislation doesn’t specifically ban “gay” conversion therapy. Instead, it prohibits attempts to change a person’s sexual orientation.

“Sexual orientation change efforts’ means any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation,” the bill says.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that, “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation.” However, the Democrats defeated the amendment. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law, and accordingly decided that pedophilia is a sexual orientation that should be equally as embraced as homosexuality.

---MORE---

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Gay people = pedophiles.

Don't like the association, come out in opposition.
04-03-2013 12:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill
(04-03-2013 12:34 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
Quote:California Congresswoman, Rep. Jackie Speier CA (D), wants to federalize a state law to prohibit counseling to change a person’s sexual orientation. That doesn’t sound that extreme, but pedophilia is a sexual orientation according to this bill as well.

Under the bill’s language, a mental health counselor could be sanctioned if there was an attempt to get a pedophile or gay individual to change his behavior or speak negatively about their behavior as it relates to sexuality.

The bill calls on states to prohibit efforts to change a minor’s sexual orientation, even if the minor requests it, saying that doing so is “dangerous and harmful.”

The text of the legislation doesn’t specifically ban “gay” conversion therapy. Instead, it prohibits attempts to change a person’s sexual orientation.

“Sexual orientation change efforts’ means any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation,” the bill says.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that, “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation.” However, the Democrats defeated the amendment. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law, and accordingly decided that pedophilia is a sexual orientation that should be equally as embraced as homosexuality.

---MORE---

I knew it was only a matter of time.
Gay people = pedophiles.

Don't like the association, come out in opposition.

Faster than most anticipated.
04-03-2013 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Not shocked one bit
04-03-2013 12:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Liking little kids is a sexual preference, not orientation. How come a convicted pedophile in California cant live within certain distances from schools, parks, or other places where kids congregate? It's because people are afraid of them. Now they're being protected. I guess the only way to make this problem go away is to shoot them.
04-03-2013 12:43 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Yep, there's no slippery slope.
04-03-2013 12:55 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-03-2013 12:43 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Liking little kids is a sexual preference, not orientation. How come a convicted pedophile in California cant live within certain distances from schools, parks, or other places where kids congregate? It's because people are afraid of them. Now they're being protected. I guess the only way to make this problem go away is to shoot them.

Both terms are conjured up BS
04-03-2013 01:03 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Something tells me that this needs to be looked into more given the source.
04-03-2013 01:11 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Quote:Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law, and accordingly decided that pedophilia is a sexual orientation that should be equally as embraced as homosexuality.

Anyone running against him should get the audio of this and play it in a continuous loop over video of kids on a playground.
04-03-2013 01:14 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(04-03-2013 01:11 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Something tells me that this needs to be looked into more given the source.

Take your pick

http://www.google.com/search?q=jackie+sp...68&bih=928
04-03-2013 01:17 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Someone needs to stomp her butt. Inexcusable.
04-03-2013 02:00 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Ummm...looks like you folks might be bamboozled here.

1. CA bill SB 1172 is clearly worded that it applies to only Gay, Lesbian and Bisexuals.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill...n_v97.html

2. Pedophilia can be opposite sex as well. The CA bill is to prohibit gay conversion therapy basically.

3. The CA bill has been blocked by a judge.
http://www.californiahealthline.org/arti...tment.aspx

4. Speier introduced a resolution last November but it never made it out of committee.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hconres141

5. The quote by Hastings applies to a totally different bill as taken from something unrelated (the Shephard and Byrd Hate Crime Bill of 2009 I believe) according to this article from 2011.
http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=11517

Looks like you all owe Robert and apology. Yeah I won't hold my breath.

And see Rebel, I didn't even call you stupid. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 02:12 PM by Redwingtom.)
04-03-2013 02:06 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Never said it made it out of any committee, did I? You basically just backed up everything I posted.
04-03-2013 02:13 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

No Rebel, your linked article contained a quote sourced to Hastings that he may have never said and certainly never said about this issue. The bill never made it out of committee. Hastings was not on that committee. Your articles say he added an amendment that he never did. It says the Republicans defeated that amendment. The article is a fabrication.

And her resolution says nothing that can be construed to mean it applied to pedophiles.

Face it. You've been had again.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 02:22 PM by Redwingtom.)
04-03-2013 02:17 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2013 02:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  No Rebel, your linked article contained a quote sourced to Hastings that he may have never said and certainly never said about this issue.

And her resolution says nothing that can be construed to mean it applied to pedophiles.

Face it. You've been had again.

It's called "putting two and two together". Seeing the writing on the wall. We see what you on the left support. This is how sh*t legislation is started. Haven't been had on anything. Two prominent Dims showing their true colors.
04-03-2013 02:21 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

Rebel, you're a complete fraud. Would someone please tell Rebel. He certainly isn't going to take it from me.

Unbelievable.

The articled flat out contains false information. Jeez, please tell me you can see that? Please?
04-03-2013 02:24 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2013 02:24 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Rebel, you're a complete fraud. Would someone please tell Rebel. He certainly isn't going to take it from me.

Unbelievable.

The articled flat out contains false information. Jeez, please tell me you can see that? Please?

False information? Was a bill not proposed? Did Alcee Hastings and the rest of the Dim rats not defeat an amendment specifying that pedophilia is not covered as an orientation? It doesn't matter if they were different bills. These type of things always take a multifaceted approach.

I see the writing on the wall, Tom. You have to wait until it's drawn out in a pretty picture for you. This is how these moonbat Prog movements start.
04-03-2013 02:29 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-03-2013 12:43 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Liking little kids is a sexual preference, not orientation. How come a convicted pedophile in California cant live within certain distances from schools, parks, or other places where kids congregate? It's because people are afraid of them. Now they're being protected. I guess the only way to make this problem go away is to shoot them.

Look the idea that we should *criminalize* anyone's attempt to change their sexual orientation is the root problem here. Especially if the person in question ask for it..

By dragging the pedo's into this we won't talk about the real problem.

As to the fact Pedo's would be protected... It's just a matter of time so long as we have decided that gender and sexual identity lines mean nothing.
04-03-2013 03:11 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(04-03-2013 03:11 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Look the idea that we should *criminalize* anyone's attempt to change their sexual orientation is the root problem here. Especially if the person in question ask for it..

As to the fact Pedo's would be protected... It's just a matter of time so long as we have decided that gender and sexual identity lines mean nothing.

One of the problems bound to arise is the criminal behavior part. Fanticizing about little kids kids is one thing, but it's a criminal offense to act on it. Legitimizing pedophilia as sexual orientation could probably justify that behavior in the minds of some people.

Only in Cailfornia would this even be remotely considered.
04-03-2013 03:17 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2013 03:17 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 03:11 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

One of the problems bound to arise is the criminal behavior part. Fanticizing about little kids kids is one thing, but it's a criminal offense to act on it. Legitimizing pedophilia as sexual orientation could probably justify that behavior in the minds of some people.

Hastings is from Florida and he doesn't seem to have a problem with them.
04-03-2013 03:19 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-03-2013 03:17 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  One of the problems bound to arise is the criminal behavior part. Fanticizing about little kids kids is one thing, but it's a criminal offense to act on it. Legitimizing pedophilia as sexual orientation could probably justify that behavior in the minds of some people.

*today* smn, Only in California today.
04-03-2013 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.