Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio vs Akron for the MAC title
Bookmark and Share
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Ohio vs Akron for the MAC title
Can they top the 2010 overtime thriller? MAC two best teams all season meet up in the final. Split season series and have won last three MAC titles combined. 6th title game in a row for Akron. Second in 3 years for Ohio. Winner to the NCAA and loser to the NIT. As solid season for both teams.
03-10-2012 01:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
RE: Ohio vs Akron for the MAC title
Tomorrow
8pm EST on ESPN2 - Book it!!! I like listening to Reghi call games on STO.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 01:16 AM by Miami (Oh) Yeah !.)
03-10-2012 01:14 AM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
Akron is now up to #51 in the RPI while Ohio is #61.

A couple more wins a piece and the MAC could of had itself in a position to put 2 schools into the dance.
03-10-2012 01:17 AM
ksu sucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UA
(03-10-2012 01:17 AM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  Akron is now up to #51 in the RPI while Ohio is #61.

A couple more wins a piece and the MAC could of had itself in a position to put 2 schools into the dance.

Not to mention, Akron and Ohio return virtually everyone next season.

I'll see some of you at the Q!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 07:29 AM by ksu sucks.)
03-10-2012 07:14 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Akron wins it tonight. They have the best team in the MAC this year.
The Zilches beat us three times, and we brought everything. I’m going to get Zeke one big graduation present next year.
03-10-2012 07:25 AM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
73 threads about Temple leaving, finally one about something relevant. this is going to be a heck of game tonight, get your popcorn ready. go bobcats.
03-10-2012 07:43 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I'll pull for OU in this one. Be nice to say we beat the champs and that only the champs beat us in the tournament. But either way I hope one of these teams pulls off an upset in the NCAA.
03-10-2012 07:58 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(03-10-2012 07:43 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  73 threads about Temple leaving, finally one about something relevant. this is going to be a heck of game tonight, get your popcorn ready. go bobcats.

And CMU vs. EMU women today.

Today is hoops day in the MAC.
03-10-2012 07:59 AM
ksu sucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UA
(03-10-2012 07:43 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  73 threads about Temple leaving, finally one about something relevant.

+1
03-10-2012 08:05 AM
mbw264 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU/Akron
Akron has been good but not great for a while, I hope they can pull this one out and manage to steal a win in the first round of the NCAAs. One or two more wins by the Zips in the beginning of the season would have changed everything...I'm looking at you VCU game.
03-10-2012 08:13 AM
zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo
I'll root for OU since they've broken UB hearts yet again. I'd hate to see that all for nothing.
03-10-2012 08:15 AM
Advertisement

Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Hope Akron wins for a better NCAA seed. We could face either in the NIT. Seen Akron at the Mullins and would like to see Ohio make the visit.
03-10-2012 09:41 AM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2012 09:41 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Hope Akron wins for a better NCAA seed. We could face either in the NIT. Seen Akron at the Mullins and would like to see Ohio make the visit.

Ohio is 26-7 while Akron is 22-10.

Ohio was in the NCAA's two years ago and made it to the round of 32 with DJ Cooper at point. The school with the best chance at a better seed is clearly Ohio despite the mild RPI differential.
03-10-2012 11:31 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-10-2012 11:31 AM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 09:41 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Hope Akron wins for a better NCAA seed. We could face either in the NIT. Seen Akron at the Mullins and would like to see Ohio make the visit.

Ohio was in the NCAA's two years ago and made it to the round of 32 with DJ Cooper at point. The school with the best chance at a better seed is clearly Ohio despite the mild RPI differential.

Probably true.

What's scary to me is that Ohio returns all five starters next year!
03-10-2012 11:48 AM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(03-10-2012 11:48 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  

Probably true.

not only do we return all five starters, but we return EVERYONE on the team. there is not one senior to be found on this year's team! i hope we can live up to that potential next year. but first, there is tonight...BEAT AKRON!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012 12:29 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

Probably true.

Hopefully we can do something for the MAC next season like get you a second NCAA bid.

The schedule should be stronger in 2012-13. Bob Huggins the WVU coach wanted Ohio on the schedule this season but we didn't have room. He wants to play an annual series in Charleston, WV like they do with Marshall.

Incidentally, Huggins couldn't find any playing time as a fresh at Ohio U. and so transferred to WVU to get more minutes. In the 90's Ohio played yearly home-away with WVU following the hype of the Gary Trent years.
03-10-2012 12:29 PM
Advertisement

OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Ohio rpi 59 Akron 51. Ohio will also gets a boost in rpi from Marshall, Louisville and Lamar playing in title games today plus Akron which counts for three times. Ohio win and gets help from the other should puts us in the 40's. SOS will improve a lot as the weight of Akron's rpi plus Marshall, Louisville and Lamar. Ohio has the winning %....its the SOS which is killing our rpi. Without Tennessee Martin and Kennesaw state dragging down the non-conference numbers Ohio's SOS is improving fast with every Louisville and Marshall win. Marshall is now Ohio first top 50 win. California and Drexel don't have one of those. Can Ohio and Akron's SOS surge pull Kent State back into the final rpi numbers that inflates the record vs top 100. That makes a huge difference for Akron.
03-10-2012 12:31 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2012 12:29 PM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  

Probably true.

not only do we return all five starters, but we return EVERYONE on the team. there is not one senior to be found on this year's team! i hope we can live up to that potential next year. but first, there is tonight...BEAT AKRON!!!!!!!!!!

Its also worth noting that Ohio only has legitimately 11 scholarship guys on this years roster.

Next year the Ohio should be up to the maximum of 13 on scholarship and Groce will have the cupboard fully loaded for the first time. With the depth we already have and another 7 footer coming in it could be the most complete Bobcat team ever.
03-10-2012 12:36 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2012 12:31 PM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Ohio rpi 59 Akron 51. Ohio will also gets a boost in rpi from Marshall, Louisville and Lamar playing in title games today plus Akron which counts for three times. Ohio win and gets help from the other should puts us in the 40's. SOS will improve a lot as the weight of Akron's rpi plus Marshall, Louisville and Lamar. Ohio has the winning %....its the SOS which is killing our rpi. Without Tennessee Martin and Kennesaw state dragging down the non-conference numbers Ohio's SOS is improving fast with every Louisville and Marshall win. Marshall is now Ohio first top 50 win. California and Drexel don't have one of those. Can Ohio and Akron's SOS surge pull Kent State back into the final rpi numbers that inflates the record vs top 100. That makes a huge difference for Akron.

I couldn't see Akron drawing anything more than a 13 seed with a record of 23-10 out of the MAC even with an RPI in 40's.

Ohio has the potential to go higher if Marshall, Lamar and Louisville can get W's today.
03-10-2012 12:39 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
(03-10-2012 12:39 PM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 12:31 PM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Ohio rpi 59 Akron 51. Ohio will also gets a boost in rpi from Marshall, Louisville and Lamar playing in title games today plus Akron which counts for three times. Ohio win and gets help from the other should puts us in the 40's. SOS will improve a lot as the weight of Akron's rpi plus Marshall, Louisville and Lamar. Ohio has the winning %....its the SOS which is killing our rpi. Without Tennessee Martin and Kennesaw state dragging down the non-conference numbers Ohio's SOS is improving fast with every Louisville and Marshall win. Marshall is now Ohio first top 50 win. California and Drexel don't have one of those. Can Ohio and Akron's SOS surge pull Kent State back into the final rpi numbers that inflates the record vs top 100. That makes a huge difference for Akron.

I couldn't see Akron drawing anything more than a 13 seed with a record of 23-10 out of the MAC even with an RPI in 40's.

Ohio has the potential to go higher if Marshall, Lamar and Louisville can get W's today.

Akron played and beat Marshall too, so whatever they do to help Ohio they help Akron by the same amount.
03-10-2012 12:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.