Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Joe Paterno, 85, dies in State College
Bookmark and Share
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
Joe Paterno, 85, dies in State College
01-22-2012 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
RE: Joe Paterno, 85, dies in State College
Truly a sad day for anyone who loves college football.
01-22-2012 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
What a rough 2 months for Joe Pa.

I have to wonder how bad his health really was this past season. Two months is really quick though not completely unheard of.

My grandmother had intestinal cancer and then complications after she beat it but that has dragged out a year and now she's in a nursing home. It could be any day I suppose.

03-weeping
01-22-2012 11:58 AM
conaire Offline
1st String

I Root For: winners
God bless not only the winningest coach of all time but the most true model for a college football coach. The best !!!!
01-22-2012 12:21 PM
FORT MEIGS ROCKET Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UT BLUE & GOLD
(01-22-2012 12:21 PM)conaire Wrote:  God bless not only the winningest coach of all time but the most true model for a college football coach. The best !!!!

+1
R.I.P. - Joe Paterno
01-22-2012 12:55 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
Nice to seem rational posts here. The same thread on the NIU board is mostly sickening.
01-22-2012 01:41 PM
Advertisement

conaire Offline
1st String

(01-22-2012 01:41 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  Nice to seem rational posts here. The same thread on the NIU board is mostly sickening.

The fact is JoePa was told of Sandusky The next day went to the AD and the head of campus police and told them. He knew nothing of priors. The Board who controlled the ex employee, Sandusky, knew for 5 months and did nothing until the papers came out. They then fire JoePa for no reason. He told the F'n police of the ex BOT controlled employee. The BOT has now retained former Clinton lawyer Lanny Davis ( who's son Set sucks on CBS ) to protect them. The irony. From a big PSU supporter I'm disgusted and done with the school God bless JoePa !!!!!
01-22-2012 01:57 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Out of respect for still fresh and tragic news I don't want this thread to spin out of control, but we don't know of him not knowing of the priors. The timing of the 1st case and Joepa calling in Sandusky and telling him to retire while widely considered a mastermind and in his coaching prime says otherwise. At the very latest Joe found out about Sandusky back in 2009 and then when the Grand Jury started the latest case and Joe testified, yet he still hung on to his position and didn't think enough to retire before we all found out. He could have stepped down 2 offseasons ago if he truly felt how he said he felt after the rest of the world found out. He was stubborn and hung on there, hoping to last long enough for the record I presume. His stubborness is what helped make the BOTs decision all that much easier. They said they were obviously disappointed in his failure to see things through with the allegations, but also embarrassed he was leading the "we are Penn State" cheers on his front long with 1000s of people. The final straw was his passive aggressive powerplay of dictating to the BOT that they need not worry about him he'll step down when he found appropriate...they thought he was in no position to make any such claims and make their own minds up. They did not fire him, he was "relieved of duties" and continued his employment as the tenured professor he was. It truly is sad it all came down to this, he could of and should stepped aside on his own terms and enjoyed some of his golden years with family.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2012 02:42 PM by Polish Hammer.)
01-22-2012 02:39 PM
conaire Offline
1st String

[quote='Polish Hammer' pid='7455668' dateline='1327261198'Out of respect for still fresh and tragic news I don't want this thread to spin out of control, but we don't know of him not knowing of the priors. The timing of the 1st case and Joepa calling in Sandusky and telling him to retire while widely considered a mastermind and in his coaching prime says otherwise. At the very latest Joe found out about Sandusky back in 2009
[/quote]
I don't want to kill it either but too much from the media has created so called facts without accepting the real facts. He stated first found out about the multiplicity of Sanduskys acts in 2009. As stated still told the police from the initial act of McQuerrys incident. He acted properly. The BOT had the authority over Sandusky after he quit and the BOT gave him the office and access. JoePa did not. The BOT knew of the grand jury and left Sandusky there. JoePa did not gave any authority over Sandusky after he left football. The BOT, who has no moral authority at all, scapegoated the greatest piece of integrity PSU had and ever will. They looked like the Mayberry town council and acted with no more intellect. I supported Corbett and I know he got pushed into this issue but he needs to come clean and redo the BOT before they get trust. Irony is BOT axed JoePa wrongfully to save the integrity face but now they have been exposed as the frauds they are. You can say JoePa should have left earlier, don't necceserally disagree , but not for this ( maybe for his age). And he deserved to leave at his discretion. As for the BS media great to see Bill Lyons write a crap piece as Bill Conlin foams in Central America doing his pedophile thing as Lyons befriended him for decades.
01-22-2012 03:22 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Have you people lost your minds? If this happened in your work place would you glorify the former employee the way you are Joe Paterno? Look past the football and see that he had a HUGE character issue.
01-22-2012 06:00 PM
conaire Offline
1st String

(01-22-2012 06:00 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Have you people lost your minds? If this happened in your work place would you glorify the former employee the way you are Joe Paterno? Look past the football and see that he had a HUGE character issue.

We were warned u were coming. U have no clue what happened as Paterno is concerned. Sandusky and the BOT is completely different
01-22-2012 07:00 PM
Advertisement

Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

(01-22-2012 07:00 PM)conaire Wrote:  
(01-22-2012 06:00 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Have you people lost your minds? If this happened in your work place would you glorify the former employee the way you are Joe Paterno? Look past the football and see that he had a HUGE character issue.

We were warned u were coming. U have no clue what happened as Paterno is concerned. Sandusky and the BOT is completely different

Read the grand jury report.
01-22-2012 07:13 PM
conaire Offline
1st String

(01-22-2012 07:13 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  

Actually did read it. The facts actually. Thank god I'm a lawyer and was able to figure out the facts from opinions and it's pretty simple to understand JoePa told the campus police a day after the incident was relayed to him of the EX employee. Go figure ! The northeast media and BOT had it out for him. If you were around the area you would get that and understand that was tight and they scapegoated him. The BOT actually should be faulted as they allowed and granted this creep the exposed area!!
01-22-2012 08:46 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

(01-22-2012 08:46 PM)conaire Wrote:  
(01-22-2012 07:13 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  

Actually did read it. The facts actually. Thank god I'm a lawyer and was able to figure out the facts from opinions and it's pretty simple to understand JoePa told the campus police a day after the incident was relayed to him of the EX employee. Go figure ! The northeast media and BOT had it out for him. If you were around the area you would get that and understand that was tight and they scapegoated him. The BOT actually should be faulted as they allowed and granted this creep the exposed area!!

Do you honestly think he did enough? Would you have acted similar if you were told by an intern that they saw a fellow lawyer raping 10 year old boys in his office? Just tell your superior and let it be out of sight and out of mind. Would you continue to allow that fellow employee into your firm for 10 years, even after he is no longer an employee?

[Image: paterno-card.jpg]

Joe Paterno = Hypocrite
01-22-2012 09:11 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

The fact that you claim to have read the grand jury report and still support Paterno tells me not to call you for legal advise.
01-22-2012 09:12 PM
conaire Offline
1st String

(01-22-2012 09:12 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  The fact that you claim to have read the grand jury report and still support Paterno tells me not to call you for legal advise.
Probably would not be in your market
01-22-2012 10:12 PM
Advertisement

conaire Offline
1st String

(01-22-2012 09:12 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  The fact that you claim to have read the grand jury report and still support Paterno tells me not to call you for legal advise.

Read what McQuerry told him. You like many JoePa haters make up sh@t. What did McQueery tell him ? Nothing like you suggest. Anyway he then went to the campus police the next day. McQueery was more graphic with them who failed with BOT later. Read the report yourself before taking the espn cliff notes. JoePa had no reason to believe anything but horsing around as any 75 yrs old guy would as it was explained to him by the grad asst about a PSU employee not under his control. Bigman next time don't come to a gunfight with a stick. God bless JoePa !!!!
01-22-2012 10:26 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
(01-22-2012 10:26 PM)conaire Wrote:  

Read what McQuerry told him. You like many JoePa haters make up sh@t. What did McQueery tell him ? Nothing like you suggest. Anyway he then went to the campus police the next day. McQueery was more graphic with them who failed with BOT later. Read the report yourself before taking the espn cliff notes. JoePa had no reason to believe anything but horsing around as any 75 yrs old guy would as it was explained to him by the grad asst about a PSU employee not under his control. Bigman next time don't come to a gunfight with a stick. God bless JoePa !!!!

You're out of your league in a thread like this. People don't want to listen to facts, they want to make assumptions, place blame and have a convenient scapegoat.
01-22-2012 10:50 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Either a scapegoat, or they want to make him a saint. He was human. He had failings. He had great accomplishments on the football field and in many people's lives. But he also knew he didn't do enough in this case, for whatever reason. He didn't see, didn't want to see, or ignored something he may not have understood. It's very sad, but it will always be part of his story along with the greatness.
01-22-2012 10:59 PM
conaire Offline
1st String

Ax I appreciate what you are saying but I think he said that if he knew now what he knows he should've done more. He didn't know of this creeps behavior And I'm not sure I'm taking everything in it's totality with his health issues the past few months and his age. Judging from the actions when he was 75 I don't see how he could've done more He didn't know of Sanduskys behavior other than a vague report from the Grad asst of the ex employee granted privileges from the BOT. Perhaps a younger guy may have seen more signs but a 75 yrs old conservative individual may have been naive towards this behavior and reported it to campus police and the AD accepting they would handle it .
You are right that the tainted reporting will taint his legacy. God forbid the press accept responsibility and make it right with properly investigating. The press knew nothing when they prosecuted him out of the gate. Day 2 after the leak they prosecuted JoePa and the BOT ran scared and fired him knowing little. Without any real investigation
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2012 11:22 PM by conaire.)
01-22-2012 11:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.