Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The winners and losers of MAC re-alignment
Bookmark and Share
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
RE: The winners and losers of MAC re-alignment
(01-11-2012 02:39 PM)LastMinuteman Wrote:  UMass's cutoff point for driving vs. flying is 6 hours, at least for the high profile sports. The non-revenue sports probably go further. We might stretch for Buffalo once every two years, but never Kent/Akron. Those are flights.

Thanks for the input.

Ohio will bus its football team anywhere to save a couple of bucks. I heard that we bussed to Wyoming a few years ago.

I don't think any of the MAC schools are going to gamble on the football alliance just yet. If the alliance is successful signing a big TV contract and landing some nice bowl games that might be a different story.

Temple may be heading to the Big East soon and UMass might be in the Big East within 5 years once UConn leaves. There is no point in changing conferences too often (like TCU) when the end destination is the BE.
01-11-2012 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.