Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

THREE C-USA teams ranked ahead of the HIGHEST ranked BE team in BCS poll
BlazerUnit Offline
Yeah, I Just Did That

I Root For: Key & Peele
RE: THREE C-USA teams ranked ahead of the HIGHEST ranked BE team in BCS poll
(11-13-2011 06:54 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  Too bad it seems everybody's too short sighted to stay where they are. Banowsky screwed his own league settling for a weak a$$ TV deal for CUSA. That's enough reason for CUSA teams to jump. Sad but that's the only legitimate long term reason to go to the BE.

I have watched more Saturday games involving a C-USA team on Fox Sports South and SportSouth than I ever remember seeing on any ESPN channel or platform.

Please, educate your brain or shut your trap.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 04:47 PM by BlazerUnit.)
11-14-2011 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(11-14-2011 02:50 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  Big east does suck, but add Houston, SMU, UCF, Boise and possibly BYU and now you have a great league that is leaps and bounds ahead of CUSA/MWC alliance.

the only team that is doing good of those teams you mention is Houston. Cusa > little east > new itty bitty east
11-14-2011 03:25 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Does it really matter?

The Big East is now New CUSA. Only 2 members are left that aren't CUSA alumni.

Original Members

-Rutgers
-Uconn

CUSA schools

-Louisville
-USF
-Cincy
-Houston
-SMU
-UCF

MWC

-BSU

Heck, I'm even willing to bet that when BYU and all the service academies say "no" then they will consider bringing in ECU too, maybe even USM.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 03:35 PM by 10thMountain.)
11-14-2011 03:34 PM
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(11-14-2011 03:25 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(11-14-2011 02:50 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  Big east does suck, but add Houston, SMU, UCF, Boise and possibly BYU and now you have a great league that is leaps and bounds ahead of CUSA/MWC alliance.

the only team that is doing good of those teams you mention is Houston. Cusa > little east > new itty bitty east

Boise isn't doing good? By the same standards, the only team doing good in cusa is USM (assuming Houston leaves for the big east). Not sure what your point is?
11-14-2011 04:01 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(11-14-2011 04:01 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  

Boise isn't doing good? By the same standards, the only team doing good in cusa is USM (assuming Houston leaves for the big east). Not sure what your point is?

I was talking about the cusa schools, but you can ride the boise state coat tail if you want. By the way Tulsa, is good.
11-14-2011 04:21 PM
BlazerUnit Offline
Yeah, I Just Did That

I Root For: Key & Peele
(11-13-2011 07:28 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  The Big East is much more competitive than C-USA. Syracuse one of if not the worst team in the league, blew out West Virginia and could make a bowl. EVERY Big East team could make a bowl this season. The Big East the past 3 seasons, has been the most competitive and deepest conference.

Big East standings... 1/8 teams under .500

Cincinnati, 7-2
Rutgers, 7-3
West Virginia, 7-3
Louisville, 5-5
Pittsburgh, 5-5
Connecticut, 4-5
South Florida, 5-4
Syracuse, 5-5

C-USA standings... 7/12 teams under .500

Houston, 10-0
Southern Miss, 9-1
Tulsa, 7-3
SMU, 6-4
UTEP, 5-5
ECU, 4-6
Marshall, 4-6
UCF, 4-6
Rice, 3-7
UAB, 2-8
Memphis, 2-8
Tulane, 2-9

Pretty obvious which conference is better...

The conference with four bowl eligible teams at this point versus the one with only three, perhaps? 05-stirthepot

You talk about the the Big East's competitiveness in three seasons, but explicitly point to the results of one unfinished 2011 season--but that's okay. Let's use 2011.

C-USA, as constructed, actually has twelve teams. If the Big East ever got to 12 teams, it might have standings fairly similar to what C-USA has now, including a few cellar teams. Of course, that's also assuming it would have its two highest ranked teams* play well enough to share only one collective loss, or have its three highest ranked teams with only four losses. Let's look at other conferences with at least twelve members:

The SEC's top two ranked teams share one loss--they played each other almost two weeks ago. It's top three? Just two losses.

The Pac-12's top two? Two losses. Top three? Four losses.

The ACC's top two? Two losses. Top three? Five losses.

The Big Ten's top two? Four losses. Top three? Six losses.

The MAC's top two? Six losses. Top three? Ten losses.

(Now, let's look at teams that have no divisions.)

The Big 12's top two? One loss. Top three? Three losses.

The Mountain West's top two? Three losses. Top three? Six losses.

The Big East's top two? Five losses. Top three? Eight losses.

The Sun Belt's top two? Five losses. Top three? Ten losses.

The WAC's top two? Seven losses. Top three? Twelve losses.

Top two independent schools (of four)? Notre Dame and BYU have six losses.

So, to recap: Using OrangeCrush's own measure of wins and losses amongst the conferences, the best of C-USA has performed better than the best of the Big East in 2011.

(*BCS rankings as of 11/14/2011)
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 05:04 PM by BlazerUnit.)
11-14-2011 04:43 PM
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2011 04:21 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  

I was talking about the cusa schools, but you can ride the boise state coat tail if you want. By the way Tulsa, is good.

I'll ride Boise's coattails to an AQ Big east, you can ride Tulsa's coattails to a non-AQ alliance. 04-cheers
11-14-2011 05:12 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(11-14-2011 05:12 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  

I'll ride Boise's coattails to an AQ Big east, you can ride Tulsa's coattails to a non-AQ alliance. 04-cheers

that would be all fine and dandy, but does the itty bitty east have AQ after all this? and does boise join the itty bitty east?

04-cheers
11-14-2011 05:16 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

So when does this happen? Why have you not already accepted your invite that you are getting even if Boise does not come? What is taking so long? How do you guys know all of this? Why will no one answer these questions? Why will this reply be totally ignored?
11-14-2011 05:19 PM
Dub591 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SEC, ACC
So, whenever, in the next two years, Houston and Boise show up without their prodigy quarterbacks and receivers, will the BE still be as anxious to receive them?
11-14-2011 05:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2011 05:19 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

So when does this happen? Why have you not already accepted your invite that you are getting even if Boise does not come? What is taking so long? How do you guys know all of this? Why will no one answer these questions? Why will this reply be totally ignored?

Mustard Buzzard fan, I think we all know how slow the big east works. If you do not believe any of this will happen, then why do all USM fans incessently compare CUSA and Big East while at the same time begging UCF, UH, and SMU fans to reconsider joining?
11-14-2011 05:30 PM
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2011 05:16 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(11-14-2011 03:25 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  the only team that is doing good of those teams you mention is Houston. Cusa > little east > new itty bitty east

that would be all fine and dandy, but does the itty bitty east have AQ after all this? and does boise join the itty bitty east?

04-cheers

Yes and Yes.
11-14-2011 05:30 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(11-14-2011 05:30 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  
(11-14-2011 05:16 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(11-14-2011 04:01 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  Boise isn't doing good? By the same standards, the only team doing good in cusa is USM (assuming Houston leaves for the big east). Not sure what your point is?

04-cheers

Yes and Yes.

how so, on both questions?
11-14-2011 05:38 PM
Dorrej Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
All this speculation being presented as fact makes me feel like I'm watching ancient aliens on the History Channel
11-14-2011 06:04 PM
WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:

So you're saying BYU is what's going to make the b-e "leaps and bounds ahead of the CUSA/MWC alliance"? Gotta be what you mean since all other teams mentioned are ALREADY IN either the MWC or CUSA?

I understand the basketball side of things, but neither BYU nor Boise stand to get that benefit so it's not part of their considerations. Plus, that benefit simply goes away for the defectors if ul and cinci wind up in the big 12 and uconn goes to the acc ----
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 06:22 PM by WinOrLoseEAGLE.)
11-14-2011 06:19 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2011 05:30 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  

Mustard Buzzard fan, I think we all know how slow the big east works. If you do not believe any of this will happen, then why do all USM fans incessently compare CUSA and Big East while at the same time begging UCF, UH, and SMU fans to reconsider joining?

Not all do. You have not seen me posting that crap. I believe we will be just fine after whatever happens. However let it be known to those so quick to vomit their guts out all over those of us "left behind" and raise yourself to heights not yet gained, you will be reminded of your pompassness for the rest of time if your dreams of leaving this conference doesn't materialize as you believe it is most certainly going to. Remember, pride is a tough pill to swallow.
11-14-2011 06:35 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

Still no answers. You guys are so sure of things. You all seem to know. Take a crack at an answer. I need to be educated with a thoughtfull precise answer. So..........
11-14-2011 06:39 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
Big East needs CUSA and MWC teams to survive (and even those invited aren't so sure)..... Sounds like a hybrid of the alliance to me...

3 mules standing next to each other, but one thinks it's a horse.
11-14-2011 07:01 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-14-2011 07:01 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  Big East needs CUSA and MWC teams to survive (and even those invited aren't so sure)..... Sounds like a hybrid of the alliance to me...

3 mules standing next to each other, but one thinks it's a horse.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-14-2011 07:41 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

UCFmike
How do you know all of this is going to happen just as you predict? Do you know things the rest of us don't or do you just read all of the message board rumors? No flame really, just want to know. Alot of fans on these boards seem to be privy to alot of inside info. I don't know what will happen but, if you could just tell me all the facts now, I wouldn't have to read these rumors any longer. I'm waiting........
11-14-2011 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.