Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Welcome UCF, SMU, UH, Boise, AFA, and hopefully Navy fans!
oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Welcome UCF, SMU, UH, Boise, AFA, and hopefully Navy fans!
(10-16-2011 08:23 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(10-16-2011 08:18 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  I think they were about 18,000 fans at the SMU game to watch their 4-1 ballclub take on the defending C-USA champs UCF.

Have fun watching your teams play in front of nobody down there. I hope the Big East implodes ASAP :).

Wow all the love from ecu and uab fans. I understand ecu fans frustrations but the be will survive

Maybe it's because expansion seems to be based over everything except things we can actually accurately measure?

Looking at on the field performance
ECU is ahead of most mentioned
Attendance ECU is ahead of all mentioned
Geography ECU is ahead of all except MAYBE UCF
10-16-2011 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(10-16-2011 08:18 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  I think they were about 18,000 fans at the SMU game to watch their 4-1 ballclub take on the defending C-USA champs UCF.

Have fun watching your teams play in front of nobody down there. I hope the Big East implodes ASAP :).

I sense jealousy, frustration, and a definite sadistic streak.

The attendance was 22,900+. It will pick up with better schools coming to Dallas. It may take some time to get the city to believe.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 09:13 AM by UConn-SMU.)
10-16-2011 09:10 AM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
The best way for ECU to get in a better conference is not not get wasted 56-3 during realignment week.

I'm happy as hell to be in the Big East. Better schools, better programs, more knowledgeable fans, better recruiting, better basketball...

BTW - I know most of you have little interest in CUSA but we have a nasty rumble coming up with SMU. It will decide the western side of the conference for the championship game. It will be an entertaining game. Take a gander at it if you get the chance.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 09:20 AM by Cooglius Caeser.)
10-16-2011 09:16 AM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

(10-16-2011 09:16 AM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  The best way for ECU to get in a better conference is not not get wasted 56-3 during realignment week.

I'm happy as hell to be in the Big East. Better schools, better programs, more knowledgeable fans, better recruiting, better basketball...

BTW - I know most of you have little interest in CUSA but we have a nasty rumble coming up with SMU. It will decide the western side of the conference for the championship game. It will be an entertaining game. Take a gander at it if you get the chance.

We've more than held our own against Houston over the years.
10-16-2011 09:47 AM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

(10-16-2011 09:47 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  
(10-16-2011 09:16 AM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  The best way for ECU to get in a better conference is not not get wasted 56-3 during realignment week.

We've more than held our own against Houston over the years.

My point was that a lot of opportunity in life is being in the right place at the right time. Having a bad season when realignment takes place is probably not beneficial.

I don't have anything against ECU. Folks in the Carolinas are and always have been very nice and accommodating when we visit. I don't wish anything bad on any of you. And I think you'll do just fine ater a few winning seasons and some trips back into the top 25. There's no reason why you can't get invited later.
10-16-2011 10:31 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I wouldnt mind ECU in the league, but unfortunately for them the league seems to be looking at other factors for expansion, whether is right or wrong, none of the fans on this site have control over that and with that said we will wish for success of our league with whoever it adds.
10-16-2011 10:39 AM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

On the plus side it should be even easier for ECU to dominate CUSA now.
10-16-2011 10:47 AM
Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(10-15-2011 12:49 AM)willhclark Wrote:  Not a done deal yet but thanks

Yep not a done deal, but I am optimistic. Very glad to play USF regardless whether they will acknowledge.
10-16-2011 01:23 PM
Pony Junk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SMU
Thanks for the welcome cant wait to get Y`All on the feild
10-16-2011 01:32 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(10-16-2011 09:10 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

I sense jealousy, frustration, and a definite sadistic streak.

The attendance was 22,900+. It will pick up with better schools coming to Dallas. It may take some time to get the city to believe.

I think it is hard for people living in Dallas, who don't have any connection with SMU, to like SMU. In DFW, SMU and those associated with SMU are thought of as elitists.
10-16-2011 01:40 PM
OwlsExaminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: Temple
(10-16-2011 10:47 AM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  On the plus side it should be even easier for ECU to dominate CUSA now.

ECU edged out Memphis last night after losing the first half.
10-16-2011 01:42 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
I was wondering about that attendance in Dallas yesterday. I had the game on, and it looked absolutely terrible. The endzones were completely empty, and the sides looked about 40% full at best. How does SMU draw usually? I want SMU in so we get more BE action here in Texas, but I was a little surprised how yesterday looked. Was yesterday typical?
10-16-2011 02:56 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
ECU guys... I'm also very surprised we're not seeing your name mentioned in this round. It's pretty clear though that the league is looking at huge markets (philly, Hou, Dallas, Orl), huge AQ points (Boise) and cache service academies at this point... Totally agree though, there should be a place for you.

Realize that this is by no means over. Even if all these teams come onboard now, at some point either the B10, SEC or B12 will steal more teams. I have to believe you're in at that point. Hopefully these teams come onboard now, we keep AQ past 2013 (which seems like a lock to me). I bet we see you sometime between 2014-16.
10-16-2011 03:05 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(10-16-2011 01:42 PM)OwlsExaminer Wrote:  
(10-16-2011 10:47 AM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  On the plus side it should be even easier for ECU to dominate CUSA now.

Edged out???? Beat them by 18 with them getting late score with back-ups in the game. Take a look at the box score....Total domination. Not saying much anyway as they are absolutely terrible.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 03:08 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
10-16-2011 03:05 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(10-16-2011 02:56 PM)Bull Wrote:  I was wondering about that attendance in Dallas yesterday. I had the game on, and it looked absolutely terrible. The endzones were completely empty, and the sides looked about 40% full at best. How does SMU draw usually? I want SMU in so we get more BE action here in Texas, but I was a little surprised how yesterday looked. Was yesterday typical?

Actually yesterday was better than it usually is for SMU as far as attendance goes.
10-16-2011 03:08 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(10-16-2011 01:40 PM)MeanGreenFan123 Wrote:  I think it is hard for people living in Dallas, who don't have any connection with SMU, to like SMU. In DFW, SMU and those associated with SMU are thought of as elitists.

Nothing wrong with a little pride. Sure as hell wish there was a lot more of that at my Alma Mater.
10-16-2011 05:51 PM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
If Navy and/or AFA turn it down, then I hope we look at ECU. As a Louisville fan, I was hoping a bit for the Big XII, but I would be ok with the new additions as long as we kept our AQ.
10-16-2011 08:00 PM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
Umm You should wait to post because we might not get all these teams...You called it though.
10-17-2011 02:08 AM
Oh Really? Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2011 01:42 PM)OwlsExaminer Wrote:  

37-17..... ECU fumbled in the fourth Q or it would have been 44-10.
10-17-2011 02:24 AM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm going to wait until everything is set in stone.
10-17-2011 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.