Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Falling Skies on TNT
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
RE: OT: Falling Skies on TNT
the original V from the 80's was a masterpiece of its time (the two mini-series, not so much the episodes that followed), and I'm still obsessed with it. After that, Falling Skies is my favorite alien invasion television production.
07-23-2012 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Holy hell. The overlord is Palpatinevil. We're back to the original question. Why are they here???? Task????
07-23-2012 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
I know some of you had to think of Stargate SG1 and the Replicators when those little metal-eating spider creatures showed up. I was waiting for Teal'c to step in and blast them.
07-23-2012 10:35 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-23-2012 10:07 PM)panama Wrote:  Holy hell. The overlord is Palpatinevil. We're back to the original question. Why are they here???? Task????

The strange thing is, its almost like they need the 2nd mass. They have made it very clear several times this season that they could nuke them if they wanted.

Why leave Ben alive? If he is the primary force behind the skitter rebellion, wny not just off him and get it over with.

Plus, what on earth is with these wierd attempts to try and get the humans agree to peace? If you've killed 90 percent of the Worlds population, why try and make peace with the few million or so that are left?
07-23-2012 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(07-23-2012 10:35 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  I know some of you had to think of Stargate SG1 and the Replicators when those little metal-eating spider creatures showed up. I was waiting for Teal'c to step in and blast them.

The difference being that we never actually saw the replicators eat anyone alive (just heard it) and there is something spookier are these being actual bugs.
07-24-2012 05:22 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-24-2012 05:22 AM)panama Wrote:  
(07-23-2012 10:35 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  I know some of you had to think of Stargate SG1 and the Replicators when those little metal-eating spider creatures showed up. I was waiting for Teal'c to step in and blast them.

The difference being that we never actually saw the replicators eat anyone alive (just heard it) and there is something spookier are these being actual bugs.

That was by far the most gruesome death of the series to this point...

A couple hours after the episode aired, I found a spider crawling up my living room wall... I had to resist the urge to shoot the thing rather then smushing it with a shoe...
07-24-2012 08:31 PM
panama Offline
Legend

LOL!

My wife called me into the bathroom to kill a "strange" bug. Almost went and got a machete.
07-24-2012 08:55 PM
chiefsfan Offline

No episode this Sunday...although they will be running a Falling Skies marathon all afternoon. This is a chance to catch up on anything you may have missed...
07-29-2012 01:04 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(07-29-2012 01:04 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  No episode this Sunday...although they will be running a Falling Skies marathon all afternoon. This is a chance to catch up on anything you may have missed...

Damn. I missed it. Just when I thought I'd have a chance to catch up on those that I'd not been able to see...
07-30-2012 03:10 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

has anyone else noticed that they have kind of gotten away from the "new ammo" Pope created that could punch through Mech armor? What happened to that story niche?
07-30-2012 05:01 PM
panama Offline
Legend

What happened to the Mechs? Other than the episode where Karen had them surrounding the hospital they have been missing in action. Also has anyone seen Jessy Schram who plays Karen in the new commercial for Last Resort this fall. I wonder what that means for her character...
07-30-2012 05:16 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(07-30-2012 05:16 PM)panama Wrote:  I wonder what that means for her character...

hopefully Weaver puts a bullet in her head.
07-30-2012 05:45 PM
panama Offline
Legend

By the way, that Last Resort show looks like just the type of show that would be a hit on TNT or FX or even USA but that will bite the dust on network TV
07-30-2012 05:52 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I'm a little interested in NBC's new show "Revolution."
07-30-2012 06:06 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I was until I realized it wasnt aliens but rather some magic amulet. Meh
07-30-2012 06:12 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

oh really? dang that's stupid.
07-30-2012 06:48 PM
panama Offline
Legend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)

Quote:Setting

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon permanently disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines & jet turbines and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves.

Looks like they changed the wiki page to remove the references to magic. Will be interesting to see what the explanation is for the inability to generate electricity anywhere except in animals and humans. ;P
07-30-2012 07:35 PM
panama Offline
Legend

08-01-2012 09:55 AM
chiefsfan Offline

New Episode tonight at 8. They run across several De-harnassed kids apparently.

TNT has been billing the final 3 episodes as "The Truth will be Revealed." As to what that truth is, do we know what the aliens are after, or is the Rebellion real? Who knows.

Then after the truth is revealed, we have to wait 10 months for season 3... WOOO Television!
08-05-2012 05:41 PM
panama Offline
Legend

Rebellion Real

Charleston is not
08-05-2012 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.