05-20-2011 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: The Name Calling Crisis In The Sun Belt
(05-20-2011 09:49 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Denton Record-Chronicle Mean Green Blog
http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archiv...n-the.html

So little Brett thinks we should use the name that people recognized because the media doesn't know who is Louisiana? Of course he completely ignores the point of the article, and that was about the Sun Belt commissioner's willingness to accomodate every conference members wishes in the branding their athletics with the exception of the Cajuns.

We get it Brett, it's more important for us to bend to the media's wishes then to freely brand our athletic program as we see fit. How dare we ask the Sun Belt Conference to honor our request when it has done so for every other SBC program.

03-puke
05-20-2011 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
I'm so tired of this sh*t. The other point of this blog is if people would call the school LA, then eventually it would catch on Ohio U is known as Ohio, I'm sure some people get it confused with Ohio State, but not that often.
05-20-2011 10:33 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
This crap needs its own folder. And every thread hi-jacked by it should be closed.

We can't do anything about here; so take it to your State Legislature and your own message board and leave us alone already. geez.
05-20-2011 10:40 AM

CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-20-2011 10:40 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  This crap needs its own folder. And every thread hi-jacked by it should be closed.

We can't do anything about here; so take it to your State Legislature and your own message board and leave us alone already. geez.

As long as UL is part of the SBC, it will be part of the discussion. If you choose not to discuss it or participate, then fine. If you don't like it, then take your own advice and stuff it!04-rock
05-20-2011 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFan Offline
All American

(05-20-2011 10:58 AM)CajunT Wrote:  
(05-20-2011 10:40 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  This crap needs its own folder. And every thread hi-jacked by it should be closed.
As long as UL is part of the SBC, it will be part of the discussion. If you choose not to discuss it or participate, then fine. If you don't like it, then take your own advice and stuff it! 03-melodramatic

Every other thread is moving along and then bang, someone takes offense to a UL abbreviation and the whole thing comes to a grinding halt. It's indiscriminate, we have no choice whether to participate or not, completely unrelated topics are constantly hi-jakced.

You guys need to get over it when you come over here. We've heard it all before, a thousand times.
05-20-2011 11:21 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
Cardinal Lantern Corps

I Root For: TROY
[Image: c9411fe8-5deb-462e-ac57-cd445cb4f526.jpg]
05-20-2011 11:35 AM

CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-20-2011 11:21 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
As long as UL is part of the SBC, it will be part of the discussion. If you choose not to discuss it or participate, then fine. If you don't like it, then take your own advice and stuff it! 03-melodramatic

Every other thread is moving along and then bang, someone takes offense to a UL abbreviation and the whole thing comes to a grinding halt. It's indiscriminate, we have no choice whether to participate or not, completely unrelated topics are constantly hi-jakced.

You guys need to get over it when you come over here. We've heard it all before, a thousand times.

Okay, fair enough. I will take your suggestion under advisement.
05-20-2011 11:36 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Do you really think we want to talk about it?

This thread wasn't started by us it was the NT bloggers response to Jay Walker.

Let's continue to ignore this and other unrelated examples of double standards coming out of the SBC office. It will do wonders for in- conference relations.
05-20-2011 11:37 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(05-20-2011 11:36 AM)CajunT Wrote:  
(05-20-2011 11:21 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  

Okay, fair enough. I will take your suggestion under advisement.

Much appreciated.
05-20-2011 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.