Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama game
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
RE: Alabama game
(06-19-2011 12:21 AM)naeskent77 Wrote:  I know there are not many students on campus and everything, but I think Kent should do something for this game. Saban is a golden flash, and they are doing us a favor with this paycheck. The least we could do is try to get some money together and present a check to them before the game or at halftime. I've read the story on that tornado in Sports Illustrated multiple times and everytime I feel I want to be down there helping rebuild or with something. I know the athletic department has zero money to spare, but something should be given.

That would be a nice gesture though I too wonder where we would find that money.
06-19-2011 02:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
(06-19-2011 12:21 AM)naeskent77 Wrote:  I know there are not many students on campus and everything, but I think Kent should do something for this game. Saban is a golden flash, and they are doing us a favor with this paycheck. The least we could do is try to get some money together and present a check to them before the game or at halftime. I've read the story on that tornado in Sports Illustrated multiple times and everytime I feel I want to be down there helping rebuild or with something. I know the athletic department has zero money to spare, but something should be given.

I agree, no matter what the amount would be, it would be a very nice gesture.
06-19-2011 08:09 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
What if we don't take the full payday that was promised?
06-20-2011 07:50 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(06-20-2011 07:50 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  What if we don't take the full payday that was promised?

Better if you essentially do it by just giving them a check for how much you want to give and the money gained from Alabama just fills that hole. It gives the illusion that we are giving money rather than just not taking as much. Plus the money we don't take from Alabama is unlikely to go into anything outside of football funds whereas if we give money we can say where it goes.
06-20-2011 08:30 PM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: .
Thanks for all of the thoughts on helping those in Tuscaloosa. One idea is to purchase these shirts and wear them to the game with your other KSU gear.

http://www.t-townneverdown.com/
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 03:32 PM by MobileBama.)
06-27-2011 09:22 AM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

Not sure if any of you guys are country music fans but the band Alabama will be playing Friday night before the game. It will be the first time the band has played together in 7 years.

Alabama Benefit Concert
08-01-2011 03:37 PM
tidehawk Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Alabama
(05-24-2011 09:15 AM)MobileBama Wrote:  
(05-23-2011 08:49 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  UAT never thought they would lose to ULM and Louisiana tech twice, (three times if you count forfeited games...LOL) Houston would have beaten them without the SEC officials help. When the game is close look for some head scratching calls or worse "no calls" from the officials to keep you down.

Attalla, what's your problem? I started this thread to help out the Kent State fans who are making the trip. It was all positive and had nothing to do with UAB.

Agreed, MobileBama - I do believe Attalla has a classic case of "little brother syndrome" - he sounds like a barner to me. Also, I can not believe that Attalla is an administrator - he would never make it on Tidefans.com.
08-13-2011 08:22 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(08-01-2011 03:37 PM)MobileBama Wrote:  Not sure if any of you guys are country music fans but the band Alabama will be playing Friday night before the game. It will be the first time the band has played together in 7 years.

Alabama Benefit Concert

I'm not a country music fan, but that is pretty big for Alabama (the band).
08-13-2011 04:25 PM
MrsT358 Offline
Water Engineer

We are travelling down for the game from PA and appreciate the food/bar recommendations. Looking for some insight on where to park for the game. Is there anyway someone can recommend what lot to park in?
08-15-2011 03:53 PM
tidehawk Offline
Water Engineer

(08-15-2011 03:53 PM)MrsT358 Wrote:  We are travelling down for the game from PA and appreciate the food/bar recommendations. Looking for some insight on where to park for the game. Is there anyway someone can recommend what lot to park in?

As far as parking, University Mall on McFarland has a shuttle that runs on a regular basis 2-3 hours before the game and afterwards as well. Would not recommend trying to park close to the stadium - tight quarters and really no good place if you don't know people.
08-15-2011 05:46 PM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

(08-15-2011 03:53 PM)MrsT358 Wrote:  Is there anyway someone can recommend what lot to park in?

I would try the lot across from the soccer field. It will fill up quickly though.

Here's a parking map. As you can see, there's not many open car lots. Most are reserved for season ticket holders.

http://www.uagameday.com/football/docume...me_002.pdf
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 01:50 PM by MobileBama.)
08-19-2011 01:49 PM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I'd try and be in the stadium about 45 minutes before kickoff to watch all of the festivities.

Bring sunscreen, sun glasses, hats, towels, shorts, etc. because your section will be in the sun all day. Also buy a few extra bottles of water and keep at your seat b/c Bryant Denny Stadium is notorious for running out of bottled water.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 01:53 PM by MobileBama.)
08-19-2011 01:52 PM
akaPegLeg Offline
Water Engineer

Wow, MobileBama has given some great info and with pics. I couldn't disagree with any of his recommendations. On parking, you might want to check out Central High School. Short walk, about 3 blocks, easy in and out to I-359. Or Game Day (which Mobile linked) encourages parking at the City Deck downtown. Shuttle service available, but within a nice stretch of the legs if the shuttle is late.

For those worrying about doing something for the city of Tuscaloosa, for the tornado....when I was surfing last week for reports of Kent St., I ran into something, I think from the official site that said they were taking donations for Tusc. tornado victims. Don't exactly remember, although I know I posted a link to it on a 'Bama site. But every $1 is appreciated by the victims. If you come down, you will probably see blank spots in the landscape. It still surprises me. I didn't know we had so many trees that I would miss. But Tuscaloosa will recover.

I'm just sorry that your team will be here in Sept. I wish it was Oct. or Nov. The heat is brutal right now.

And for those making the trip, 98% of Tide fans will welcome you into to their tailgate party and have a good time talking to you. The other 2%, we won't claim. :)

Look forward to seeing you.

Peg
08-22-2011 08:54 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Anyone besides me alarmed by the QB situation behind Keith? If Keith goes down it's, "Whoa, Nelly!" "Katie, bar the door!"
08-28-2011 02:17 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
I really liked what I saw from McCloud last year in the spring game so I wasn't alarmed. However, according to the paper today he may be ineligible! So count me as alarmed. Battles wasn’t mentioned in the article but he’s still listed as a QB on the roster. Maybe giving him some plays in a wildcat type set against Alabama would be a good way of trying to preserve Keith.
08-28-2011 02:55 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Anti-Zip, it was noted during the Kent Insider radio program the other day that Battles has been switched to RB. Of course, especially if McCloud is not eligible, they can always switch him back. Too bad Morgan opted not to participate in his 5th year.
08-28-2011 06:09 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Thanks Kent 76, I didn't know that. He's probably more of a RB anyway so it makes sense. Dave mentioned in his article today that Hazel doesn't want to throw out a Fr. QB at any point against Bama so letting Battles run a few draws and hand a few off might be the best way to limit the hits Keith takes.
08-28-2011 09:35 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Uh-oh.
08-29-2011 06:17 AM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Agree. IF Keith should get hurt, I imagine Battles would take the snaps if McLeod can't play.
08-29-2011 06:30 AM
40th Alabama Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BAMA
(08-28-2011 06:09 PM)Kent 76 Wrote:  Anti-Zip, it was noted during the Kent Insider radio program the other day that Battles has been switched to RB. Of course, especially if McCloud is not eligible, they can always switch him back. Too bad Morgan opted not to participate in his 5th year.

Can someone give us a rundown on the team-strengths, weaknesses, who to watch? I have not seen one article on Kent State. Looking forward to Saturday in Denny Stadium!
08-29-2011 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.