Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2012 Recruiting Thread
Bookmark and Share
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
RE: 2012 Recruiting Thread
(01-25-2012 04:29 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(01-25-2012 04:18 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Off the subject first, great discussion on this recruting board over the last several days everyone! Excellent job working as a team to keep everyone updated on the latest news as we get close to signing day. Kudos to everybody for their efforts.

OK down to business, are we one of his two finalists? I was really hoping we had a shot with this kid considering a friend of his is coming here and they could be a package deal. He would be a great asset adding to our pipeline of Florida receivers: Lewis, and Sebastiano.

Wonder if we will get the Texas pipeline going again? I've heard nothing coming out of there at all this year. Are we recruiting down there?
I have seen NOTHING from TX.

It's been the San Antonio area and mostly WRs. Maybe that's something NIU wants to downplay right now or can really no longer trumpet.
01-25-2012 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
Speaking of Olineman who would be a good replacement if Myers goes to Wisky

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...JvmF1IPZB4

Nebraska's top lineman, can't believe he'd rather play at an FCS program than NIU.
01-25-2012 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

(01-25-2012 04:47 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  Speaking of Olineman who would be a good replacement if Myers goes to Wisky

Nebraska's top lineman, can't believe he'd rather play at an FCS program than NIU.

I heard that one left the Kansas program, let's pick him up.
01-25-2012 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldHusky Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
One prospect to watch is DaeShaun Hurley. Soft verbal to Ball State, with NIU and UofI being his other offers. QB in high school and will project to be safety/corner in college.

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8...id=5693238
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ley-117478
01-25-2012 04:57 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

(01-25-2012 03:15 PM)OldHusky Wrote:  The rumor is that Charlie Miller is goning to Vandy.

Charlie Miller to Vanderbilt
http://www.theringer.com/forums/vanderbi...rbilt.html

Not many players can come in and put up big numbers in highly competitive Florida 8A in their first year of football. That’s exactly what Charlie Miler did in his senior season. The fast-rising 5-foot-11, 185-pound wide receiver has seven scholarship offers, but has trimmed his choices to two schools. Miller talks about the schools and much more with VandyMania.com...

http://vanderbilt.scout.com/a.z?s=189&p=...51579.html

If so that sucks. Would have been a great addition.

He hasn't taken his visit yet. So I would bet that this is just speculation and rumor. He still lists NIU as "High" interest and in his top 3.

Fingers crossed.
01-25-2012 05:01 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(01-25-2012 04:47 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  Speaking of Olineman who would be a good replacement if Myers goes to Wisky

he turned down Iowa - Kansas _ FIU and you think he is still in play? Really?
01-25-2012 08:41 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
The Shoff kid tore his ACL his junior year. Iowa had offered him his sophomore year. I think this is a situation where an injury screwed up his plans. Have to wonder how valid his other offers are.
01-25-2012 10:02 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

When will NIU get its first signed LOI? And who will be the recruit?
01-25-2012 10:38 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

(01-24-2012 09:06 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  The kid de-committed for a bigger stage.

"When I committed to Northern Illinois, I fell in love with it," Church said on Monday. "Then, I started thinking I could play at a bigger stage. I always knew I could. I’ll get that opportunity now, and it’s on me." - Church

http://chicago.sbnation.com/2012/1/23/27...recruiting

The only way we can get a bigger stage is by improving our OOC schedule.

He had an offer from BC. So, the ACC isn't a bigger stage than the MAC but the Illini is? 03-confused

I would think that the reasons why he would have chosen NIU over an ACC team like BC would still apply to the Illini.

You can come to NIU and develop under proven Big Ten coaches, like DD and his staff or go to a Big Ten team with a MAC coach in Timid Beckman whose teams gave up 128 points to NIU in his last two games coached.

Church needs to come back home to NIU. It would be the best choice for him.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 11:10 PM by Howl-n-Prowl.)
01-25-2012 10:57 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
Beckman/Toledo beat NIU in 2009 (20-19). He lost the last two years.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 11:06 PM by UIHuskie.)
01-25-2012 11:06 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
only due to a botched field goal
01-25-2012 11:55 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
(01-25-2012 10:57 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 09:06 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  The kid de-committed for a bigger stage.

"When I committed to Northern Illinois, I fell in love with it," Church said on Monday. "Then, I started thinking I could play at a bigger stage. I always knew I could. I’ll get that opportunity now, and it’s on me." - Church

http://chicago.sbnation.com/2012/1/23/27...recruiting

The only way we can get a bigger stage is by improving our OOC schedule.

He had an offer from BC. So, the ACC isn't a bigger stage than the MAC but the Illini is? 03-confused

I would think that the reasons why he would have chosen NIU over an ACC team like BC would still apply to the Illini.

You can come to NIU and develop under proven Big Ten coaches, like DD and his staff or go to a Big Ten team with a MAC coach in Timid Beckman whose teams gave up 128 points to NIU in his last two games coached.

Church needs to come back home to NIU. It would be the best choice for him.

As bad as U of I has been...they still made a Rose Bowl 4 or 5 years ago? For a kid that was probably entering high school at that time and saw it happen, it sticks. And yes, the Big Ten is very clearly a more big time conference than the big east, especially if he's coming from Michigan and has seen the Illini playing UM, MSU, OSU, etc.

I'm still not that upset by it, he doesn't seem to have great measurables, although he's the type of player that can succeed in the MAC, but I'm not worried about RB, and I probably won't be until we actually have a year where we don't have anyone to give the ball to...
01-26-2012 12:57 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
LOI'S can't be signed until next Wednesday, Feb. 1. Until then everyone is in play.
01-26-2012 08:20 AM
NIU1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Here's an item about OL Brad Steger, 6-7, 305, made several all state teams:

"QC Times is reporting that Brad Steger, an OL, from Rock Island, is suppose to decide between Western and Northern Illinois by Feb 1"
01-26-2012 09:57 AM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

That's a big boy.
01-26-2012 11:21 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2012 10:02 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  The Shoff kid tore his ACL his junior year. Iowa had offered him his sophomore year. I think this is a situation where an injury screwed up his plans. Have to wonder how valid his other offers are.

He obviously has talent or he wouldn't have received the BCS offers to begin with. Have to believe he'd like to play at a bigger program than FCS SD St.
Getting the top Olineman in a football crazy state like Nebraska would be a good thing for future recruiting. Expand the footprint.
01-26-2012 12:27 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

(01-26-2012 12:27 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  Getting the top Olineman in a football crazy state like Nebraska would be a good thing for future recruiting. Expand the footprint.

04-cheers to that!
01-26-2012 12:34 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

If the Huskies can land Shoff that gives them the top OT in Nebraska(2 time state champ wrestler) along with Adams who supposedly has decommitted from Hawaii (Top OT in the Dakotas) along with Myers & Ruka (top 2 Olineman in Wisky). If either Myers or Ruka decommit and go to Wisky,
they'd better go hard after Christian Eatherly (Mizzou's top OT) or an instate talent(Ryan Glascow?) but with Scott Taylor (Marian Central Catholic) plus Adams, Myers, Ruka and possibly Shoff you have to like the future of the Oline which has been the bedrock of at least the offensive of this team.
01-26-2012 12:38 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

How many years does Womble have left?
01-26-2012 12:42 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2012 12:38 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  If the Huskies can land Shoff that gives them the top OT in Nebraska(2 time state champ wrestler) along with Adams who supposedly has decommitted from Hawaii (Top OT in the Dakotas) along with Myers & Ruka (top 2 Olineman in Wisky). If either Myers or Ruka decommit and go to Wisky,
they'd better go hard after Christian Eatherly (Mizzou's top OT) or an instate talent(Ryan Glascow?) but with Scott Taylor (Marian Central Catholic) plus Adams, Myers, Ruka and possibly Shoff you have to like the future of the Oline which has been the bedrock of at least the offensive of this team.

He said he doesn't want to go to school close to home.
01-26-2012 12:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.