Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Haywood Fired...
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Haywood Fired...
According to ESPN Haywood was fired from Pitt. Could Beckman be in the candidate pool to go to Pitt?

Article: http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=5978467&top
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 07:39 PM by 42 of Blue Crew.)
01-01-2011 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Haywood Fired...
I feel for those assistants at Pitt who Haywood would not retain following his hiring and the assistants from Miami who planned to coach at Pitt. Now, all of them are out of a job unless the new head coaches at both schools retain some of them. An unfortunate situation.
01-01-2011 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-01-2011 07:34 PM)42 of Blue Crew Wrote:  Could Beckman be in the candidate pool to go to Pitt?

Maybe. But, if you ask me the best thing he could do what be to recruit the heck out of the players considering Pitt--maybe even Pitt assistants. Then, spend a few more years here building a program on the level of Boise. If he is successful he can probably go about anywhere he wants to. He may even have that call from area code 614 show up on his caller ID one day.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 07:59 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
01-01-2011 07:58 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Our recruiters may be at risk of being offered by other programs but as coaches I think they'd still be seen as too inexperienced at this level compared to what can be had with the money Pitt will pay. Haywood had 15 coaching years (4 playing) with major BCS programs, Coach Beckman only 5.

Maybe they should be looking at assistance coaches from the southern teams. Many seem to be from up here but their expereinces in the south can't hurt with recruiting either.
01-01-2011 09:55 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
A safety named Terrell Chestnut is a "soft verbal" to Pitt. He is rated four stars. He also can be a QB or a wide receiver.. Sounds like a real athlete--like an Eric Page--5 foot 10. We have had some excellent players come out of Pennsylvania--Barry Church, Jermaine Robinson, Bruce Gradkowski. He might be worth a look from our coaches.
01-02-2011 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.