Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Let me be the first to recommend...
Bookmark and Share
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: Let me be the first to recommend...
All it takes is one team for Kennesaw to become a big name in the Atlanta Market. We put together one NCAA tournament appearance within the first 2-3 years of our eligibility, and the university will explode. Right now Kennesaw fans are looking for confirmation that we are a legitimate program. Until we are out of the grace period and playing for a chance to advance to the NCAA tournament I can't say that we are. Going .500 or better this year after such a disaster of a start would be great for our program.

We are setting ourselves up for a big time run our first year of eligibility. We will have an experienced, deep and talented team in two years. The fortunate part for us is that our administration and our fans (for the most part) have the patience and longterm vision that is required to build a Division I program. ETSU already has a great program, but many of their fans (cough....Kevster, Goldfinger....) continue to try and bury their head in the sand concerning Kennesaw State's potential and progress.
01-28-2008 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevster Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Bucs!!! Back
Oh yes, Kennesaw's progress. I almost forgot:

2006: 12-17
2007: 13 - 18 (Thank heavens for Newberry & St. Peters)
2008 (to date): 5 - 15

Let's say they break even in the rest of their games (I know, but I'm trying to give them a break here). That would leave them at 10-20 for 2008.

I take it all back. I had no idea Kennesaw was making such progress.
01-28-2008 12:11 PM
1st String

Oh poor kevster....everything can't be measured in wins and losses. You will see :) ... and I know that you are getting nervous about that bet we made. I am creating an "I love Tony Ingle" avatar for you to use as we speak. It is going to be beautiful!!!
01-28-2008 12:22 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

I be shaking in my boots right now.
01-28-2008 12:25 PM
1st String

I know you are. Anyone who would suggest that Kennesaw is not carrying their own weight in the ASun is clearly in a position of fear. We are by no means the dominant school in the conference in athletics, but we are easily carrying our own weight. We have already won multiple championships in our first two years in the league, and almost all of our sport programs are on the rise. Men's basketball despite a tough year is in the midst of its greatest recruiting year of all time. We have a Texas Tech transfer sitting out this year, have signed a 6'11" center that at one time was pursued by some very high major schools, signed a 6'6" GF in Markeith Cummings that will be the best freshman in the conference next year, and a scoring PG that is averaging over 20 points per game while playing against Atlanta High School competition.

So yes, whether you admit it or not, I think there is some fear from you Kevster regarding Kennesaw. We are not better than you at this point in time as a program, that is clear, but we have a bright future. Your bravado doesn't fool me :)
01-28-2008 12:48 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

Ah, once again you have moved beneath the surface to totally understand my underlying fears. It seems I have been "outted."
01-28-2008 01:08 PM
1st String

It seems so :)

Always fun bantering with you Kevster. I sure hope I that I win the wager that we made, because I am sure that you are creative enough to come up with something incredibly embarrassing for a Kennesaw fan :)
01-28-2008 02:10 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
KennesawBasketball Wrote:I know you are. Anyone who would suggest that Kennesaw is not carrying their own weight in the ASun is clearly in a position of fear. We are by no means the dominant school in the conference in athletics, but we are easily carrying our own weight. We have already won multiple championships in our first two years in the league, and almost all of our sport programs are on the rise. Men's basketball despite a tough year is in the midst of its greatest recruiting year of all time. We have a Texas Tech transfer sitting out this year, have signed a 6'11" center that at one time was pursued by some very high major schools, signed a 6'6" GF in Markeith Cummings that will be the best freshman in the conference next year, and a scoring PG that is averaging over 20 points per game while playing against Atlanta High School competition.

So yes, whether you admit it or not, I think there is some fear from you Kevster regarding Kennesaw. We are not better than you at this point in time as a program, that is clear, but we have a bright future. Your bravado doesn't fool me :)

Love the optimism on our recruiting class but is Ladaris 6'11"? I was thinking more like 6'9"..? I never got to see him in person so I can't say for sure though..
01-28-2008 05:03 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Kev- the thing is basketball really doesn't drive this conference. Baseball does.

Besides, if the A-Sun was to kick out all of their basketball teams that suck, they'd have no teams left!
01-28-2008 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevster Offline
1st String

Hmmm. Baseball drives the conference, eh?

And what would you guess is the average attendance at an ASun baseball game?

I don't have any idea, but I'll guess. 355
01-29-2008 01:28 PM
1st String

Baseball doesn't drive any conference. Even at Kennesaw, where we have a legitimate Division I baseball team after only two years of Division I play, baseball doesn't drive the school. Basketball and football are always the two big dogs pretty much no matter what.
01-29-2008 02:33 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Hell must be freezing over, right on KEV! The same goes for Nashville as well, Belmont/Lipscomb get little to no pub down here.

kevster Wrote:For once, Pitt and I disagree. Large markets, nothing. Nobody knows they exist in their markets.

Mercer and I will lead this charge.

So they beat Belmont. Big patooey. So did Campbell (Sagrain rank: 280) and Austin Peay (Sagarin rank: 179) ... twice.

Hmmm. I wonder how Drake did this weekend . . .
02-03-2008 04:56 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

kevster Wrote:Hmmm. Baseball drives the conference, eh?

And what would you guess is the average attendance at an ASun baseball game?

I don't have any idea, but I'll guess. 355

Of course, using the counting methods of some folks around here, I'll adjust that number up to 1,870.
02-04-2008 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.