Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Demetrius Jones
Bookmark and Share
HuskieDave Online
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
Demetrius Jones
Rivals ND site is indicating that Demetrius Jones may have quit the team at ND and be back home in Chicago. They have been unable to get confirmation from ND yet. Clearly, ND has annointed Jimmy Clausen. NIU recruited Jones pretty hard. He was a high school All-American and State of Illinois Player of the Year. ND lists him as 6'4", 213. Hope he decides to come back "home".
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 02:23 PM by HuskieDave.)
09-14-2007 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
RE: Demetrius Jones
Interesting.
09-14-2007 02:16 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Wow, there was still talk that he would get playing time this week because of Michigan's struggles with the spread offense and they were apparantly running more of a spread attack with Jones than Clausen.

Well, if this is true, then I'd love to see him chose NIU.
09-14-2007 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
This might even be more interesting than we think...phil brown and melvin rice, get to work!!!
09-14-2007 02:17 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

Well, that was quick. What if Jimmy Claussen blows a shoulder this weekend and never plays QB at ND again?

The rule is one calendar year from the transfer, I think. Maybe his intention is to immediately move and be eligible to play a few games in next season.
09-14-2007 02:18 PM
NIUHuskies86 Offline
Old by internet standards

Less than 2 WEEKS after he started the opener at QB, he cried, pouted, quit, and ran home instead of trying to get better?? I don't want somebody like that on our football team, who's to say he won't do it again if Grady or Harnish end up being very good?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 02:19 PM by NIUHuskies86.)
09-14-2007 02:18 PM
Advertisement

Premier Club Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
NIUHuskies86 Wrote:Less than 2 WEEKS after he started the opener at QB, he cried, pouted, quit, and ran home instead of trying to get better?? I don't want somebody like that on our football team, who's to say he won't do it again if Grady or Harnish end up being very good?

Good point. I'm not sure I'd want him either. It does make one question what Weis told him during recruiting versus the current situation.
09-14-2007 02:21 PM
NIUHuskies86 Offline

Premier Club Wrote:
NIUHuskies86 Wrote:Less than 2 WEEKS after he started the opener at QB, he cried, pouted, quit, and ran home instead of trying to get better?? I don't want somebody like that on our football team, who's to say he won't do it again if Grady or Harnish end up being very good?

Good point. I'm not sure I'd want him either. It does make one question what Weis told him during recruiting versus the current situation.

I don't get why he ever went to Notre Dame. The reason he didn't go to Illinois was he didn't think he could beat out Juice for the QB job, and Notre Dame has a lot more "quality recruits" at QB than Illinois does. NIU is a legit candidate to get him though between chance to play and knowing people on our roster, whether you like it or not.
09-14-2007 02:22 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

IF this is true, I'll reserve judgement before jumping to any conclussions. we don't know the whole story of what went on/is going on.
09-14-2007 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
He might find a spot with alot of aa teams and play some this season later or next rather than sitting behind Nich/Blalock/Grady for a year which makes little sense for him.
09-14-2007 02:25 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
i seriously hope we get him. we have next to nothing at the QB position. id at least give him a chance. if he's a crybaby/poor sport send his ass home.

if he gets the starting job he won't have much reason to complain.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 02:27 PM by armour248.)
09-14-2007 02:27 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
You knew this was gonna happen. Jones did not go to ND to be a backup for 4 years. Kids of his talent expect to play.
09-14-2007 02:31 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Would he be eligible next season if he did land in DeKalb?
09-14-2007 02:34 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
#2 overall dual-threat QB in 2006?

if he came to NIU, which i doubt since it's all speculation right now, anyone who said anything negative about that would be crazy
09-14-2007 02:36 PM
HuskieDave Online
All American

bikechuck Wrote:Would he be eligible next season if he did land in DeKalb?

No. He would not be eligible next season.
09-14-2007 02:42 PM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Yeah...its dumb to not want this talent on our roster...noone on our team would beat him out at qb, thats just stupid...
09-14-2007 02:43 PM
Advertisement

NIUHuskies86 Offline

I am 99.99 percent sure he would not be eligible for any athletics until 2nd semester next academic year (08-09), so no, and since he didn't get hurt but did play here in 2007, this year counts against him on the clock as well. I'm not sure if he is a redshirt freshman or true sophomore (doesn't matter, he'd just redshirt next year if he didn't in 2006 anyways) but either way I believe if he transferred here, he'd first be eligible to play in 2009 as a 4th year (redshirt) junior.

As for Jones rating in recruiting....he's got a ton of talent, but he went to Notre Dame thus his stock was higher than it should be obviously, they always overrated ND recruits. The attitude thing is a bit concerning though, however the idea of him ending up here fits.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 02:50 PM by NIUHuskies86.)
09-14-2007 02:47 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

HuskieDave Wrote:

Right, the kid already saw playing time at QB vs. Georgia Tech. I think he could be redshirted next season and not lose a year because i don't believe he redshirted as a freshman at ND.
09-14-2007 02:49 PM
scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
epasnoopy Wrote:
HuskieDave Wrote:

Right, the kid already saw playing time at QB vs. Georgia Tech. I think he could be redshirted next season and not lose a year because i don't believe he redshirted as a freshman at ND.

Yes he did
09-14-2007 02:51 PM
NIUHuskies86 Offline

epasnoopy Wrote:
HuskieDave Wrote:

Correct, but that doesn't matter since he's not eligible next year. Whether he redshirted last year or didn't (in which case he would do it next year for his transfer year), he'd have 2 years to play 2 years eligibility left (4th year junior) when he became available to play here starting in 2009.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 02:53 PM by NIUHuskies86.)
09-14-2007 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.