Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

hey GTS....
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

Well I installed Mandrake 9.2... had problems at first, couldn't figure out the password to getinto the bootloader, that I just typed in like 5 minutes prior. So I loaded up in the installer again and went back in and removed the password, what I should have done in the first place. Installation went through like a charm!! I wasn't really looking foward to changing the dchp server to Linux and re-running the phone cord across the room, and setting up ICS with Mandrake. I went into to start the transition, and decided to open up Galeon, just for the heck of it, and I can already browse the internet. I was stunned... I'll still probably set up Samba so I can share files with the linux box. I'll need to format the drive though and use it as FAT32, correct? Other than that, I'm just installed software and updating the rpms.... Looks like something fun to play around with... One question though, I have an ISA soundblaster card, which wasn't recognized, if I remember correctly, it was in Mandrake 8.0. Any idea where I can go to get the drivers for this SoundCard?? Later!
02-06-2004 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

- Any FAT filesystem will work flawlessly with Linux. I have Win XP in FAT32 --> and manipulate files on the Windows partition daily.
- MDK 9.2 recognized my SoundBlaster Audigy MP3 no prob.... Try the SoundBlaster website. I believe they link to Linux drivers on their site.
02-08-2004 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.