Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF Attendance 23,500? Wow...
Bookmark and Share
Hummell Offline
Banned

I Root For: East Carolina
I didn't see any rain during that game. Tuesday night? NICE EXCUSE! It was an ESPN game...your fans should want to be there to make your school look good. Instead, it looked minor-major and was embarassing for UCF and C-USA. Thanks a lot.
09-27-2006 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Re: ....
Hummell Wrote:I didn't see any rain during that game. Tuesday night? NICE EXCUSE! It was an ESPN game...your fans should want to be there to make your school look good. Instead, it looked minor-major and was embarassing for UCF and C-USA. Thanks a lot.

It's no worse than that weeknight Memphis @ UAB game from a few years ago where there were 7 people in the stands. Now that was the lowest of the lows.
09-27-2006 11:04 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
GrayBeard Wrote:
Hummell Wrote:I didn't see any rain during that game. Tuesday night? NICE EXCUSE! It was an ESPN game...your fans should want to be there to make your school look good. Instead, it looked minor-major and was embarassing for UCF and C-USA. Thanks a lot.

It's no worse than that weeknight Memphis @ UAB game from a few years ago where there were 7 people in the stands. Now that was the lowest of the lows.

I don't remember us ever playing at UAB during the week.
09-27-2006 11:11 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
3601 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Maybe it wasn't Memphis, but I remember that it was a terrible rain storm at the beginning of the game. I really thought that is was Wimprine's senior year.
09-27-2006 11:14 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
GrayBeard Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Maybe it wasn't Memphis, but I remember that it was a terrible rain storm at the beginning of the game. I really thought that is was Wimprine's senior year.

It was USF @ UAB in 2004. USF won in front of an announced crowd of 347, but that counted both teams I believe.
09-27-2006 11:19 AM
Bronco_USA
Unregistered

The rain did stop around kickoff. It ended up being a nice night for football. ESPN is still giving us 3 straight games....I think we will be fine!
09-27-2006 11:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
CollegeCard Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

It was USF @ UAB in 2004. USF won in front of an announced crowd of 347, but that counted both teams I believe.

Yep, just found that...My bad.

However, UAB played at Memphis last year on a Tuesday, but that wasn't the game I was talking about.
09-27-2006 11:21 AM
rulethirty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights

I'm shocked we had that many.

I was expecting 14-17k, tops.
09-27-2006 11:32 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Wow, I'm SO suprised this came from an ECU fan.
09-27-2006 01:34 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

The Knight Time Wrote:Wow, I'm SO suprised this came from an ECU fan.

Do everyone a favor and go back into hiding.
We'll see you when UCF wins again.
09-27-2006 01:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers

lets see what MU can get next WED night ..
09-27-2006 01:47 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska

What a great game. UCF should be proud of the number of people who attended the game last night. I feel that Tuesday night games are "made for television" and fan attendence will suffer.

I can say that this game was "first rate" and the UCF hosted a great game. It was nice to see two respected coaches and teams battle it out.

USM is such a tough team to beat. As usual, teams can play with Southern Miss but you better not make any mistakes. If you do, you lose.

Next year gets better when UCF opens a new stadium.

Another thought... Now that C-USA does not have Mike Terico announcing games, we get announcers that have a better attitude toward our conference. That said, Lou calls our conference "USA conference".
09-27-2006 01:52 PM
UofMTigers1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

What about Thursday night games? We played USM and Louisville both on Thursdays 2 years ago and both games had a good crowd. The USM wasn't as big because it was in late November, I think. I remember it being cold.
09-27-2006 02:32 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

UofMTigers1 Wrote:What about Thursday night games? We played USM and Louisville both on Thursdays 2 years ago and both games had a good crowd. The USM wasn't as big because it was in late November, I think. I remember it being cold.

Thursday night is somewhat comparable to the Monday Night Football of college (although it's not really a similar comparison).

For instance, two SEC schools will face off this Thursday night. Do you think two SEC schools would be facing off on Tuesday? (Correct me if this has happened but I don't think it has).
09-27-2006 02:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shyminer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP MINERS

even at 1-2 the Miners should still be averaging a sell-out. This weeks game is a rivalry and I heard they only had 7k tickets left. so it should be sold out or atleast 48k+
09-27-2006 02:53 PM
Von Lichtenstein Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

HerdZoned Wrote:
KNIGHTTIME Wrote:Our attendance was only 3,000 less last night than your average attendance. I say it wasn't bad attendance for a tuesday night and horrible weather. Years ago we would have 12,000 at this game.

But what Im saying KT, this is the song and dance we hear when MAC teams only get 8-10K in their stadium. Its something we shouldn't use. If you want to see what the MAC is saying about the game go check it out.

I don't put any weight into what that dude Van Delay has to say. He is pissed because UCF left the MAC and what our AD said when we left. He posted some crap on our main site awhile back. The MAC is a good conference but lacks fan support. We are in a 70K seat stadium not a 30K seat stadium. When only 23-24K show up it looks empty compared to the 8-10K he mentions in the MAC in a 30K seat stadium. He said the game was ugly but weather conditions played a big factor in the game. Playing with a wet ball has an impact. Try to catch a wet football and carry it when someone is tackling you.
09-27-2006 03:36 PM
MARSHALL77 Offline
1st String

I Root For: MARSHALL

Quote:Try to catch a wet football and carry it when someone is tackling you.
Bowling Green had no problem doing it on us in the 04 GMAC bowl.
09-27-2006 03:49 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

UofMTigers1 Wrote:What about Thursday night games? We played USM and Louisville both on Thursdays 2 years ago and both games had a good crowd. The USM wasn't as big because it was in late November, I think. I remember it being cold.

Correction, we played USM on a Friday night
09-27-2006 03:57 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
GrayBeard Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Yep, just found that...My bad.

However, UAB played at Memphis last year on a Tuesday, but that wasn't the game I was talking about.

yup, that game had 48k in the stands
09-27-2006 03:57 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

The rain quit shortly before kick off... I live in Merritt Island about 35 miles east it started and ended here a couple of hours later than in orlando. I had 2 1/2 inches.
09-27-2006 04:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.